Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A good watch: Les Snead on NFL.com interview
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wr80

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: A good watch: Les Snead on NFL.com interview Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/videos/st-louis-rams/0ap2000000138505/Les-Snead-discusses-futures-of-Bradford-Jackson

Really good watch, love our GM. He has good charisma and is pretty funny. All and all a great watch.
tim199009

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he made a mistake and said atlanta and not st louis. Fire him, he obviously doesnt have our best interest in mind

(joking)
tim199009

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on a serious note les keyed in on the fact that we have to compete in the division by stopping the pistol formation. so that means we're drafting an outside linebacker pretty high this year, guys you better go redo your mocks
chris00cm

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one day I dont watch NFL AM they talk about the Rams...

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
chris00cm

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tim199009 wrote:
on a serious note les keyed in on the fact that we have to compete in the division by stopping the pistol formation. so that means we're drafting an outside linebacker pretty high this year, guys you better go redo your mocks
Why? I think a safety is all we need.

tim199009

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
tim199009 wrote:

the best way to stop the pistol, or any option offense is to always hit the quarterback. More effectively it would be with an athletic OLB. Instead of taking a much needed safety out of potential coverage
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great listening to Les always like his insights. I'd mentioned I think in the general draft thread a while back that drafting a couple speedy OLB might be the best way to combat Kap and Wilson in division. Plus we play Cam and RG3 I believe this year. Lots of running qb's.

His comments on what you do with a player like Honey Badger are interesting as well. Doesn't sound like he holds things like what the kid did against him he just tries to evaluate where the kid is after they happened and how he handles the situation.
chris00cm

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tim199009 wrote:
chris00cm wrote:
tim199009 wrote:

the best way to stop the pistol, or any option offense is to always hit the quarterback. More effectively it would be with an athletic OLB. Instead of taking a much needed safety out of potential coverage

I disagree. The front four can get enough pressure. You just have to have fast guys that can stop the run and pass. Quintin Mikell can stay in the box and technically be that 3rd OLB (assuming nickel is the base package). Just need a FS that can cover a ton of ground.

The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
tim199009 wrote:
chris00cm wrote:
tim199009 wrote:

I disagree. The front four can get enough pressure. You just have to have fast guys that can stop the run and pass. Quintin Mikell can stay in the box and technically be that 3rd OLB (assuming nickel is the base package). Just need a FS that can cover a ton of ground.

A simple game plan can stop the pistol offense. We've already proved that I think.

But Chris is right about the front four being responsible in the end.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He reminds me of this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSHP8RdahYc

.....He makes his own luck.

tim199009

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
chris00cm wrote:
tim199009 wrote:
chris00cm wrote:
tim199009 wrote:

A simple game plan can stop the pistol offense. We've already proved that I think.

unfortunately it is not that easy, especially since we are dealing with athletic quarterbacks like KC, and wilson. Our aggressive gameplan may have worked on them the first time around because when we played them they were fresh in the game. It will not be as easy next time around. Trust me the OLB is critical in stopping the pistol.Someone must ALWAYS account for the QB (go look at how the ravens stopped the pistol), our current linebackers cannot keep up with the likes of kc and wilson, and we cannot always afford to sacrifice a db needed in coverage especially when our division opponents flexing multiple receiver threats including the tight ends. Mark my words we will draft an OLB in the first three rounds this year, and or supplement in free agency.
chris00cm

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tim199009 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
chris00cm wrote:
tim199009 wrote:
chris00cm wrote:
tim199009 wrote:

unfortunately it is not that easy, especially since we are dealing with athletic quarterbacks like KC, and wilson. Our aggressive gameplan may have worked on them the first time around because when we played them they were fresh in the game. It will not be as easy next time around. Trust me the OLB is critical in stopping the pistol.Someone must ALWAYS account for the QB (go look at how the ravens stopped the pistol), our current linebackers cannot keep up with the likes of kc and wilson, and we cannot always afford to sacrifice a db needed in coverage especially when our division opponents flexing multiple receiver threats including the tight ends. Mark my words we will draft an OLB in the first three rounds this year, and or supplement in free agency.
Well sure, there are plenty of guys in free agency that could turn out to be an impact OLB like Jo-Lonn Dunbar. No doubt in my mind they'll sign a couple of them. I just don't think you draft one early.

Flatlyner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would really depend on who's on the board. Jones, heck yeah. I'd be happy with Jones or Ogletree in the first. One of the reasons I have him in mock (that I've yet to publish =) is his athleticism and our need for that in our division.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If discipline and assignment football is what you are looking for in an OLB then Jones inst the one you should be looking at.
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tim199009 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
chris00cm wrote:
tim199009 wrote:
chris00cm wrote:
tim199009 wrote:

You know we played them both twice right? And we were effective at limiting their influence both times.

You're probably right that we will add a LB this year, but reaching for one in the early rounds of the draft would be a mistake. In all likelihood, SEA/SF/WASH will rely less on the pistol this year than they did last year. Leaning that heavily on the pistol was a necessity for them, not a luxury move. Their QBs were incapable of running an NFL offense effectively.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: