Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Browns Player Notes
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bruceb

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am loving all these presumed assessments as they are consistent with mine, and the rumors.

While I am not completely sold on Banner/Lombardi, I definitely would look to upgrade QB and definitely would get rid of all the players rumored to be on their ways out.

Heckert was a breath of fresh air following all the incompetent GMs we've had since returning, but that's faint praise when you consider his predecessors, starting with the cretin Dwight Clark. Heckert did a good but not a great job.

None of this has anything to do with removing the Heckert stain; it's absurd to believe otherwise.

This all has everything to do with getting better and I'm all for it.
DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This makes me think that one of our best FA pickups should be Delane Walker....I think he'd be perfect in this offense....

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
dawgpound1816

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaWg_LB. wrote:
This makes me think that one of our best FA pickups should be Delane Walker....I think he'd be perfect in this offense....

As I wouldn't be against it brother DaWg_LB, but only if he plays more fullback and a receiver out of the backfield....do you think he's a prototypical TE for Chuds system? He's got good speed for a TE, hands, athletic and an all around good player, but pretty short at 6'0. That's the only reason I'm iffy on Delanie. Do you think his height plays a larger role than you'd think? Do you think having a free release is easier for him instead of battling at the LOS? He's a smaller more bowling ball type to try and jam, but he's also a shorter target at TE than most at his position. Especially with the ones that are bread for their system. More like a small forward size. Idk?

R.I.P. Brother Crakburn - Never Bark in the Dark Brother Crakburn....For all of us Dawgs will be barking to the heavens for you.
bulldog

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walker is an H-back.

He often lines up at FB when SF is in the pistol. He motions around a lot.

He's a really good blocker, but he drops a lot of passes.
Reginaldm9

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
Walker is an H-back.

I've noticed that he catches far more downfield passes than short passes. It's almost as if a large majority of his drops come from when he's thinking about the YAC.

Adopt-a-Brown: Joe Haden
Stats: 1 big fat pay day
ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reginaldm9 wrote:
bulldog wrote:
Walker is an H-back.

I've noticed that he catches far more downfield passes than short passes. It's almost as if a large majority of his drops come from when he's thinking about the YAC.

If recent history is an indicator, Chud/Norv like their FB's to be able to do more than just block (take some carries, catch passes, etc.). They've been rolling with guys like LeRon McClain and Mike Tolbert. Really, it's what Marecic was supposed to be, but he's clearly not.

A guy like Walker makes sense. Also maybe guys like Brian Leonard or Jacob Hester, as I see they are FA's.

It will happen some day. Not sure when.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:
bulldog wrote:
Walker is an H-back.

If recent history is an indicator, Chud/Norv like their FB's to be able to do more than just block (take some carries, catch passes, etc.). They've been rolling with guys like LeRon McClain and Mike Tolbert. Really, it's what Marecic was supposed to be, but he's clearly not.

A guy like Walker makes sense. Also maybe guys like Brian Leonard or Jacob Hester, as I see they are FA's.

Lonnie Pryor Twisted Evil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: