Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rams plan to hire Tim Walton as DC
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
green24

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Rams plan to hire Tim Walton as DC Reply with quote

Quote:
@AdamSchefter
Rams plan to hire Lions DB coach Tim Walton as their defensive coordinator.

Interesting. The Rams were previously linked to Rob Ryan. The Lions secondary was very poor this past season.
Ryback

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Re: Rams plan to hire Tim Walton as DC Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Quote:
@AdamSchefter
Rams plan to hire Lions DB coach Tim Walton as their defensive coordinator.

Interesting. The Rams were previously linked to Rob Ryan. The Lions secondary was very poor this past season.

Terrible Hire. Evil or Very Mad
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kind of a head scratcher.

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
stlblackshirt

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fine with this hire. Seems like the Lions fans aren't happy about losing him and the guy is highly thought of in the NFL. In fact, Fisher wanted Walton on the staff last year.

All they need is someone to run the meetings during the week and motivate on game day. Fisher, McGinnis, Cecil, and Waufle proved last year they can run a decent defense.
Hat Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lions had one of the worst secondaries in all the NFL. How could the Rams not find a linebacking coach, or defensive line coach that comes from a team with a stingy 4-3 defense?
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over reaction removed. I'm still not happy we didn't get Jauron. Walton is promising though and we didn't even have a DC last year, so it should be an improvement regardless. Just surprising.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason

Last edited by Flatlyner on Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:12 am; edited 2 times in total
jjab360

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hat Man wrote:
The Lions had one of the worst secondaries in all the NFL. How could the Rams not find a linebacking coach, or defensive line coach that comes from a team with a stingy 4-3 defense?

The Lions had the 14th ranked pass defense with almost no notable talent on the back end. Color me impressed.

That's a better pass defense than we had, BTW, despite leading the league in sacks and CBs like Finnegan, Jenkins, Fletcher, and TruJo.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are going to hate on this hire because the other two candidates were pretty popular names. I like the hire, everything I've read/heard about Walton says he's a really good coach.
Rams4eva92

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on Fisher Hire Singletary! Singletary could get us both Erin Henderson and Dashon Goldson to sign with us. Goldson likes Singletary a lot and it would be great. SMH!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rams4eva92 wrote:
Come on Fisher Hire Singletary! Singletary could get us both Erin Henderson and Dashon Goldson to sign with us. Goldson likes Singletary a lot and it would be great. SMH!

If we are going that route why not Bill Cowher
Hoj398

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryback wrote:
Rams4eva92 wrote:

Do you guys think this could increase our chances of landing Delmas. He's often injured if I'm not mistaken?
Ryback

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoj398 wrote:
Ryback wrote:
Rams4eva92 wrote:

Do you guys think this could increase our chances of landing Delmas. He's often injured if I'm not mistaken?

Id say its more of possibility. He missed 5 games in 2011 and 8 games in 2012. He is another Bob Sanders. According to Detroit Lions news. The are pushing to re-sign him.
FRO

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoj398 wrote:
Ryback wrote:
Rams4eva92 wrote:

I think it's a possibility, but he is the guy Titus Young sucker punched and is oft injures. Some guys that he coached in college that are Kenny Phillips and Laron Landry, both oft injured as well.
tim199009

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guys relax this is a great hire. everyone has to start from somewhere they all just dont suddenly become good defensive coordinators. I trust fisher sees some value and potential in this guy which is the reason why he was chosen over the other two.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the negative reaction so far in this thread is kind of puzzling. This guy is a pretty good coach who is well liked and respected among the coaching circle...

I'm really impressed with what he was able to do with a horrendous, injury plagued secondary last season in Detroit...

Also, this hire makes a ton of sense. He knows Fisher's system/style pretty well already from Schwartz. He's a guy who isn't gonna come in with an ego and way he wants things done like the bigger name DCs. This defense is gonna function exactly the same...

IDOG_det on the sig...
RIP "El Fenomeno" - Oscar Taveras

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: