Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Romo Question
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Desperado82

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Renner in a Cowboys uniform.

^^^mack
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:

+1

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:

What about Johnny Football ? Say he wins another Heisman don't you think the gm would be all over that as a marketing tool ?

FTR I don't want him.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

What about Johnny Football ? Say he wins another Heisman don't you think the gm would be all over that as a marketing tool ?

FTR I don't want him.

No, I don't want him. I don't think he'll be a successful NFL QB at all.

^^^mack
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

FTR I don't want him.

I would have agreed with this until I saw Russell Wilson play the second half of the season and the playoffs. I think Johnny Football would succeed in the right type of offense.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

FTR I don't want him.

I would have agreed with this until I saw Russell Wilson play the second half of the season and the playoffs. I think Johnny Football would succeed in the right type of offense.

I guess it will all depend on how he develops over the next year or so.

That said, I like Wilson. I don't like Manziel. Two completely different attitudes. One professional, one immature and self-serving. It's one reason why I don't want anything to do with Tyler Bray.

^^^mack
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All valid points gentlemen.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

FTR I don't want him.

There are fundamental differences between Wilson and Manziel. Wilson came from two pro style offenses in college (NC State and Wisconsin), where Manziel came from a spread offense which focuses on the zone read option. Manziel has not shown the ability to read defenses, go through progressions in the passing game, or make NFL style throws. Wilson showed all of those traits in college. The only reason he fell in the draft was because he's short. If Wilson was 6'2", he would've been a top 5 pick because of his talents at the position. Manziel is not on that level.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

FTR I don't want him.

There are fundamental differences between Wilson and Manziel. Wilson came from two pro style offenses in college (NC State and Wisconsin), where Manziel came from a spread offense which focuses on the zone read option. Manziel has not shown the ability to read defenses, go through progressions in the passing game, or make NFL style throws. Wilson showed all of those traits in college. The only reason he fell in the draft was because he's short. If Wilson was 6'2", he would've been a top 5 pick because of his talents at the position. Manziel is not on that level.

Like I said, Manziel IMO needs the right kind of offense in the NFL to succeed that uses the zone option read like SF, Seattle, and Wash. I think Chip Kelly would love to get Manziel in Philly. Manziel doesn't have the greatest arm strength but I'm impressed with his accuracy. And, IMO, his pocket awareness is as good as any college QB I've ever seen. Combine that with his ability to escape and throw on the run... I would not be at all surprised to see him succeed in the right system.

But, I also agree that he has maturity issues.
Pigskin Plato

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

FTR I don't want him.

Like I said, Manziel IMO needs the right kind of offense in the NFL to succeed that uses the zone option read like SF, Seattle, and Wash. I think Chip Kelly would love to get Manziel in Philly. Manziel doesn't have the greatest arm strength but I'm impressed with his accuracy. And, IMO, his pocket awareness is as good as any college QB I've ever seen. Combine that with his ability to escape and throw on the run... I would not be at all surprised to see him succeed in the right system.

But, I also agree that he has maturity issues.

And if this isn't fixed, in my opinion, he won't be successful at the next level, no matter the system around him. I firmly believe that leadership and being the rock of a team are key intangibles that all successful QB's have. Immaturity seems to be the anchor that sinks many young QB's careers. VY, Russell, Leaf, and now even Sanchez, have had the locker room turn on them because of this key flaw, and if I have a high pick and I'm looking for a franchise QB, I sure as heck won't trade my organization's future for the hopes that we can turn this talented kid around. Not arguing any of your points, though. This kid is going to be very interesting to watch in terms of growth. [/b]
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
If Romo remains on the roster for the 2013 season, his current contract will void - that pushes every dime of his multiple restructure bonuses into our 2014 cap - how much you ask? $8.181m

So we'd be paying $8m to not have Romo on our roster - it's one thing to pay a couple hundred thousand or even a few million for a past his prime very unproductive player - but to pay a Top 10 QB $8m to go play elsewhere? Never going to happen

He will be traded (highly doubtful) or he will be extended (99.9% Guaranteed to happen)

I swear Todd Archer stalks me

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4705784/another-reason-why-cowboys-have-to-sign-tony-romo

Sig courtesy of mack.
TheStarStillShines

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
If Romo remains on the roster for the 2013 season, his current contract will void - that pushes every dime of his multiple restructure bonuses into our 2014 cap - how much you ask? $8.181m

So we'd be paying $8m to not have Romo on our roster - it's one thing to pay a couple hundred thousand or even a few million for a past his prime very unproductive player - but to pay a Top 10 QB $8m to go play elsewhere? Never going to happen

He will be traded (highly doubtful) or he will be extended (99.9% Guaranteed to happen)

I swear Todd Archer stalks me

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4705784/another-reason-why-cowboys-have-to-sign-tony-romo

Just another example why people shouldn't be citing journalists as being great sources or to prove their points because often they don't come up with their opinions, arguments, or even facts, but instead derive them from other people. Journalists are the biggest plagiarist around.

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the same interview in which Aikman gave his opinion about the Jerry/Jason situation (not factually based - simply gut feeling) and everyone rushed to claim to if you don't believe him then you are accusing him of lying...

...should the same standard be held for his other opinion, which was about Romo? He said that "He's a special player. Unfortunately not a lot of people recognize that." In the past he's gone on to say that Romo is actually a better QB than he ever was.

Now, I don't particularly prescribe to the opinion of someone is concrete fact - but given what several expressed in the other thread - does Aikman's opinion of Romo change yours here?

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bryan Broaddus ‏@BryanBroaddus

Quote:
@TjRuLz6298: @BryanBroaddus when does a romo deal get done? I believe before March 12th.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Via BTB Twitter

Quote:
Mike Fisher is reporting that Stephen Jones said today (on 105.3 The Fan) that they are now in negotiations with Tony Romo on signing a deal that will have him as the QB of the Cowboys for the next four-five years. Romo is entering the final year of his current contract with a cap hit of approximately $16.8 million

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 5 of 16

Jump to: