Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

1st Time Poster: Your Thoughts on Jared Cook

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
3HeadedMonster


Joined: 10 Feb 2013
Posts: 68
Location: Music City via C-bus
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: 1st Time Poster: Your Thoughts on Jared Cook Reply with quote

I live in Nashville, TN & am a lifelong Brown's fan. I am cautiously optimistic regarding next year. I know Chud loves & values the TE position. How hard do you see the FO going after Jared Cook in FA? At 6'5"/250 he is a physical specimen. Also, I believe he is only 25 yo. I would love to see Cook with the Browns next year. What say you?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
buno67


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 30796
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: 1st Time Poster: Your Thoughts on Jared Cook Reply with quote

3HeadedMonster wrote:
I live in Nashville, TN & am a lifelong Brown's fan. I am cautiously optimistic regarding next year. I know Chud loves & values the TE position. How hard do you see the FO going after Jared Cook in FA? At 6'5"/250 he is a physical specimen. Also, I believe he is only 25 yo. I would love to see Cook with the Browns next year. What say you?


I would love Cook. I can see the the FO improving the TE position because how important it is in Chuds offense. I would love it if it was Cook. Ive wanted him on the browns since he killed them 2years ago
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Dropkick_pride


Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 10805
Location: C-bus
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TE is the biggest hole on offense....

I'm good with Cook.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
3HeadedMonster


Joined: 10 Feb 2013
Posts: 68
Location: Music City via C-bus
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have watched every Titans game since they drafted Cook. I don't understand why they never made Cook a focus on their offense. He has good hands and is an above average run blocker. He has been wasted talent in Nashville. I think Chud & Norv will get the best out of him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
H2ThaIzzo


Joined: 15 Jan 2009
Posts: 3990
Location: Ohio
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love him, but the word is that he will get franchise tagged.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
BrownLeader


Joined: 30 Jan 2013
Posts: 171
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather Fred Davis. And yea, Cook's probably not getting out of Tenn.
_________________

Pre-Draft 2013 Mock *FULL DRAFT* http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=521213&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pnies20


Joined: 19 Dec 2007
Posts: 6966
Location: Nashville through Erie, PA
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Nashville too! Very Happy

Cook works out at my gym in Hermitage.
_________________
2013 Browns Forum HOF Inductee

MINGO ATE YO BABY!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fullback40


Joined: 30 Dec 2012
Posts: 311
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's perfect for what we want to do here in Cleveland, but won't probably be available. He's rumored to be staying in Tennessee.

Gary Barnidge from Carolina seems like a decent depth fit if we are sold on Cameron. He comes with Chud. He has good athleticism and is a seam stretcher. Just not much of an in line blocker.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MSURacerDT55


Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 4175
Location: 8 mile by way of St. Clair E.99
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fullback40 wrote:
He's perfect for what we want to do here in Cleveland, but won't probably be available. He's rumored to be staying in Tennessee.

Gary Barnidge from Carolina seems like a decent depth fit if we are sold on Cameron. He comes with Chud. He has good athleticism and is a seam stretcher. Just not much of an in line blocker.


God knows we need that, my pick would be perfect for what we are trying to do

Brandon Pettegrew- 6-5 270, plays in the wrong type of offense for his particular skillset. Is a great blocker in the run game and is a deceptive athlete who is a legit threat when used correctly

I believe that with the right pick (4th) the Lions would be willing to part ways with him and they could move towards someone who would more fit what they are trying to do like a A.Hernandez or D.Keller
_________________
Murray State University Alum: Go Racers

PSN: bench515lbs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
H2ThaIzzo


Joined: 15 Jan 2009
Posts: 3990
Location: Ohio
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSURacerDT55 wrote:
Fullback40 wrote:
He's perfect for what we want to do here in Cleveland, but won't probably be available. He's rumored to be staying in Tennessee.

Gary Barnidge from Carolina seems like a decent depth fit if we are sold on Cameron. He comes with Chud. He has good athleticism and is a seam stretcher. Just not much of an in line blocker.


God knows we need that, my pick would be perfect for what we are trying to do

Brandon Pettegrew- 6-5 270, plays in the wrong type of offense for his particular skillset. Is a great blocker in the run game and is a deceptive athlete who is a legit threat when used correctly

I believe that with the right pick (4th) the Lions would be willing to part ways with him and they could move towards someone who would more fit what they are trying to do like a A.Hernandez or D.Keller


Yeah, they aren't going to be giving him up for a 4th round pick. The description you give for him is exactly what Michael Williams from Alabama is. Excellent blocker, when he does get thrown too, he makes plays. If he played somewhere that actually threw the ball to their TE's, he would be one of the early tight ends drafted in this class.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ReggieCamp


Joined: 06 Dec 2006
Posts: 9349
Location: Canonsburg, PA
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum.

As others have said, if Cook becomes available, he should be high up our list. Like you, I don't understand why the Titans didn't use him differently. He's clearly a mismatch for any defense, and I'd love to have him. Overall, it's a pretty impressive group of FA's at the TE spot. I'll be disappointed if we don't sign someone who is starter quality.
_________________
Suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.

Adopt-a-Brown: Desmond Bryant
2013 Stats (10 games): 24 Tkls, 3.5 Sacks, 2 Stuffs, 1 PD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group