Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Reggie Bush 2013- Question & Opinion
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Conquest8089

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reggie Bush 2013- Question & Opinion Reply with quote

Dolphins Owner Stephen Ross loved acquiring Reggie Bush. Brand name brings publicity. I sincerely believe Philbin would prefer moving forward with Lamar Miller & Youth. Reggie doesn't fit the ZBS & he's being paid to be a Star.

Everywhere I go to read about the Phins, an updated article talks about how Reggie isn't likely to return. Does Reggie actually have open market value? What Franchise would actually offer a multi year deal? Reality is other than maybe the Jets, Reggie's not exactly an open market target.

Reggie is represented by Joel Segal. If I'm Joel, I want a 4 Years 18.0 Million deal with 11 M guaranteed. In MIami, Reggie is the most marketable & he saves 7% on the lack of State Income Tax.

Look- Franchises get bullied by agents. In this instance, settling with Segal is advisable. It will make future negotiations with Reshad Jones & Mike Pouncey easier. And, we all like Reggie.
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has no value which is exactly why we are letting him test the market. A 28 year old, injury prone, running back with only two over 1000 yard seasons is worth almost nothing in the market unless he gets overpaid. He will be back with the Phins when he sees that his real value is less than half of his current contract.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually see Detroit and GB as possible destinations. I dont think the market will be high but I do think there will be a market

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im kinda torn about Reggie.
He did a good job for us & I think he is still useful to us.

Heres the thing, Reggie is really a "crutch" in this system because we havent developed a consistent deep pasiing game.

So Philbin is faced with cutting the umbilical cord, "when" is the big question.
Its a commitment, kinda the same way I feel about J. Long.
He doesnt really fit the syst & until we acquire the right assets & take a chance we dont grow in the right dirrection.

sug
cddolphin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd give him $4 mil.
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reggie will catch on with Lions or Bengals are the two places I see him going with a slight favorite to the Lions.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel with a respectable deep threat reggie has about 1400-1700 all purpose yds in this offense. Until we get that proven deep threat to take the pressure off its no sense in paying him.

^^^packerbacker87, mad props yo.
"
This is America, the land of individualism, civil
disobedience and footballs that dont roll like the rest of the world wants them to"
Warpticon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see how a deep threat has much of anything to do with how Reggie performs. He didn't fall off from his early season performance because of the absence of a deep threat. He fell off because he kept trying to bounce everything to the outside and getting tackled 2-4 yards in the backfield. The knee injury probably had something to do with that, but Reggie doesn't hit the hole with authority in general. With great man blocking he can really shine. Ina zone blocking scheme he's too hesitant to make the best use of it. On the other hand, that's exactly what Miller excels at.
mitchconnor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytotha wrote:
I actually see Detroit and GB as possible destinations. I dont think the market will be high but I do think there will be a market

I'm really surprised I haven't heard more talk about Bush to Green Bay. I think it's the best fit in a lot of ways.
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Bush is a special player. I'd love for him to return. I think he's was the best RB on the team last year and while I am hopeful about Miller, I am not yet sold that he can carry the load. We'll see what they do to replace him before I judge his departure to harshly. If he returns, I'll be surprised and thrilled.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bush has special skills that can't be coached.....his cut back ability and talent in the open field make him a big play threat every play. He became a much better between the tackles runner and has very good hands. He's also one of the hardest working players on the team and is great in the locker room. Where ever he lands he will be a great team guy. With that said, he does lose yards on a few too many runs putting the team in a 2nd or 3rd in long situations, he's getting too close to 30 to warrant any long term deal and does exactly fit the system. Running backs are a dome a dozen...if a team has a good offensive line almost any guy with decent vision, speed, and strength can be successful in this league which makes a heavy investment in the position pointless.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Running backs are a dome a dozen...if a team has a good offensive line almost any guy with decent vision, speed, and strength can be successful in this league which makes a heavy investment in the position pointless.

I like Bush the best out of this FA running back group, but I don't think any of them will really break the bank, partly for the reasons you mentioned.
patman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytotha wrote:

He screams Cinci to me. BJGE is a bell cow back but does not give you anything outside the tackles or in the passing game. In Cinci I could see
Bush getting 125 carries and 60 receptions. 3 years and 12 mill should be
about right.

Cinci needs "names" to help sell premium seats, Ellis gets paid 3mill a year so they won't be putting a lot of money into the position. They went to the playoffs 2 years in a row so that makes them an attractive stop.
mitchconnor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patman wrote:

He screams Cinci to me. BJGE is a bell cow back but does not give you anything outside the tackles or in the passing game. In Cinci I could see
Bush getting 125 carries and 60 receptions. 3 years and 12 mill should be
about right.

Cinci needs "names" to help sell premium seats, Ellis gets paid 3mill a year so they won't be putting a lot of money into the position. They went to the playoffs 2 years in a row so that makes them an attractive stop.

And they do have $ to spend. But I think he'd be part of a pretty even tandem in Cincy, whereas in Green Bay, he'd play every down in almost all game situations. I still like GB for him.
Maddogg

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankly I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Atlanta Falcons as a possible destination for Reggie Bush. With Michael Turner more than likely being released this off season and still a decent possibility of Tony Gonzalez coming back for one more run at the Super Bowl, the Falcons offense would be scary good. This would also allow Atlanta to focus heavily on defense in the upcoming draft.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: