Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trading Kenny Britt
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FRO

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Trading Kenny Britt Reply with quote

Rams fan here, we desperately need a WR with talent and from what I read the Titians won't renew Kenny Britt's contract after the 2013 season. Do you think the Titians would be open to trading him and what do you think would be expected in return? Thank you
NhTitan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Trading Kenny Britt Reply with quote

FRO wrote:
Rams fan here, we desperately need a WR with talent and from what I read the Titians won't renew Kenny Britt's contract after the 2013 season. Do you think the Titians would be open to trading him and what do you think would be expected in return? Thank you

I would not be surprised if he's available for the right deal.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind trading him at all. I know it's reaching, but I'd want a 3rd round pick for him.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering the potential he has and the fact that he is costing us hardly anything against the cap, he will almost absolutely not be traded.

Would not do it for a 3rd. He is the only big-bodied receiver we have.
VY-FTW

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
Considering the potential he has and the fact that he is costing us hardly anything against the cap, he will almost absolutely not be traded.

CalhounLambeau on the sig!

Adopt-A-Titan:
-Nate "The Great" Washington
Rec: 12 Yds: 160 TD: 0
-Ryan Succop
FG: 9/11 Long: 47
derekfelty

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be fine with trading kenny britt to the rams for there 3rd round draft pick. We prob could use another mid around draft pick to boost up our team.
FRO

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys for your responses. A third round pick would be way too high for us due to his off field issues.

What are your thoughts on Jared Cook being retained?
NhTitan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this FFMD13 related?
Dionysus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FRO wrote:
Thank you guys for your responses. A third round pick would be way too high for us due to his off field issues.

http://blogs.tennessean.com/titans/2013/02/15/titans-expected-to-use-tag-on-jared-cook/

This link should shed some light on Cook's future with us.
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
FRO wrote:

http://blogs.tennessean.com/titans/2013/02/15/titans-expected-to-use-tag-on-jared-cook/

This shouldn't surprise anybody. Seriously why would they just let him test FA without getting anything for him? Especially when next season is win or hit the effin road for the QB, Head Coach, and maybe even the GM. I've been saying they'd franchise him since before the season ended.

**RIP Steve McNair**
Ockham

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't improve your team by trading first round draft choices in their prime for third round draft picks. Ridiculous.

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
FRO wrote:

This shouldn't surprise anybody. Seriously why would they just let him test FA without getting anything for him? Especially when next season is win or hit the effin road for the QB, Head Coach, and maybe even the GM. I've been saying they'd franchise him since before the season ended.

This doesn't surprise me either. IMO this would be a wise move because this should be a true "make or break" season for Cook. I don't want to sign him to a long term deal until he shows that he's THAT guy. He's shown big-play ability, but he also tends to disappear during games. Can he stay consistent, can he improve on his blocking, can he earn the coaches confidence to keep him on the field, etc.? Now with George Henshaw back coaching the group, I expect a real breakout season for our TEs with Cook leading the way.

Ockham
As far as Kenny Britt goes, I find nothing ridiculous about trading him for a 3rd round pick other than the price being too high. I have very much been wanting Britt to dominate and show that he's "The Man" on this receiving corps, but I've grown tired of waiting. Let's face it. He has shown moments of brilliance and could be an elite receiver in this league, but for a 1st round pick, his overall body of work is screaming failure. He's also shown flashes of stupidity and injuries that's keeping him from putting it all together. If he's going to be our premier WR, we need a lot more than just "flashes". We need on-field consistent production from him and off-the-field trust in him. Injuries I can understand, but these constant run-ins with the law EVERY freaking offseason is what's really ridiculous. It's to the point where you can see the coaches are pretty much fed up with his offseason BS. They keep having high hopes for him and his role in the offense, but end up staying frustrated and disappointed in him because of his continued legal issues every year which does us no good. So far, his overall production is about equivalent to a 4th rounder.

Career Totals: 146 receptions for 2354 and 19 TDs.
These are his yearly averages.
Receptions: 36.5
Yards: 588.5
Rec. TDs: 4.75

EDIT: Like Cook, this should also be Britt's make-or-break season. I really hope he brings it and show us why we should keep him around. But if it's more of the same lackluster production we've been seeing, then I'm done.

Ockham

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but if you're my GM, and you trade Kenny Britt for a 4th, you're looking for a job the next week. What are you gonna do with the 4th? Draft the next Lavelle Hawkins?

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ockham wrote:
Sorry, but if you're my GM, and you trade Kenny Britt for a 4th, you're looking for a job the next week. What are you gonna do with the 4th? Draft the next Lavelle Hawkins?

If we traded Britt, I'd either try to sign a FA (Jennings or Bowe) or draft a WR in either the 1st or 2nd. The depth this year for WR's in this draft is incredible. Go Cordarrelle Patterson in the 1st.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ockham wrote:

You're missing what I'm saying in that sense. I didn't say we should trade him for a 4th round pick. I'm saying that his pro career stats doesn't reflect the production of a 1st round pick. His stats are the kind of numbers you'd expect to see from someone of a 4th round level. And when it looked like he was on his way to finally having that breakout season we've all been waiting on, BOOM, another injury. He tears up his knee without even getting hit. Granted everybody can't be a phenom like Adrian Peterson, but with a whole season to fully recover from that torn ACL, I'm hoping he can pick up where he left off in 2011.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: