Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Offseason

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FRO

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Mock Offseason Reply with quote

Overview:
The goal is to do three things, build the offensive line, improve the back end of the defense, add offensive weapons. We do not have a ton of cap space, so we have to be creative. I want an athletic offensive line that can excel in the hurry up offense. I want a rangy playmaking FS who has a nose for the ball. I want a SS to push Mikell this year and take over in 2014. I want WRs and TEs that can beat the press man and can make big plays. I want a group of offensive weapons like Green Bay, not just one go-to-guy. 

Resign-
Danny Amendola WR- One of the best slot WRs in the game. Often injured though. Has great chemistry with the QB, that cannot be overlooked. 

Kellen Clemons QB- Knows the offense

Cut-
Steven Jackson RB- A great Ram, but not worth 7 million. If he wants to come back on a cheap one yr deal then do it, doubt he does though. I see him going to the Packers. 

Wayne Hunter T- Makes too much 

Harvey Dahl RG- Wasn't missed while injured. Need to go younger. 

Sign-
Jared Cook TE Tennessee- He may get franchised, but he wants out of Tennessee. Has great potential and athletic ability. Still very young. 

Justin Durant SLB Detroit- Very good SLB. Plays in a similar system in Detroit. Still young. 

Shonn Greene RB New York Jets- Had virtually the same year Jackson did with more TDs. Will come cheap on a 1 yr deal. Provides insurance if Pead can't be the number 1 back. Knows the system well. 

Matt Shanghessy DE Oakland- Played for coach Waufle in Oakland. Cheaper, younger replacement for Hayes. 

Trade- 6th round pick to Tennessee for Kenny Britt
     •Britt is a troubled WR with skill. He hasn't produced to the level he is capable of and has been injury prone.   He is inexpensive and Tennessee will be happy just to get something for him. 

16- Lane Johnson LT Oklahoma- Very athletic, has long arms (35 inches). Needs to bulk up. Can play LT or RT. Has probowl potential
22- Jonathan Cooper LG North Carolina- Super Athletic LG. Great in pass protection. Excellent at pulling and the screen game. Needs to add bulk but has the frame to do so. 
46- Bacarri Rambo FS Georgia- Playmaker. Does a great job of playing centerfield. Fits what Rams need. 
78- DJ Swearinger SS South Carolina- Plays with an edge and attitude. Can cover the slot WR well. Heavy hitter. 
110- Brian Schwenke C Cal- Has talent to be a very good starting C. Will push Wells for starting job. 
142- Tyrann Matheiu CB/RET LSU- Playmaker. Great nose for the ball. Dynamic returner. Has off the field issues, but loves football. 
206- Mike Edwards CB/RET Hawaii- Dynamic returner. 

QB- Sam Bradford
RB- Isaiah Pead/Shonn Greene/Daryl Richardson
FB- Lance Kendricks
X- Kenny Britt/Brian Quick
Y- Titus Young/Chris Givens
Slot- Danny Amendola/Titus Young
TE- Jared Cook
LT- Lane Johnson
LG- Jonathan Cooper
C- Scott Wells/Brian Schwenke
RG- Rok Watkins/Shelly Smith
RT- Roger Saffold
Swing T- Joe Barksdale

LDE- Chris Long
RDE- Robert Quinn
DT- Michael Brockers
DT- Kendall Langford
WLB- Jo Lonn Dunbar
MLB- James Laurinitais
SLB- Justin Durant
CB1- Janoris Jenkins
CB2- Courtland Finnagen
CB3- Trumaine Johnson
FS- Bacarri Rambo
SS- Quintin Mikell/DJ Swearinger
Wr80

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're really banking on Titus Young bringing something to this offense and our players progressing correctly
FRO

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wr80 wrote:
You're really banking on Titus Young bringing something to this offense and our players progressing correctly

My two main goals are fix the offensive line and the safety position. I believe this offseason does this. It takes risk with troubled but talented guys like Britt and Young. They both are inexpensive, are young, and talented. They may mature and be the football players they are capable of being, or they don't. Quick and Givens can progress and be the WRs they were billed to be, or they don't. While not perfectly ideal there are viable options as far as playmakers.
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its pretty solid, however, if we are taking 2 safeties in this draft, rather then taking Cooper at #22 (which I don't feel is the right value for him), I'm taking Elam, and drafting Warford in the 2nd (who I have graded nearly the same as Cooper). I like a combo of Elam/Swearinger a lot more then Rambo/Swearinger.

That would be a nasty secondary with those to back there!
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: