Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chris Canty
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iceman88

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Chris Canty Reply with quote

Defensive Lineman Chris Canty visited with the Titans this past weekend and according to Mike Garafolo he visited with the Chiefs and is now going home to mull over Titans/Chiefs and he currently has no other visits scheduled.

I think that Canty could be an interesting addition to our defensive line. The guy is huge (6'7" and 317) and if nothing else can plug up the running lanes.

Props to Kempes ^
justing101

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd only be happy with the potential signing if it was cheap enough.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
I'd only be happy with the potential signing if it was cheap enough.

Agreed. Canty is a good pass-rusher and can help clog the lane. Him and Casey would make a good duo with Martin and Klug rotating in. Definitely an upgrade over Marks. He does have injury history though.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As mentioned above, would depend on his price.
derekfelty

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! His a BIG dude, wouldn't mind signing someone like him. I've been him play once or twice before. I think he played for the cowboys then the gaints, am i right? he could be like jj.watt jump up and smack the ball down lol.
lamont

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

derekfelty wrote:
Wow! His a BIG dude, wouldn't mind signing someone like him. I've been him play once or twice before. I think he played for the cowboys then the gaints, am i right? he could be like jj.watt jump up and smack the ball down lol.

C'mon man! Chris Canty is no JJ Watt. You are one funny dude. Shocked

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
lamont

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per Rotoworld.

Quote:
The Titans made a contract offer to free agent DT Chris Canty during his visit, but he's "continuing to explore his options."
Canty visited the Chiefs on Monday. Per USA Today's Mike Garafolo, Canty has no other scheduled visits "at this point." The fact that Canty is "continuing to explore his options" is a strong indication the Titans' offer was of the "team friendly" variety. Canty is still likely to have a new home by the end of the week.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Iceman88

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
Per Rotoworld.

Quote:
The Titans made a contract offer to free agent DT Chris Canty during his visit, but he's "continuing to explore his options."
Canty visited the Chiefs on Monday. Per USA Today's Mike Garafolo, Canty has no other scheduled visits "at this point." The fact that Canty is "continuing to explore his options" is a strong indication the Titans' offer was of the "team friendly" variety. Canty is still likely to have a new home by the end of the week.

I think that it would be a great signing for us and it would overall end the need to draft a DT.

Props to Kempes ^
justing101

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
lamont wrote:
Per Rotoworld.

Quote:

I think that it would be a great signing for us and it would overall end the need to draft a DT.

I'm warming up to the idea of signing him. I'm glad that it is most likely not for very much, or he would have already signed.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always been a fan of Canty, but his injury history concerns me. I do, however, like the idea of a big bodied vet in the middle not named Shaun Smith. If the money's right, I'd like the signing.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The money seems right for the Titans just not sounding like Cantys happy with the offer

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Shaun Phillips:

Ropati Pitoitua:
TT4Life7

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans fan 617 wrote:
The money seems right for the Titans just not sounding like Cantys happy with the offer

Doesn't seem like he's happy with either offer or he would have signed already. The offers must have been similar if it's only about money.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its tough i wish i could say we have a leg up on KC but we dont they just hired a respectable coach and people love KC. But maybe the Greg Williams factor helps us but i doubt it its just gonna come to who pays more

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Shaun Phillips:

Ropati Pitoitua:
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing that interests me about this visit is does it indicate the Titans are shifting away from drafting a DT in the first round? Right now I see that position as the most likely target for us with the #10 pick, but if we were to sign Canty, idk. Just a random thought..

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR
2) Sammie Hill NT
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwoToneBlue wrote:
One thing that interests me about this visit is does it indicate the Titans are shifting away from drafting a DT in the first round? Right now I see that position as the most likely target for us with the #10 pick, but if we were to sign Canty, idk. Just a random thought..

Agreed. If Canty signs with us and is healthy, I can't see us drafting a DT at all because a rotation of Casey, Canty, Martin, and Klug is pretty good. 4 deep at DT is great.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: