Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Frazier Forever Friends
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Gnat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Frazier Forever Friends Reply with quote

Quote:
APNewsBreak: Sources say Leslie Frazier has agreed to a multi-year extension with the Minnesota #Vikings.

twitter.com/APkrawczynski

It doesn't surprise me that they locked him up, he seems to motivate the players well, which surprises me a little bit, his game planning at time needs work, but he's probably one of those HC's where the offense and defensive sides of the ball will be planned more by the OC and DC.

rpmwr19

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to Leslie!
VikeSince70

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Frazier deserved his extension. He got the maximum effort from his guys and I would much rather have that then a great game planner. Just look at Norv Turner, he is a great OC but has trouble motivating his club and they under perform.

Grats Frazier Smile

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how long, though?

Thx to Uncle Buck!
fishtanked

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well deserved. There were quite a few games this year where due to recent team history I expected the team to fold, they didn't. Leslie seems to have the locker room as unified as they have been in a long time and I believe with one more good draft we could be witnessing the beginning of a power house team for the next 5-7 years.

To quote Les...

"We want to be a smart, disciplined football team."

A pleasant change from the underperforming and frustrating teams of recent years.

Kudos!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can only hope he continues to improve as a Head Coach. I believe in him.

one of the first steps to being successful for a long time in this league is building longevity. Its a good thing when you can strike a longterm deal with your head coach, in hopes that he'll continue to grow and help his team succeed.

Good move in my book Cool

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is only a positive. Frazier is ahead of where most anticipated he would be in his second full year with a largely depleted roster.

Location: Where the true depth of one's soul doesn't resonate with the world
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call me negative if you want, but I think this will bite us later. The play calling was pretty bad for a majority of the season. Now i don't know how much imput he has on that, but the OC and DC were pretty bad at times and he is responsible for them. Some of it was the fault of players not executing plays.

I also think his fate lives and dies with Ponder under center. I wonder how much influance, if any, he had in drafting Ponder.

Joe_is_the_best ^^
SemperFeist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really a fan of this move. First, I'm not a fan of Frazier's approach to the game, I think he's to passive.

Secondly, and my biggest issue with the move, is that it feels like the Vikings are just repeating history. Frazier may have coached the team to a 10-6 record and a playoff birth, but he's also just 1 year removed from coaching the team to a 3-13 record and top 5 draft pick.

I would have liked to see Frazier have another successful season before I would have been willing to give him an extension.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KFAN1003 ‏@KFAN1003
Clarification: #Vikings exercise team option and pick up Leslie Frazier's contract through 2014.

-------
Haters can rejoice now.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:
Not really a fan of this move. First, I'm not a fan of Frazier's approach to the game, I think he's to passive.

Secondly, and my biggest issue with the move, is that it feels like the Vikings are just repeating history. Frazier may have coached the team to a 10-6 record and a playoff birth, but he's also just 1 year removed from coaching the team to a 3-13 record and top 5 draft pick.

I would have liked to see Frazier have another successful season before I would have been willing to give him an extension.

Its hard to fault Frazier for that 3-13 season. It was mostly the pieces from a previously failed regime.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats.

I think extending someone after 1 good year is a bad decision in general. Most people on this board ripped on those of us that said that about the Childress extension. All I want is more than 1 good year before extending someone.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
Congrats.

I think extending someone after 1 good year is a bad decision in general. Most people on this board ripped on those of us that said that about the Childress extension. All I want is more than 1 good year before extending someone.

If they simply are picking an option on the 2014 season, its essentially a two year deal. Hardly a long-term extension.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
PrplChilPill wrote:
Congrats.

If they simply are picking an option on the 2014 season, its essentially a two year deal. Hardly a long-term extension.

True, do we know that's all it is? If so, I have zero issue. Frankly, I thought he did grow as a coach last year. I actually think he has a shot to be good at this.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's exactly what it is PCP. He's signed through the 2014-2015 season instead of the 2013-14 season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: