Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jordan vs. Jones
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
biggreen715

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Jordan vs. Jones Reply with quote

Who would you rather draft? Dion Jordan(Oregon) or Jarvis Jones(UGA), and why?

GO!!!
MP

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jones for me.

We're the Jets when we draft boom or bust players, they always bust. Dion Jordan just has to many question marks around him. Where as Jones it's going to take injuries to derail him. We took Vilma despite his injury history, we haven't been scared off by past injuries.

Jones doesn't take plays off, he has a high end motor, he's a sound tackler and has good closing burst around the QB. Jones has the fundamentals down already, Jordan still has things to work on.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarvis Jones. If he's there at 9 it'll be a steal. While I am scared off a bit by his back issue, he will still be a monster for whatever time he spends in the league. I know it's not part of your question but I prefer Warmack over anyone, yes even at 9.

Sig made by Jamison. Thank you!
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jones is, overall, a better football player currently and is probably a "safer" long-term prospect. There are some things I like about Jordan (his length, his experience in coverage, his upside) and some things that really bug me about Jordan (lack of pass rushing moves). Overall it just comes down to how you draft and how much faith you have in your coaches to develop talent.
MoLewis57

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like Jordan better because even if he turns out to only be good at coverage and ok at pass rushing he will be a long time jets ala bt but without the beating up of women hopefully.
As supremely talented as Jones is his injury is scary. The short term production my not be worth the same as a lo g term starter
perikirest

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to say it being a Ducks fan but Jordan has bust written all over him and I do hope he proves me wrong.

AAJ Mark Sanchez
1 Torn Labrum
JerseyJet

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Dion Jordan will be good but i just think Jarvis jones will be great. The more he drops because of injury concerns the more he will be motivated to prove wrong the teams that passed him. He could be the best player of this draft.
JetFanSince85

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jones would be the #1 pick if he had zero medical issues.

That being said, he has played for what two seasons now with no issue?

I dont hink he is anymore a risk then any other player who gets drafted, anyone's career can end on any one play.

The rumblings are he is not a hard worker in the locker room, that worries me more then the injury concern.

If he can be what Aldon Smith was for the 49ers his first year a DPR and get us like 8-10 sacks playing next to Big Mo and Q I would be happy.

On a side Note one scout quoted on WaltersFootball did not have D'monte Moore as a first round prospect.
IvyLeague

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jones. He's a "sum is greater than the parts" type player.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure.

I'm not as big on Jones as most people as far as a 3-4OLB. I think he will do much better as a 4-3OLB. I love Jones and how much effort he gives. But most of the time he just uses his speed on the outside to beat tackles. Not really showing much block shedding. VS the run, some games he gets swallowed by lineman.

Quote:
@Gil_Brandt
Doctors give clear bill of health to Georgia LB Jarvis Jones. Med report will be sent to teams Thursday, should solidify top-10 pick.

I'm not to worried about his health . It's just his pass rushing skills and the ability to play the run on the next level I'm more concerned about. and does he have the frame to add 10+ pounds?

I'm not using numbers to compare the 2 because Dion was asked to cover a lot more.
moham-17

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you guys watched the tape on Jones?

I'm by no means an expert talent evaluator, or as knowledgeable as some of you guys when it comes to sorting through the hype and production of certain players to determine where they should go.

That said, I've watched his highlights, and the youtube videos against alabam and florida; and from what I saw I'm not impressed. Maybe I just haven't watched the right ones...

He shows off a decent spin move every now-and-then in run coverage, but 8/10 times he just runs as fast as he can around the edge; just like Maybin.

He also has a hard time shedding blocks. I'm certainly not questioning his motor, but I just wasn't impressed.

I'd much rather trade down, pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder, and grab Okafor or Ogletree (who looks really good in coverage and packs a wallop on his hits).

If I'm wrong, just show me what I'm missing ; but I haven't been impressed enough to want us to use a top ten draft pick on him.

And definitely not Dion Jordan...
skrILL

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given his clean bill of health, Jones is my new #1 target for the Jets. He reminds me of Clay Matthews and the impact that a player of that caliber would have on our defense would be amazing.

That said, his stock will continue to rise and I doubt he gets past Cleveland at 6. But now that leaves open the possibility of Werner or Moore falling to us.

N E W Y O R K J E T S
moham-17

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For argument's sake I'd rather have Jordan.

It seems like he has more experience in coverage than Jones, and is a little more powerful in shedding off blocks.
skrILL

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moham-17 wrote:

It seems like he has more experience in coverage than Jones, and is a little more powerful in shedding off blocks.

Coverage, yes. Power, strongly disagree. Jordan has problems disengaging and has no semblance of a pass rush repertoire.

N E W Y O R K J E T S
moham-17

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:
moham-17 wrote:

Coverage, yes. Power, strongly disagree. Jordan has problems disengaging and has no semblance of a pass rush repertoire.

Yeah, but on my earlier post I've noted that Jones is one trick pony as well. From what I've seen, all he does is run as fast as he can around the O-line to try and somehow get to the QB.

So many of his sacks fell into his hands on the videos I watched. IMO, he and Jordan have very similar playing styles. And that style is similar To Aaron Maybin.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: