Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

'clean slate' approach with Vick has implications for Nnamdi
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: 'clean slate' approach with Vick has implications for Nnamdi Reply with quote

Does anyone feel with the recent Vick restructuring (and not cutting), the chances Nnamdi sticks around the City of Brotherly Love skyrocketed?

Now the talks of Nnamdi being cut haven't been as loud as the Vick speculation, but now that Vick overcame the February deadline and now has a restructured deal, it seems as if the new regime is going to see what Vick has with their own eyes.

Chip Kelly stated yesterday in his press conference that he and his staff are here without any 'preconceived notions'.

I think they'll give Nnamdi a similar approach.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
PHillysPHinest2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: 'clean slate' approach with Vick has implications for Nn Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Does anyone feel with the recent Vick restructuring (and not cutting), the chances Nnamdi sticks around the City of Brotherly Love skyrocketed?

Now the talks of Nnamdi being cut haven't been as loud as the Vick speculation, but now that Vick overcame the February deadline and now has a restructured deal, it seems as if the new regime is going to see what Vick has with their own eyes.

Chip Kelly stated yesterday in his press conference that he and his staff are here without any 'preconceived notions'.

I think they'll give Nnamdi a similar approach.

I certainly hope so. Nnamdi at a lower rate would be perfect. Whether he accepts this or not remains to be seen, but I think that last season was a total crapshoot and got out of hand. He still has skills and can be valuable not only as a corner (the hardest position in sports) but as a mentor to the younger guys. Just my 2 cents tho.

Kiltman is the Ill(est) man
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope not.

Vick is at least a leader and take the blame. Nnamdi just point fingers at everybody else.

Get the scrub(s) out.

"You will never walk again... but you will fly"
“You forget. My father had four sons.”
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
birdman0069

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it totally depends on the number.
Pro athletes equate respect with money. If the Eagles offer him substantially less then what he thinks he is worth, I don't see him here.
Same can be said for DRC.

Props to Eagles _808 on the sig.
PE, the new poster child for birth control.

Birdman, slowest to 10K
Jroc04

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were promised Super Man and got Clark Kent. Buy Clark Kent is still valuable, just not at a Super Man paycheck.

I'm good with him staying and restructuring. At least a year or two so we can get some new blood in here. You hear conflicting reports about his lockerroom persona but any young kid watching him play man should pick up a lot. Whether Aso wants to be the mentor is a different story buy not too many have done better as a man corner. He has a lot of value left. He needs to restructure and help himself to a paycut.

Kilt sig - 808 avy
808 wrote:
Jroc offers a voice of reason, and that's why I care about him so much.
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what it's worth, according to Eaglescap Nnamdi has the highest base salary of the entire team. To put his numbers in perspective, you would have to multiply Lesean McCoy's base salary (3 million) by FIVE to reach Nnamdi (15 million).

Nnamdi's base salary is more than twice as much as any other Eagle outside of Jason Peters, whose base is still 5 million less than Nnamdi.

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:

Jroc04

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
I hope not.

Vick is at least a leader and take the blame. Nnamdi just point fingers at everybody else.

Get the scrub(s) out.

While true, after a while you hang around with scrubs, people start to perceive you as one. He was right but should have went about it differently. Our safety play was about as bad as I've ever seen. I would think a CB plays completely different when either his safeties are terrible, and maybe even worse, when he knows he can't trust them on even the most simple routes.

Kilt sig - 808 avy
808 wrote:
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our Oline was terrible, did Vick put his finger at Bell or talk in the PC how sucky the OL was afterward?

Get Nnamdi the F out.

"You will never walk again... but you will fly"
“You forget. My father had four sons.”
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Jroc04

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
For what it's worth, according to Eaglescap Nnamdi has the highest base salary of the entire team. To put his numbers in perspective, you would have to multiply Lesean McCoy's base salary (3 million) by FIVE to reach Nnamdi (15 million).

Nnamdi's base salary is more than twice as much as any other Eagle outside of Jason Peters, whose base is still 5 million less than Nnamdi.

Yea, it's a paycut or cut. It's way too much. You better be a preseason all-pro with that figure. Aso has way too many questions going into the year to be guaranteed that kind of scratch.

Kilt sig - 808 avy
808 wrote:
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnamdi is old, slow and a locker room cancer.

He needs to be gone.

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Was the dog eating the child?
BLick12

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather keep Nmandi than DRC. I assume we're gonna have to keep one of them at least.

Another Ginger QB in the AFC North.

Looking forward to the "No Soul Bowl" twice a year
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be honest that I was one of the biggest Nnamdi homers in this forum from the minute we signed him. Even when he was playing below expectations, I would blindly defend him.

With saying that, the only way I'd allow him to stay on for 2013 is on a reduced rate. I'm willing to give him another chance, and when you couple that into the idea that we hope to get "real" safeties helping him over the top, there's a chance the idea could make sense.

At the same time though, I did not like how he seemed to blame others for his mistakes. Nnamdi needs to take accountability for his failures in order for him to sit in good standing with the front office, coaches and fans.
Phire

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
I'd rather keep Nmandi than DRC. I assume we're gonna have to keep one of them at least.

Would be easier to keep the guy under contract, DRC would have to agree to come back here, but I really really doubt he would rather come back to Philly than test free agency for the first time and probably score a nice contract.

And there's no way in hell we'd tag DRC.

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:

Jroc04

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Our Oline was terrible, did Vick put his finger at Bell or talk in the PC how sucky the OL was afterward?

Get Nnamdi the F out.

Not every player is built the same way. I never heard anything about Nnamdi being a cancer while with the Raiders. Being in that secondary had to be very challenging. I'm sure frustration contributed plenty to attitudes and actions.

I'm willing to see another year of him, as long as the safeties are upgraded.

Kilt sig - 808 avy
808 wrote:
Bleedin_Green36

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather resign DRC and cut Nnamdi.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: