Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

'clean slate' approach with Vick has implications for Nnamdi
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One play I distinctly remember is week 1 when Nnamdi chased down a WR (Cribbs, iIrc) in the CLE game like 50+ yards down field to save a TD (they broke a long play). We ended up holding them to a FG, even though they made it down to the 5 yard line. That play helped secure the win when the scoreboard timer read triple zeros.

I didn't see DRC ever do anything like that over his two years here, even though he's way faster than Nnamdi. Nnamdi showed a lot of heart on that play.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
Meco wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
I couldn't tell you what game, but I know it happened…

I reached a certain point of apathy last year where I didn't really even care about watching the games later in the season. If I watched them I wasn't watching closely and evaluating players.

Oh. Okay. So you call my opinion (backed by facts/statistics) laughable only to reveal that you didn't even watch the games. Thanks for playing.

I said I watched the games (I probably missed parts of 1 maybe 2) I just didn't care about the product on the field and didn't really pay close attention to who was doing what. I acknowledged that Nmandi played like crap in the 2nd half of the season.

Your opinion is still laughable. You actually think Marsh or Boykins can start instead of Nmandi. Never mind the fact Marsh got toasted in the Lions game by their 2nd or 3rd WR when he got some PT. Also, the fact Boykins is like 5'6 and would get abused by a team's #1 WR. I bet if Dimitri Patterson was on the roster you'd fully support starting him over Nmandi too, right?

Nnamdi played like garbage after the bye week. So that was 10 games of crap play out of 16.

So most of the season he sucked balls hard.

Blick you should be better than this.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
Meco

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for the record I'd like to point out that Brandon Hughes and Curtis Marsh are two different players. I've ran into this confusion a few times. Brandon Hughes got burned against the Lions. Brandon Hughes, #27.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
Just for the record I'd like to point out that Brandon Hughes and Curtis Marsh are two different players. I've ran into this confusion a few times. Brandon Hughes got burned against the Lions. Brandon Hughes, #27.

Sorry, you're correct about that. I too somehow always get them mixed up. Laughing

Another Ginger QB in the AFC North.

Looking forward to the "No Soul Bowl" twice a year
BLick12

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
Meco wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
I couldn't tell you what game, but I know it happened…

I reached a certain point of apathy last year where I didn't really even care about watching the games later in the season. If I watched them I wasn't watching closely and evaluating players.

Oh. Okay. So you call my opinion (backed by facts/statistics) laughable only to reveal that you didn't even watch the games. Thanks for playing.

I said I watched the games (I probably missed parts of 1 maybe 2) I just didn't care about the product on the field and didn't really pay close attention to who was doing what. I acknowledged that Nmandi played like crap in the 2nd half of the season.

Your opinion is still laughable. You actually think Marsh or Boykins can start instead of Nmandi. Never mind the fact Marsh got toasted in the Lions game by their 2nd or 3rd WR when he got some PT. Also, the fact Boykins is like 5'6 and would get abused by a team's #1 WR. I bet if Dimitri Patterson was on the roster you'd fully support starting him over Nmandi too, right?

Nnamdi played like garbage after the bye week. So that was 10 games of crap play out of 16.

So most of the season he sucked balls hard.

Blick you should be better than this.

Sorry, I just have a problem pointing the finger and blaming one guy when the entire defense as a whole sucked balls hard.

I've made my opinion on Nmandi clear. I don't want him back at his current price, if he takes a paycut I'll gladly have him back because we have nobody else.

Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blick you stopped caring about the product on the field too early. Most of us are now just getting into that mentality for the year, ready to be the worst team in the league, and now you seem to be caring about who is out there or not Wink

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
BLick12

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Blick you stopped caring about the product on the field too early. Most of us are now just getting into that mentality for the year, ready to be the worst team in the league, and now you seem to be caring about who is out there or not Wink

It is a new year and a clean slate my friend.

I think the apathy was more directed toward Andy Reid and the constant stubbornness I saw each week. I got to the point where I got annoyed even looking at his fat face on the sideline. Bringing in a new coach with a new style has revitalized my excitement for the year. I've already said I don't really think his system will work but with Mike Vick we have one of the maybe 5 QBs in the NFL that could run it true to form. This idea along with the success of the Pistol with other organization excites me.

RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
One play I distinctly remember is week 1 when Nnamdi chased down a WR (Cribbs, iIrc) in the CLE game like 50+ yards down field to save a TD (they broke a long play). We ended up holding them to a FG, even though they made it down to the 5 yard line. That play helped secure the win when the scoreboard timer read triple zeros.

I didn't see DRC ever do anything like that over his two years here, even though he's way faster than Nnamdi. Nnamdi showed a lot of heart on that play.

DRC chased down a few in 2011 and a couple in 2012 as well.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:

I think the apathy was more directed toward Andy Reid and the constant stubbornness I saw each week. I got to the point where I got annoyed even looking at his fat face on the sideline. Bringing in a new coach with a new style has revitalized my excitement for the year. I've already said I don't really think his system will work but with Mike Vick we have one of the maybe 5 QBs in the NFL that could run it true to form. This idea along with the success of the Pistol with other organization excites me.

Its pretty clear that you are living in the past. When was the last time Vick or Nnamdi were "good" starting caliber players? Cause in 2011 and 2012 both of them were absolutely AWFUL. I don't see what you could ever see in Mike Vick to be excited about. Putting a QB in a system doesn't make him competent. Just because Chip Kelly is in town, you seem to think Mike Vick will all of a sudden stop being a turnover and injury prone aging man that makes awful decisions. He is regressing more every year and not even Chip Kelly's offense can fix that.

If I really have to explain to you why Nnamdi is NOT a starting caliber CB in the NFL, thats kind of sad.

Stop living in the past. Even a new year with a "clean slate", these* old players aren't getting any younger, or better for that matter.
BLick12

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
BLick12 wrote:

Its pretty clear that you are living in the past. When was the last time Vick or Nnamdi were "good" starting caliber players? Cause in 2011 and 2012 both of them were absolutely AWFUL. I don't see what you could ever see in Mike Vick to be excited about. Putting a QB in a system doesn't make him competent. Just because Chip Kelly is in town, you seem to think Mike Vick will all of a sudden stop being a turnover and injury prone aging man that makes awful decisions. He is regressing more every year and not even Chip Kelly's offense can fix that.

If I really have to explain to you why Nnamdi is NOT a starting caliber CB in the NFL, thats kind of sad.

Stop living in the past. Even a new year with a "clean slate", these* old players aren't getting any younger, or better for that matter.

It is kind of sad you look at Nmandi's 2011 stats and deem that not starting worthy. That shows how much you know.

Putting a QB in a system that fits his talent can indeed make him competent. Every QB is a system QB. Would Tom Brady be good in a zone-read offense? No. Would Colin Kaepernick succeed in a spread offense? I doubt it, he has the touch of a rapist on his throws. RG3, you think he would be nearly as good in a standard offense? I doubt that very much. All these QBs are in systems that cater to their strengths. Mike Vick played in a system where he wasn't encouraged to utilize his legs but was supposed to read a defense and make precise throws. That is not his game at all and yet he still proved to be moderately competent.

AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:

Putting a QB in a system that fits his talent can indeed make him competent. Every QB is a system QB. Would Tom Brady be good in a zone-read offense? No. Would Colin Kaepernick succeed in a spread offense? I doubt it, he has the touch of a rapist on his throws. RG3, you think he would be nearly as good in a standard offense? I doubt that very much. All these QBs are in systems that cater to their strengths. Mike Vick played in a system where he wasn't encouraged to utilize his legs but was supposed to read a defense and make precise throws. That is not his game at all and yet he still proved to be moderately competent.

Hmmm lets look at the QBs you listed.... Brady, RG3, Kapernick... What is the difference between Vick and them? They all are good QBs, Vick isn't. Yes, Kaepernick is a read option QB, but he has ALWAYS been good at that. He has done it since college. RG3 and Brady will thrive regardless, so it doesn't matter. You can only Taylor an offense to a QB that has talent, not an old man that is losing his edge.
BLick12

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
BLick12 wrote:

Hmmm lets look at the QBs you listed.... Brady, RG3, Kapernick... What is the difference between Vick and them? They all are good QBs, Vick isn't. Yes, Kaepernick is a read option QB, but he has ALWAYS been good at that. He has done it since college. RG3 and Brady will thrive regardless, so it doesn't matter. You can only Taylor an offense to a QB that has talent, not an old man that is losing his edge.

What do you think Vick ran in college and with the Falcons? It wasn't until Andy Reid got his grimy paws on him that he tried to force him to become a pocket passer.

RG3 has proven nothing as a passer. All he had to do this year was decipher 2 to 3 man routes. Mike Vick could most certainly do that.

How about a QB like Kurt Warner? Awesome in the spread offense. Couldn't play a lick with the Giants in their traditional pro-set. Being in the right system is huge for every QB.

Withmy89vision

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
BLick12 wrote:

Agree for the most part, but still see glimmer of hope for an adequate Nmandi though I doubt he is ever top tier again. Definitely needs to take a paycut. There is no hope for Vick imo.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
BLick12 wrote:

What do you think Vick ran in college and with the Falcons? It wasn't until Andy Reid got his grimy paws on him that he tried to force him to become a pocket passer.

RG3 has proven nothing as a passer. All he had to do this year was decipher 2 to 3 man routes. Mike Vick could most certainly do that.

How about a QB like Kurt Warner? Awesome in the spread offense. Couldn't play a lick with the Giants in their traditional pro-set. Being in the right system is huge for every QB.

Vick's always been trash as a passer, even with the Falcons. RG3 with 2 or 3 routes has proven to be twice the passer Vick has ever been...He has a feel for the pocket that is light years better than Vick's, turns the ball over an incredible amount less, and is all around better.

Vick had 2-3 routes to decipher in Atlanta and was poop so at it if his first read wasn't there he took off which was exciting, but its not good QB play.
TheKingDP

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:

Andy Reid's "grimy paws" pulled Vick out of Leavenworth and turned him into the #2 finisher in MVP voting in 2010. Vick then proceeded to struggle through two turnover-plagued seasons in which he led the league in turnovers...despite missing significant time each season. Andy Reid is the best thing that ever happened to Vick. Don't be delusional.

BLick12 wrote:

RG3 is RG300x better than Mike Vick. Even with one working leg. He still has a working brain (at least for the mean-time). RG3 can actually read a defense, and execute the proper throws. He reads & beats blitzes like a 10 year veteran. His problem is his inability to remember that linebackers & safeties hit like Mack trucks in the NFL. Much like Vick's inability to hold onto the ball. Or audible. Or handle a shotgun snap. Must I continue?

BLick12 wrote:

Kurt Warner's single season in New York isn't as bad as you remember. He went 5-4 as a starter with a broken thumb (on the world's smallest hands that are just GREAT in a windy, cold weathered East Rutherford, NJ). As for this "miraculous change in system" that Arizona provided, he went 8-18 in his first 26 starts in three seasons as starter in Arizona. He didn't really start to prosper until he played in the "Anquan Boldin & Larry Fitzgerald offense" in 2008. Or were you referring to the "Greatest Show on Turf" offenses of the Late 90's, Early 2000's that had hall of fame caliber players such as Orlando Pace, Marshall Faulk, Issac Bruce, and Torry Holt? How does this correlate to Mike Vick at all?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: