Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New pre-Combine Mock
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rolni

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: New pre-Combine Mock Reply with quote

Enjoy:

Coaching staff for 2013:
HC: Dennis Allen
OC: Greg Olson
DC: Jason Tarver
ST: Bobby April
[inappropriate/removed].HC\OL coach: Tony Sparano

We are right after the Seymour void and right before the other difficult player, salary moves.

This mock is based on one thing, one idea. This 2013 Oakland Raider team can be better then the 2012 one even without Carson Palmer. If RM and DA thinks this statement is really true and they know that DA needs just a better season to keep his job this is what I would do:

Cuts:

Tommy Kelly is not the focused, disciplined guy DA talks about. He has a huge cap number and his cut would mean serious saving. Its simple as that.

Rolando McClain is a bad joke. We need to move on.

Trade:

Carson Palmer for anything. Since they move away from him they could shop him around. Im sure there would be a team willing to give us a 5th-7th pick just to be able to jump ahead of others. Of course it would have to be a process with CP, so he can agree to the team and could start talking about new deal. This would give us a late rounder (I will work with a 5th in this mock) and cap space.

Extension:

I know most of you would like to see DHB get cut, but check this out. He is a solid, hard working guy, who had solid attitude and who can thank a lot to this organization. He wouldnt get any huge deal ont he open market and Im sure his agent is aware of that. With that said I would offer him a solid extension like this: 5 years 17.231.000 with 12.231.000 signing bonus. Why these odd numbers?
He is due to this: 2013: 7.721.000 salary with 2.880.000 signing bonus. I would turn it into 1M base salary and 9.601.000 signing bonus. He also has 2.630.000 as signing bonus for his last year even after the 2014 is voided. 9.601.000+2.630.000=12.231.000. This could look like this:
2013: 1.000.000 + 2.446.200 = 3.446.200
2014: 1.000.000 + 2.446.200 = 3.446.200
2015: 1.000.000 + 2.446.200 = 3.446.200
2016: 1.000.000 + 2.446.200 = 3.446.200
2017: 1.000.000 + 2.446.200 = 3.446.200

I would keep the following guys :

Mike Goodson as back up RB. He could be cheap, knows the staff, has PBS experience. 2yr-2,5M

Khalif Barnes is the public enemy for lots of you guys, but I think he will be a solid, semi-cheap option for us after this injury plugged ZBS season. He is a PBS guy, looked solid under Wylie. He could battle for the starting RT job in TC. 1y-1,5M

Zach Hurd and Alex Parsons are ERFAs, so we can bring them back easily.

Brandon Myers should realize his best opportunity is here with us. He wont be a starting TE on too many teams, with that weak blocking. We will need a reliable cather for the young QBs ont he other hand. 3yr-6M

Desmond Bryant is young, played well and could be a building block for this team. I think he is a must for us right now. He is versatile and durable. 5yr-25M

Philip Wheeler should be brought back too IMO. He wont get big bucks anywhere, he and his agent should know that. His best chance are us. 3yr-12M

Andre Carter seemed to get back to life int he end after he get healthy and comfortable again. He could have one more solid year IMO. 1yr-1,2M

In the secondary we will have a chance for a total retool. I would keep the young guys Adams (RFA), Ross (ERFA) for sure, since they showed potential and will be cheap.
I would also keep Joselio Hanson on a 1yr-vet min deal.

I would make a push for Mike Mitchell since he finally showed something, but I think we wont be able to sign him, since already have too much at S

After they finished here they will have to focus on the FA pool. I think we will be active, but not on the high spendig section.

Nick Barnett LB has the ties to RM and was a really productive LB in his carrier. He can play in 3-4 as ILB and in 4-3 as MLB or WLB. He would come cheap and could be a nice stopgap for us. If everything works out well he would be more of a locker room leader, good example for the young guys.

Nate Garner OT has ties to Sparano and could battle for the starting job here. Could be a good value signing.

Matt Slauson OG has ties to Tony too and could be for a reasonable price. He could battle for starting gig at LG.

Pat Sims NT is a big run stopper, who should go under the radar with Sammie Lee Hill and Knighton out ont he market too. We grab a solid rotation guy with good value.

Josh Johnson QB has ties to Olson and could battle with TP. They are both mobile QBs, so they could work from the same playbook.

Draft:
We will have a 1st, a 3rd, a 4th, a 5th (CP trade), 2 6th(one is original, other is comp.) and 3 7th rounder (1 original, 1 Murphy trade, 1 comp).
I would really love to trade down, but cant really see it happening now.

1st. Star Lutulelei DT 63 320. Star is viewed by most scouts as the real deal. The talk about a total package when it comes to him. He would be our NT and could form a really good inside combo with Des Bryant.

3rd. Cornellius Carradine DE 64 265. He looked really good before his injury. He could miss every pre-draft workout, what could hurt his stock and help us. He could be our RDE of the future. Andre Carter is here to mentor him and to start in 2013.

4th. Kevin Reddick MLB 62 246. Solid MLB prospect who could come in battle with Barnett and learn. DA seemed to like him at the Senior Bowl.

5th. Tharold Simon 62 193 CB. Great size, interesting prospect. Could slide, because he is raw.

6th. Brandon McGee CB 511 195. Looked solid at the Senior Bowl, could turn into solid depth.

6th. Taylor Cooper SS 64 229. This built worth a try.

7th. Zac Stacy RB 58 215. We need depth at the RB position.

7th. Brandon Kaufman 64 215 WR. Another big WR, who could develope into something.

7th. Brandan Bishop 61 206 FS. We need depth behind Huff.

We would have a nice competition at nearly every spot which is crucial for a rebuilding team IMO.

Thoughts?
Dessie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How have we re-tooled at CB? I can't see any movement other than a 5th round pick ?

No improvement in the secondary, Josh Johnson and Terrelle Pryor at QB, and no improved pass rush, Carter will be 34 and Carradine is coming off a torn ACL and this team will be better than last year? Really?
#clueless
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh Johnson?? He wasn't even on a roster last year. If he had anything to offer at the QB position, wouldn't he have been on a roster?

QB is the most important position on the field. If the options are Johnson and Pryor, then prepare for the #1 overall pick in 2013.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
How have we re-tooled at CB? I can't see any movement other than a 5th round pick ?

No improvement in the secondary, Josh Johnson and Terrelle Pryor at QB, and no improved pass rush, Carter will be 34 and Carradine is coming off a torn ACL and this team will be better than last year? Really?

Really.

Defense:
We can't fix everything in one off-season.
Our pass rush would be better:
Bryant and Star would generate a nice push from the inside and Houston will continue to get better. Carter and Tank would form a solid imporved combination at RDE. With better DT, runD play we would be allowed to send our LB's and DB's more to blitz.

Secondary play would improve:
Huff and Branch could form a stable back end.
Ross, Chekwa, Phillips will be improved after a hole offseason.
Better pass rush would help the unit out a lot too.

Offense:
Improved PBS OL. Would lead to a lot lot better run game. Better run game means more space for the recievers. We have a young core, who will improve. TP would have a solid OL, solid running game, solid D. If he can be our fr. QB he will be able to put together a nice season. If he can't be that guy, he or JJ would still be able to achive a better record then this year.
Dessie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:
Dessie wrote:

Really.

Defense:
Bryant and Star would generate a nice push from the inside and Houston will continue to get better. Carter and Tank would form a solid imporved combination at RDE. With better DT, runD play we would be allowed to send our LB's and DB's more to blitz.

Offense:
Improved PBS OL. Would lead to a lot lot better run game. Better run game means more space for the recievers. We have a young core, who will improve. TP would have a solid OL, solid running game, solid D. If he can be our fr. QB he will be able to put together a nice season. If he can't be that guy, he or JJ would still be able to achive a better record then this year.

Phillips who is that?

I think it is extremely wishful thinking about the secondary and pass rush, Carradine will be lucky to get on the field. Johnson and Pryor at Qb will generate a better record errrr......... ok.

Dennis Allen would be lucky to see November in this scenario imo and Reggie would be under the cosh as well but we will never know.
#clueless
Rolni

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Josh Johnson?? He wasn't even on a roster last year. If he had anything to offer at the QB position, wouldn't he have been on a roster?

QB is the most important position on the field. If the options are Johnson and Pryor, then prepare for the #1 overall pick in 2013.

I think we really would be better then the 4-12 and if TP really could not be that guy we will have a good position to get our QB in 2014.
dmac505

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id be happy with an offseason like this. Well done man.
Id probably keep Palmer instead of the 5th -- but I agree hes not worth the 13mil or however much. I just have to believe he will restructure considering he was retired before we traded for him. If not then move on.

Im one who believes, we arent fixing this team for at least another 2 years.
Your offseason, would drastically improve our D. Love going D with 7 out of our 9 picks.

If Carradine can get back to preinjury form, which i think he will, he can be a steal.

Use this offseason to sure up the D.

A dline of Houston - Bryant - Star - Carter with Christo and Carradine for rotation I see the makings of a good young solid D line.

our LBs are still weak, but hopefully Burris / Wheeler will continue to improve.. MLB is still a priority but maybe Reddick impresses.

drafting 2 CBs, and a SS late I like, just get a ton of people in there for competition. I can see Mitchell staying with the raiders. He loves it here, loved Al and has continually said how much he wants to give back for the love recieved from the davis family.

Let all our young CBs battle it out, let mitchell and branch battle it out, and Huff at FS is fine with me.

I see that D solid all around. I think another year under Tarvers scheme will help a ton too.

Offense will still be an issue, esp with Pryor at QB, assuming thats who youd have start.
But Knapp being gone washes out the difference of Pryor and Palmer.
OBviously Palmer is way better... but Knapp really hurt this offence. More than Pryor will.

Next draft, we can focus on improving offence. When we will now more about Pryor and a better QB class.

Rome wasnt built in a day, and you win with D.
Fix the D before the O

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Rolni

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
Rolni wrote:
Dessie wrote:

Really.

Defense:

Offense:

Phillips who is that?

I think it is extremely wishful thinking about the secondary and pass rush, Carradine will be lucky to get on the field. Johnson and Pryor at Qb will generate a better record errrr......... ok.

Dennis Allen would be lucky to see November in this scenario imo and Reggie would be under the cosh as well but we will never know.

Phillip Adams the guy with INT's, plays.

Wishful thinking? Yes, true.

DA is safe for the season. I think he would achieve a 6-10 or better season with the improved D, OL, running game even with shaky QB play.
That and improved play should give him 1 more year to prove IMO...

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2013/2/13/3985016/oakland-raiders-coach-dennis-allen-free-agency-nfl-draft-off-season
this article also points to the possible improvement we can hope for with the D
Rolni

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmac505 wrote:
Id be happy with an offseason like this. Well done man.

Next draft, we can focus on improving offence. When we will now more about Pryor and a better QB class.

Rome wasnt built in a day, and you win with D.
Fix the D before the O

Thx.

Yeah build it up through the draft.
This year is weak in QB and we have a young questionmark (TP), so why not try him out and draft a new guy in a stronger class if he ain't the answer...

And realisticly I would still keep CP with a reduced deal, but this is a mock and I wanted to be a little "fresh" here
Dessie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:
Dessie wrote:
Rolni wrote:
Dessie wrote:

Really.

Defense:

Offense:

Phillips who is that?

Phillip Adams the guy with INT's, plays.

Wishful thinking? Yes, true.

DA is safe for the season. I think he would achieve a 6-10 or better season with the improved D, OL, running game even with shaky QB play.
That and improved play should give him 1 more year to prove IMO...

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2013/2/13/3985016/oakland-raiders-coach-dennis-allen-free-agency-nfl-draft-off-season
this article also points to the possible improvement we can hope for with the D

Laughing I am sure you do but I would disagree. So you meant Adams, ok. That pass rush and secondary terrifies me but its only my opinion. I see you already referring to 'shaky QB play' that doesn't bode well.

I would much rather get a vet CB in than get a fading Barnett and if we get Sims I would go for a premier pass rusher in the draft and get a DT (Brandon Williams) in the 3rd.
#clueless
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My only issue is lack of pass rush. I like most of the other picks and have no problem with the late round CB's especially McGee. I think we will addres CB in FA and get a guy to groom as nickel CB such as McGee or Wooten.
Rolni

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear you guys!!

There are news about Jarvis Jones getting cleared by NFL doctors...if he falls past the Jags he could be a good piece for us...
Boo_This_Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like where you went with this mock off-season. I am also with the belief that you get rid of Palmer and let TP prove what he can do (or what he can't) and then address the QB situation in 2014.

However I don't think its realistic we get anything for Palmer. A team like the Cardinals who need a QB would be better off picking up a Jason Campbell and just saving their picks to improve their team. Either way I HOPE that a team is stupid enough to trade for him and his awful contract.

Devin Brown-FS-#10

Props to JTagg7754 on the sig!

Raiders/Warriors/A's
Rolni

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx
NickButera

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, pretty simple and realistic. I could see many of these moves happening.

Btw, you might want to change your abbreviation for "Assistant" HC/OL Coach. The filter picked it up. Laughing I'm sitting here wondering, what the heck is filtered out right there? Wink

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: