Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Wilber and the state of the DE position in 2013
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
SHSTE92


Joined: 08 Jan 2006
Posts: 3395
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Wilber and the state of the DE position in 2013 Reply with quote

Quote:
The Dallas Cowboys are looking into LB Kyle Wilber playing defensive end and backing up LB DeMarcus Ware.


Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz2KinePbGU

What a wasted pick, disliked it in the 3-4 and even more in the 4-3. Anyone still defending the pick? I know I'll hear the give it time, give it a chance comments but really just a whiff of a pick in my books which I've said since we made the selection.
_________________

Me on the sig in MS Paint Razz


Last edited by SHSTE92 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
pierrepet


Joined: 06 Mar 2006
Posts: 5841
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will wait until the guy actually plays some meaningful snaps to make a decision. I have no clue if he is worth a damn or not at this point. Moreover, we could use a backup to wear at DE - he has not exactly been the healthiest player recently.
_________________
Gmenseattle: "Yes Eli is the reason our season is going down the tubes."

Ironm1ke: "I am a huge Eli supporter, but his 2012 campaign was an epic turd."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
CowboysTilIDie


Joined: 09 Jan 2012
Posts: 3273
Location: Amarillo, TX
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right. A 4th round pick going into his 2nd season is a complete waste. Cut him now and save us all the pain and suffering. Come on. With Ware's health issues lately and increasing age, I would say having a serviceable back-up to him would be mighty beneficial since Butler sure couldn't do the job. And who is to say he can't be versatile and compete with Albright for the Sam?
_________________

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 23325
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

I mentioned the prospect of Wilber (or Albright) playing DE and I was met with such anger and resistance.
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Northland


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 3781
Location: Ajax, Ontario
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Wilber we don't know what we have. Why not reserve our evaluation until we see what he can, or can't do?
_________________
Northland
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
canadaluvsdalla


Joined: 19 Jan 2011
Posts: 3301
Location: I state my opinion. You Listen. I won't change my stance.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you watch when he played DE in the 4-3 his first year before he switched to a 3-4 OLB?

He was giving RG3 Fits.


His best tape is when he played 4-3 DE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPSg2zODVcQ
_________________

Dirk Gently on 2012 Cowboys O-line wrote:
I think last year we gave up pressure to 3 jewish ladies from brooklyn.


Last edited by canadaluvsdalla on Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Football Mensa


Joined: 13 Dec 2012
Posts: 621
Location: Texas via Louisiana and I love being Cajun...
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
You're right. A 4th round pick going into his 2nd season is a complete waste. Cut him now and save us all the pain and suffering. Come on. With Ware's health issues lately and increasing age, I would say having a serviceable back-up to him would be mighty beneficial since Butler sure couldn't do the job. And who is to say he can't be versatile and compete with Albright for the Sam?


Trade him....
_________________
A circle. The direction the Cowboys continue to travel.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PincheJimmy


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 1212
Location: Flower Mound, TX
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
You're right. A 4th round pick going into his 2nd season is a complete waste. Cut him now and save us all the pain and suffering. Come on. With Ware's health issues lately and increasing age, I would say having a serviceable back-up to him would be mighty beneficial since Butler sure couldn't do the job. And who is to say he can't be versatile and compete with Albright for the Sam?


Trade him....


Great idea, lets see if we can get 2nd for him while we at it, smh
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Nextyearfordaboyz


Joined: 11 Jan 2005
Posts: 16925
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO 4th round draft picks should be used on guys who you have an eye on starting down the line. To place him behind Ware this early puts him somewhere on the Victor Butler-Brandon Williams purgatory scale.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CowboysTilIDie


Joined: 09 Jan 2012
Posts: 3273
Location: Amarillo, TX
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
IMO 4th round draft picks should be used on guys who you have an eye on starting down the line. To place him behind Ware this early puts him somewhere on the Victor Butler-Brandon Williams purgatory scale.


Except for 2 reasons:

1) Wilber is a better overall player than Williams and Butler in my opinion.

2) Ware is older now and is breaking down. Wilber will have more opportunity I think than Butler and Williams did as they were backing him up during his younger/healthier years (with the exception of Butler last year).
_________________

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JWingate


Moderator
Joined: 10 Aug 2008
Posts: 4593
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
IMO 4th round draft picks should be used on guys who you have an eye on starting down the line. To place him behind Ware this early puts him somewhere on the Victor Butler-Brandon Williams purgatory scale.


Except for 2 reasons:

1) Wilber is a better overall player than Williams and Butler in my opinion.

2) Ware is older now and is breaking down. Wilber will have more opportunity I think than Butler and Williams did as they were backing him up during his younger/healthier years (with the exception of Butler last year).

How is Ware breaking down? He had an injury last year yes, things like that happen but he is by no means breaking down. This is just laughable to me to consider DeMarcus Ware as older and broken down.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CowboysTilIDie


Joined: 09 Jan 2012
Posts: 3273
Location: Amarillo, TX
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
IMO 4th round draft picks should be used on guys who you have an eye on starting down the line. To place him behind Ware this early puts him somewhere on the Victor Butler-Brandon Williams purgatory scale.


Except for 2 reasons:

1) Wilber is a better overall player than Williams and Butler in my opinion.

2) Ware is older now and is breaking down. Wilber will have more opportunity I think than Butler and Williams did as they were backing him up during his younger/healthier years (with the exception of Butler last year).

How is Ware breaking down? He had an injury last year yes, things like that happen but he is by no means breaking down. This is just laughable to me to consider DeMarcus Ware as older and broken down.


His neck issues are not new. They date back a few years and those things tend not to go away quietly. And I didn't say he was old and broken down. I said he is older than he was an IS breaking down. As in, starting to break down. Dispute it if you'd like but he's been having neck problems for a while now and the older he gets, the harder it becomes to recover from injury.

Don't misread what I'm saying, I think Ware will still be a force for another 4 years or so. But, that's if he stays healthy.
_________________

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MightyMouse07


Joined: 04 Jul 2005
Posts: 27745
Location: Sloville
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadaluvsdalla wrote:
Did you watch when he played DE in the 4-3 his first year before he switched to a 3-4 OLB?

He was giving RG3 Fits.


His best tape is when he played 4-3 DE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPSg2zODVcQ


Even more important is the link next to it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98RatvXgojg
_________________
R.I.P. Nikolas and Brian you will truly be missed.

“Anytime I step out there I give everything I got, on every single play.” - Ray Lewis
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Football Mensa


Joined: 13 Dec 2012
Posts: 621
Location: Texas via Louisiana and I love being Cajun...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PincheJimmy wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
You're right. A 4th round pick going into his 2nd season is a complete waste. Cut him now and save us all the pain and suffering. Come on. With Ware's health issues lately and increasing age, I would say having a serviceable back-up to him would be mighty beneficial since Butler sure couldn't do the job. And who is to say he can't be versatile and compete with Albright for the Sam?


Trade him....


Great idea, lets see if we can get 2nd for him while we at it, smh


It would take more than a second round pick. I do agree however that it is a great idea.
_________________
A circle. The direction the Cowboys continue to travel.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xXCowboys21Xx


Joined: 30 Dec 2007
Posts: 315
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
IMO 4th round draft picks should be used on guys who you have an eye on starting down the line. To place him behind Ware this early puts him somewhere on the Victor Butler-Brandon Williams purgatory scale.


Except for 2 reasons:

1) Wilber is a better overall player than Williams and Butler in my opinion.

2) Ware is older now and is breaking down. Wilber will have more opportunity I think than Butler and Williams did as they were backing him up during his younger/healthier years (with the exception of Butler last year).

How is Ware breaking down? He had an injury last year yes, things like that happen but he is by no means breaking down. This is just laughable to me to consider DeMarcus Ware as older and broken down.


Agree. He had 11.5 sacks and 5 FF last year and started every single game since 2005, That is not breaking down to me
_________________
United States of Texas




^^BucsGetGaines on the dope sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group