Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pre-Combine Very Different Mock Draft.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Pre-Combine Very Different Mock Draft. Reply with quote

I haven't seen anyone give consideration to a lot of players I am interested in. Maybe they think they will be gone by the time we are on the board...

1) Sheldon Richardson, DT
If Richardson and Vaccaro are still on the table when Dallas picks, they will pick the later. That leaves Richardson for us. BPA, huge need, and the guy is a freak.

2)Larry Warford, G
Warford has risen up draft boards as of lately. I agree a tackle is definitely be needed here, but I don't think any of value would be available by the time we pick. Keeping Eli alive should be a priority. My original pick was Barrett Jones, but I just can't see someone has versatile has him fall to the Giants. But crazier things have happened (Like the 3-6 Skins making playoffs)

3)Tank Carradine, DE
Due to his injury and lack of experience, I think Tank will fall. He is explosive and will bring much needed youth to our DL

4)Therold Simon , CB
I am all for large CBs, especially when they have such fluid hips as Simon. I think he has been in the shadow due to the success of Claiborne and the LSU DL. He measures in at 6'3. I think Webster is probably gone baring a huge restructuring of his contract. Rolle may move to corner if T2 can stay healthy as Thomas will probably move to safety. Prince, Therold, Hosley/Rolle would be a nice combination. Therald does need some coaching but I think he will be a stud.

5)DeVonte Holloman, LB
I'm really surprised no one has given consideration to Holloman. He's a converted safety and I think would make an excellent WILL, keeping Williams at strong side. He lacks the burst to play catchup, isn't ideally flexible or fluid but he has great hands, strength, and is very good in coverage I think he will be a great addition to our LB corps especially with Boley gone and is a steal in the fifth.

6) Ricky Wagner, OT
In early mocks, Wagner went as high as the second. Lately I have seen him going as late as the 7th. I don't think he is an ideal LT in the NFL, but he can provide depth, and possibly start at RT since almost our whole line is in shambles.

7)Dustin Hopkins, K
I don't think this pick needs much explanation. Tynes is gone and the Giants need a booming leg.

Comments and feedback are appreciated. I'm not sure if every player I've drafted will fall to us, but ideally it would be nice.

Last edited by Kodaraw on Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Kodaraw nice to have you on the forums! Very Happy

as for your mock it is unique Laughing

I haven't seen much of your prospects in game. But I've heard mixed reviews of Richardson. For me I think he's got the right build for us, but I'd prefer many other guys over him.

Other than that you seem to be drafting what we need which is good, heavy defensive is a plus. Also addressing a new kicker and an offensive linemen are needed.

Overall a very nice job. Next time I suggest maybe some pictures or player sizes/colleges.

Bolieve in Masai
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4ev wrote:
Welcome Kodaraw nice to have you on the forums! Very Happy

as for your mock it is unique Laughing

I haven't seen much of your prospects in game. But I've heard mixed reviews of Richardson. For me I think he's got the right build for us, but I'd prefer many other guys over him.

Other than that you seem to be drafting what we need which is good, heavy defensive is a plus. Also addressing a new kicker and an offensive linemen are needed.

Overall a very nice job. Next time I suggest maybe some pictures or player sizes/colleges.

I've thought the same about Richardson, but outside of Joseph we don't have much at DT. Kuhn flashed potential then went to IR. Canty was released.

I can edit with sizes and colleges. If Richardson is gone, I would probably take Xavier Rhodes. Ogletree lacks instincts IMO, but his athleticism is undeniable. A tackle in round one could be ideal, but it depends on FA.

And I forgot my manners. Embarassed Thank you for the welcome. Very Happy
Save The Hero

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum!

I like your draft. Good potential in all of your picks. Good job!

^Stone85 on the sig^
HakeemTheDream

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job! Really like the majority of picks here. If we were to get Richardson and Carradine, our defensive line would be the league's best again once they get some experience.
Tehzl

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Pre-Combine Very Different Mock Draft. Reply with quote

Kodaraw wrote:
I haven't seen anyone give consideration to a lot of players I am interested in. Maybe they think they will be gone by the time we are on the board...

1) Sheldon Richardson, DT
If Richardson and Vaccaro are still on the table when Dallas picks, they will pick the later. That leaves Richardson for us. BPA, huge need, and the guy is a freak.

2)Larry Warford, G
Warford has risen up draft boards as of lately. I agree a tackle is definitely be needed here, but I don't think any of value would be available by the time we pick. Keeping Eli alive should be a priority. My original pick was Barrett Jones, but I just can't see someone has versatile has him fall to the Giants. But crazier things have happened (Like the 3-6 Skins making playoffs)

3)Tank Carradine, DE
Due to his injury and lack of experience, I think Tank will fall. He is explosive and will bring much needed youth to our DL

4)Simon Therald, CB
I am all for large CBs, especially when they have such fluid hips as Simon. I think he has been in the shadow due to the success of Claiborne and the LSU DL. He measures in at 6'3. I think Webster is probably gone baring a huge restructuring of his contract. Rolle may move to corner if T2 can stay healthy as Thomas will probably move to safety. Prince, Therold, Hosley/Rolle would be a nice combination. Therald does need some coaching but I think he will be a stud.

5)DeVonte Holloman, LB
I'm really surprised no one has given consideration to Holloman. He's a converted safety and I think would make an excellent WILL, keeping Williams at strong side. He lacks the burst to play catchup, isn't ideally flexible or fluid but he has great hands, strength, and is very good in coverage I think he will be a great addition to our LB corps especially with Boley gone and is a steal in the fifth.

6) Ricky Wagner, OT
In early mocks, Wagner went as high as the second. Lately I have seen him going as late as the 7th. I don't think he is an ideal LT in the NFL, but he can provide depth, and possibly start at RT since almost our whole line is in shambles.

7)Dustin Hopkins, K
I don't think this pick needs much explanation. Tynes is gone and the Giants need a booming leg.

Comments and feedback are appreciated. I'm not sure if every player I've drafted will fall to us, but ideally it would be nice.

You butchered the heck out of that man's name lol. His name is Tharold Simon.

Anyways good mock. B+
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: Pre-Combine Very Different Mock Draft. Reply with quote

Tehzl wrote:

You butchered the heck out of that man's name lol. His name is Tharold Simon.

Anyways good mock. B+

I didn't even notice that... That's embarrassing Crying or Very sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: