Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Wilber and the state of the DE position in 2013
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SHSTE92

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Wilber and the state of the DE position in 2013 Reply with quote

Quote:
The Dallas Cowboys are looking into LB Kyle Wilber playing defensive end and backing up LB DeMarcus Ware.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz2KinePbGU

What a wasted pick, disliked it in the 3-4 and even more in the 4-3. Anyone still defending the pick? I know I'll hear the give it time, give it a chance comments but really just a whiff of a pick in my books which I've said since we made the selection.

Me on the sig in MS Paint Razz

Last edited by SHSTE92 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
pierrepet

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will wait until the guy actually plays some meaningful snaps to make a decision. I have no clue if he is worth a damn or not at this point. Moreover, we could use a backup to wear at DE - he has not exactly been the healthiest player recently.

Ironm1ke: "I am a huge Eli supporter, but his 2012 campaign was an epic turd."
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right. A 4th round pick going into his 2nd season is a complete waste. Cut him now and save us all the pain and suffering. Come on. With Ware's health issues lately and increasing age, I would say having a serviceable back-up to him would be mighty beneficial since Butler sure couldn't do the job. And who is to say he can't be versatile and compete with Albright for the Sam?

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

I mentioned the prospect of Wilber (or Albright) playing DE and I was met with such anger and resistance.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Northland

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Wilber we don't know what we have. Why not reserve our evaluation until we see what he can, or can't do?
canadaluvsdalla

Location: I state my opinion. You Listen. I won't change my stance.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you watch when he played DE in the 4-3 his first year before he switched to a 3-4 OLB?

He was giving RG3 Fits.

His best tape is when he played 4-3 DE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPSg2zODVcQ

Dirk Gently on 2012 Cowboys O-line wrote:
I think last year we gave up pressure to 3 jewish ladies from brooklyn.

Last edited by canadaluvsdalla on Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
You're right. A 4th round pick going into his 2nd season is a complete waste. Cut him now and save us all the pain and suffering. Come on. With Ware's health issues lately and increasing age, I would say having a serviceable back-up to him would be mighty beneficial since Butler sure couldn't do the job. And who is to say he can't be versatile and compete with Albright for the Sam?

Trade him....
PincheJimmy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:

Trade him....

Great idea, lets see if we can get 2nd for him while we at it, smh
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO 4th round draft picks should be used on guys who you have an eye on starting down the line. To place him behind Ware this early puts him somewhere on the Victor Butler-Brandon Williams purgatory scale.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
IMO 4th round draft picks should be used on guys who you have an eye on starting down the line. To place him behind Ware this early puts him somewhere on the Victor Butler-Brandon Williams purgatory scale.

Except for 2 reasons:

1) Wilber is a better overall player than Williams and Butler in my opinion.

2) Ware is older now and is breaking down. Wilber will have more opportunity I think than Butler and Williams did as they were backing him up during his younger/healthier years (with the exception of Butler last year).

JWingate

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:

Except for 2 reasons:

2) Ware is older now and is breaking down. Wilber will have more opportunity I think than Butler and Williams did as they were backing him up during his younger/healthier years (with the exception of Butler last year).

How is Ware breaking down? He had an injury last year yes, things like that happen but he is by no means breaking down. This is just laughable to me to consider DeMarcus Ware as older and broken down.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:

Except for 2 reasons:

How is Ware breaking down? He had an injury last year yes, things like that happen but he is by no means breaking down. This is just laughable to me to consider DeMarcus Ware as older and broken down.

His neck issues are not new. They date back a few years and those things tend not to go away quietly. And I didn't say he was old and broken down. I said he is older than he was an IS breaking down. As in, starting to break down. Dispute it if you'd like but he's been having neck problems for a while now and the older he gets, the harder it becomes to recover from injury.

Don't misread what I'm saying, I think Ware will still be a force for another 4 years or so. But, that's if he stays healthy.

MightyMouse07

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadaluvsdalla wrote:
Did you watch when he played DE in the 4-3 his first year before he switched to a 3-4 OLB?

He was giving RG3 Fits.

His best tape is when he played 4-3 DE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPSg2zODVcQ

Even more important is the link next to it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98RatvXgojg

“Anytime I step out there I give everything I got, on every single play.” - Ray Lewis
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PincheJimmy wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:

Trade him....

Great idea, lets see if we can get 2nd for him while we at it, smh

It would take more than a second round pick. I do agree however that it is a great idea.
xXCowboys21Xx

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:

Except for 2 reasons:

Agree. He had 11.5 sacks and 5 FF last year and started every single game since 2005, That is not breaking down to me

^^BucsGetGaines on the dope sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: