Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Harper41's Mock Draft
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harper41

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Harper41's Mock Draft Reply with quote

Let me start off by saying, I feel that Akiem Hicks is going to be the NT in our 3-4, I think he'll play a Jay Ratliff role as a pocket pushing NT.

Round 1 - DE Shariff Floyd UF
I don't think any of the top OLB prospects will make it to us unfortunately and Floyd has been FLYING up draft boards, some say he's overtaken the #2 DT spot with rumors of him going in the top 10. He has an incredible first step, great hand usage and a variety of pass rush moves. He was excellent at shooting gaps and showcased great balance and flexibility, he would give us our DL for the next 10 years and reminds me quite a bit of Muhammed Wilkerson.
Round 3 - OLB Devin Taylor South Carolina
Taylor is a huge player with ridiculous athleticism and insanely long arms. Shows good change of direction, balance and flexibility. Needs to add some bulk to his frame, but he definitely would fit as a SOLB in Rex Ryans scheme.
Round 4 - OT Brennan Williams UNC
Williams was a top prospect before his injury and I see the Saints taking a chance on him in round 4 after Bushrod walks for $. He has a massive wingspan and very good athleticism for a guy his size, his strength and wingspan should allow him to be a great RT for the Saints.
Round 5 - SS JJ Wilcox Georgia Southern
Versatile player, who played 3 years at WR and 1 at SS. Has the speed and instincts desired in coverage but needs to work on his tackling, also still has an adjustment period to the S position. Good developmental prospect.
Round 6 - TE Ryan Otten San Jose State
Big, athletic TE. Great hands and great speed, needs to work on his agility and blocking but it gives Brees another big weapon to target in the red zone.
Round 7 - CB Melvin White Louisiana-Lafayette
Big, athletic CB prospect from our hometown Ragin' Cajuns! He's been my sleeper all year, he has great instincts, fluid hips and plays the ball extremely well in the air. He WILL be a starting CB in the NFL.

Starting Offense
QB - Drew Brees
HB - Pierre Thomas
FB - Jed Collins
WR - Marques Colston
WR - Lance Moore
TE - Jimmy Graham
LT - Charles Brown
LG - Ben Grubbs
C - Brian de la Puente
RG - Jahri Evans
RT - Brennan Williams

Starting Defense
DE - Cameron Jordan
NT - Akiem Hicks
DE - Shariff Floyd
WOLB - Junior Galette
WILB - Curtis Lofton
SILB - Martez Wilson
SOLB - Anthony Spencer
CB - Patrick Robinson
CB - Melvin White
SS - Isa-Abdul Quddus
FS - Malcolm Jenkins

Rip it apart boys!

RTR
GFalcon wrote:
go saints
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boooooooooooooooooooo

jk. I like it. I'd rather Chris Faulk than Brennan Williams in the 4th though. And, I was called crazy for saying Hicks would/could play NT. Cool I guess someone agrees lol.

Saints
LSU
Pelicans

AD 4 MVP!

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan
Harper41

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
boooooooooooooooooooo

jk. I like it. I'd rather Chris Faulk than Brennan Williams in the 4th though. And, I was called crazy for saying Hicks would/could play NT. Cool I guess someone agrees lol.

He definitely could. He's very similar to Jay Ratliff in playing style. He's an inch taller and about 20 pounds heavier but he's a great athlete and constantly pushes the pocket.

RTR
GFalcon wrote:
go saints
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:
boooooooooooooooooooo

He definitely could. He's very similar to Jay Ratliff in playing style. He's an inch taller and about 20 pounds heavier but he's a great athlete and constantly pushes the pocket.

He has a big frame and sheds blocks as well. I like em'.

Saints
LSU
Pelicans

AD 4 MVP!

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan
FLOODx

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the front 7, but do you really think a rookie 7th rounder will be our starter at corner right away? Love IAQ starting! Hate Jenkins, but like you, I think he'll be starter again this year.

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
Porter22

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it, perfect work! Floyd is one of my favourite players and White is one of the most underrated players this year. Our defense could become a Top 10 Unit and our offense would be as good as they've been the past years. Bit risky to go with Brown and Williams at OT, but they should be able to handle it!

QB Drew Brees - 1,203 YDs ; 7 TD ; 3 INT ; 71.4% Pct

DB Patrick Robinson - 12 Tackles, 3 PDefs, 1 INT
Harper41

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Porter22 wrote:
Love it, perfect work! Floyd is one of my favourite players and White is one of the most underrated players this year. Our defense could become a Top 10 Unit and our offense would be as good as they've been the past years. Bit risky to go with Brown and Williams at OT, but they should be able to handle it!

Charles Brown showed MORE than enough to get a shot at the LT job. When he took over for Strief he was IMO, our best OL. He was fantastic in pass protection and was blowing guys off of the line. Brennan Williams is super raw so I wouldn't be surprised if Strief played another year at RT to let him develop but he has all the tools to be an elite RT.

RTR
GFalcon wrote:
go saints
Harper41

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLOODx wrote:
Love the front 7, but do you really think a rookie 7th rounder will be our starter at corner right away? Love IAQ starting! Hate Jenkins, but like you, I think he'll be starter again this year.

Do I actually think Melvin White would win the starting job? No Laughing Homer alert. I just love the guy, I think he has all the tools to be a top press CB in the league.

RTR
GFalcon wrote:
go saints
krewebrees

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love your offense. I havn't been a fan of Strief saying all season that Brown should have started over him. Floyd is one of me favorite prospects. Unlike everyone here I'm not sold on Spencer. Yea He is good and knows the system, but I don't think we have the money to get him or really anyone for that matter, especially with Payton wanting to keep Vilma. Its sounding like Vilma will play where you have Spencer. I dont like the idea of a 7th round pick starting on day one. I personally would cut Greer, but still start Corey White. I think Isa Abdul-Quddus I great and should start, but I definatly think he is more suited to play free safety. Maybe move Jenkins to SS, I not sure on that though.
sammymvpknight

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great mock...and pretty realistic. I think that keeping Vilma at his current contract is a huge mistake and will prevent the Saints fern doing anything in free agency.

Spencer is a great fit at SOLB. Wilson/Vilma are a great SILB tandem.

I prefer Jamie Collins and Chase Thomas over Devin Taylor. They are just superior football players. I think that Brandon Jenkins is also better but will need to check out medically. Taylor should have been much more productive opposite Clowney.
Harper41

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devin Taylor is definitely a super raw player BUT his potential FAR outweighs that of any other mid round OLB prospect. I only took him because with the Spencer signing it would give him 2-3 years to develop and learn the SOLB position and then take over for Spencer.

RTR
GFalcon wrote:
go saints
sammymvpknight

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Devin Taylor is definitely a super raw player BUT his potential FAR outweighs that of any other mid round OLB prospect. I only took him because with the Spencer signing it would give him 2-3 years to develop and learn the SOLB position and then take over for Spencer.

I think that Jenkins and Collins have fantastic potential. Both are capable of manning either OLB position and are actually productive. If it wasn't for Jenkins injury he would have likely been a first rounder. If Collins played for Alabama and NOT USM...he would be a borderline 1st rounder as well.

All I see in Taylor is an awkward huge guy. I don't see the explosiveness of the other two guys. Sure...he may develop into a great SOLB, he does have potential. But I am going with the two guys who have production at the college level to go along with potential.

I really like Chase Thomas as a 3rd-4th rounder if the Saints are UNABLE to get a guy like Spencer in FA. He could step in from day 1 and be a significant upgrade to Hawthorne at SOLB. But his upside is not to the level of Taylor, Collins, and Jenkins.
FLOODx

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to add that I think Ryan will view Hicks as a NT, as well. If he does, I wonder what we do with Bunkley? How's it effect the cap if he's released?

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone thought if we tag Bushrod?

Saints
LSU
Pelicans

AD 4 MVP!

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan
sputney23

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seriously doubt Hicks plays NT

NS922 On the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: