Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Unofficial FA List Revealed
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
apollo14000

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Unofficial FA List Revealed Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/story/0ap1000000138649/article/2013-nfl-free-agency-unofficial-list-of-2013-nfl-free-agents?campaign=Facebook_news

Quote:
Arizona Cardinals
Unrestricted free agents: Mike Adams, CB; D'Anthony Batiste, OL; Nick Eason, DE; Quentin Groves, LB; Vonnie Holliday, DE; Brian Hoyer, QB; Rashad Johnson, S; Paris Lenon, LB; Pat McQuistan, OL; Rich Ohrnberger, OL; James Sanders, S; LaRod Stephens-Howling, RB; Greg Toler, CB

Quote:
The free-agency period will begin on March 12.

Alright it's getting to be that time of year where we lose guys and bring some new ones in. It's pretty much a certainty somebody new comes in so scour the lists. Who do we bring back, let go, and possible FAs we should go after?

Money is tight so I'm just going to throw some names out there for discussion.

Matt Moore QB- He played very well in 2011 and was in the unfortunate position of having a new coaching staff come in and what a new QB. They went with Tannehill who was just ran the same system with their current OC.
Drew Stanton QB- The backup to Andrew Luck and played under Arians last year. Could compete for the #2 or #3 QB spot.
Felix Jones RB- A shifty back who can catch the ball and break off some big runs.
Devery Henderson WR- He's getting up there in age and his production has declined but since we're going for a vertical offense, he could be a guy we look at.
Delanie Walker TE- I love this guy and he fits what Arians wants in a TE. He is a TE that can line up in several positions including the backfield. He's a good blocker and a great ST player.
James Casey TE- Same type of TE as Walker so if we're looking for another weapon we can move around the field, Casey fits.
Antoine Caldwell OG- A spot starter for the last 4 years. I haven't been following him but I liked him coming out of college. Can player Center too I believe.
Bryant McKinnie LT- His name seems to come up every season so I thought I'd just throw him in here.
Jasper Brinkley ILB- Classic thumper style LB. Would likely command a contract similar to Bradley so it's unlikely.
Larry Grant ILB- I heard someone raving about this guy a while back but I don't know anything about him.
Brandon Siler ILB- A good, strong run defender who could compete with Lenon for a spot. He'd be cheap.
iRobot

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Unofficial FA List Revealed Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/story/0ap1000000138649/article/2013-nfl-free-agency-unofficial-list-of-2013-nfl-free-agents?campaign=Facebook_news

Quote:
Arizona Cardinals
Unrestricted free agents: Mike Adams, CB; D'Anthony Batiste, OL; Nick Eason, DE; Quentin Groves, LB; Vonnie Holliday, DE; Brian Hoyer, QB; Rashad Johnson, S; Paris Lenon, LB; Pat McQuistan, OL; Rich Ohrnberger, OL; James Sanders, S; LaRod Stephens-Howling, RB; Greg Toler, CB

Quote:

Alright it's getting to be that time of year where we lose guys and bring some new ones in. It's pretty much a certainty somebody new comes in so scour the lists. Who do we bring back, let go, and possible FAs we should go after?

Matt Moore QB- He played very well in 2011 and was in the unfortunate position of having a new coaching staff come in and what a new QB. They went with Tannehill who was just ran the same system with their current OC.
Drew Stanton QB- The backup to Andrew Luck and played under Arians last year. Could compete for the #2 or #3 QB spot.
Felix Jones RB- A shifty back who can catch the ball and break off some big runs.
Devery Henderson WR- He's getting up there in age and his production has declined but since we're going for a vertical offense, he could be a guy we look at.
Delanie Walker TE- I love this guy and he fits what Arians wants in a TE. He is a TE that can line up in several positions including the backfield. He's a good blocker and a great ST player.
James Casey TE- Same type of TE as Walker so if we're looking for another weapon we can move around the field, Casey fits.
Antoine Caldwell OG- A spot starter for the last 4 years. I haven't been following him but I liked him coming out of college. Can player Center too I believe.
Bryant McKinnie LT- His name seems to come up every season so I thought I'd just throw him in here.
Jasper Brinkley ILB- Classic thumper style LB. Would likely command a contract similar to Bradley so it's unlikely.
Larry Grant ILB- I heard someone raving about this guy a while back but I don't know anything about him.
Brandon Siler ILB- A good, strong run defender who could compete with Lenon for a spot. He'd be cheap.

Not to be the Debbie Downer but I think it's highly unlikely we can make much if any move in FA this offseason.

I'll change my tone pending cap moves on our roster, but right now.. I can't see us grabbing anyone worth while (i.e. Delanie Walker, etc.)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Unofficial FA List Revealed Reply with quote

iRobot wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:

Quote:
Arizona Cardinals

Quote:

Not to be the Debbie Downer but I think it's highly unlikely we can make much if any move in FA this offseason.

I'll change my tone pending cap moves on our roster, but right now.. I can't see us grabbing anyone worth while (i.e. Delanie Walker, etc.)

Yeah I know but we have a new coaching staff so there will inevitably be new additions and moves made in FA. Many of the names I listed are cheap too. Plus when we do make cap space, we don't have to resign any of our current players to big contracts (like Campbell and D-Wash from last year).
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reckon we chase Walker TE hard.

I can see him being our starter and Housler being #2 TE

Would be nice.

And he would cost as much as Heap did this year.
apollo14000

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:

Would be nice.

I can't see him supplanting Housler. Housler is just going to keep getting better and he has the size to hold up as an inline blocker. Walker would most likely play beside Housler or in the backfield.

Walker would be a nice get though.
iRobot

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
DJ_Fka wrote:

Would be nice.

I can't see him supplanting Housler. Housler is just going to keep getting better and he has the size to hold up as an inline blocker. Walker would most likely play beside Housler or in the backfield.

Walker would be a nice get though.

Walker could be possible depending on cap moves. I would think $2M a year or around that figure could get him. He will have options though.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irobot is better at posting graphs but here's a list of everyone we have under contract next season and the total cap figure...

Link

2013:

51 players = 127M
2012 rollover = 3.5M
= 123.5M
2013 Salary cap = 120M

We're basically 3M over the cap with 51 players under contract...

Cuts/Savings (expected)

- Bradley/3.5M
- Doucet/2M
- King/1M
= 6.5M

48 players and 3.5M under and that's without restructuring Kolb's contract. We should be 7-8M under after that. 7-8 draft picks only making a total of 4-5M.

We'll be fine and could even cut one of our overpaid stiffs at OG. Re-sign 2-3 of our FA's and get a bunch of comp picks the following year.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need to get creative and quick

I think lenon is back btw, so we have little room to move

Really we should trade back a few times to get more picks

Rookie min contracts are so much cheaper and fills that talent void in roster roster behind the top 8 players or so to 45, that is what I would do
iRobot

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish we could stockpile picks but I think we have too many holes, esp on the OL to afford to do that.

Would love if we could go into next draft with multiple 1sts, 2nds, etc.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toler getting some love accompanied by a play by play breakdown. Shows 9 other underrated free agents.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/21701145/undertheradar-free-agents-cb-toler-tops-list-of-highvalue-guys

Quote:
That's the one thing that surprised me on tape: His willingness to tackle. He throws his body around, but he's also more than capable of staying with good receivers. He can play press-man, off-man and he seems comfortable playing zone.

Quote:
As you can see, Toler has a ton of talent. He is physical. He is fast. And he can cover. With a little polish, he has a real chance to be a quality corner in the league -- one worth a solid deal in free agency, but not necessarily the huge dollars.
sunnysouth

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
Toler getting some love accompanied by a play by play breakdown. Shows 9 other underrated free agents.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/21701145/undertheradar-free-agents-cb-toler-tops-list-of-highvalue-guys

Quote:
That's the one thing that surprised me on tape: His willingness to tackle. He throws his body around, but he's also more than capable of staying with good receivers. He can play press-man, off-man and he seems comfortable playing zone.

Quote:
As you can see, Toler has a ton of talent. He is physical. He is fast. And he can cover. With a little polish, he has a real chance to be a quality corner in the league -- one worth a solid deal in free agency, but not necessarily the huge dollars.

I thought it telling that many of the players mentioned on that list have been discussed here, for the same reasons.
Keep up the good work guys.
By the way, I'd be happy with keeping Toler and signing Butler.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Pretty much what I saw down the stretch last season as he started. Showed a heck of a lot of promise.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does promise cost us per year?

$2 or $3 mil?

or more?
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
What does promise cost us per year?

$2 or $3 mil?

or more?

Not sure, I have a few questions though;

1 - How close did Greg get to Louie Cioffi, and how much of his vast improvement was on the back of the skills of Cioffi (Who we should have kept here).

2 - The Browns with Horton and Cioffi are looking for a Corner to start opposite Haden, they know what they get with Greg and it is not going to cost them too much, I could see them making a big push for him.

3 - How high are we willing to go with Greg with the likes of Fleming in the wings and Gay and Peterson on the roster too.

I think we see Greg sign in Cleveland, and I think he thrives there. I think our DB's get by just fine without him too.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we let Greg go and we might, we really need to address CB in the draft in the mid rounds somewhere

Rhodes, Ryan etc would be nice.

Probably start ahead of Fleming who really didnt wow this year, could have been a coach's doghouse thing too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: