Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Free-Agency Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 72, 73, 74  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PoWww

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like I'm one of the few people who have liked what the Ravens have done this off season.

Kruger wasn't worth the money he was paid. Neither was Ellerbe. They got a perfect replacement for Kruger in Doom and I feel like they got great value in Huff.

Pats need to sign a pass rusher. Either Freeney or Abraham, it needs to be done. I won't be satisfied with this off-season until it happens.

^Deadpulse
TomRalph wrote:
Looking forward to a Top 10 pick this year.
patsfan25

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PoWww wrote:
I feel like I'm one of the few people who have liked what the Ravens have done this off season.

Kruger wasn't worth the money he was paid. Neither was Ellerbe. They got a perfect replacement for Kruger in Doom and I feel like they got great value in Huff.

Pats need to sign a pass rusher. Either Freeney or Abraham, it needs to be done. I won't be satisfied with this off-season until it happens.

I actually agree. They just won the SB. They've been throwing all their chips in with Lewis/Reed since 2000, and they got it just in time. They were in need of a turnover and are doing it the right way. The only bad loss they had was Ellerbe. Dumerville and Huff will be very good in that defense.

Logan Ryan
Tackles:13 Forced Fumbles:1
PDs:3 INTs:1 Pick 6s:

Deadpulse Ink.
PoWww

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patsfan25 wrote:
PoWww wrote:

I actually agree. They just won the SB. They've been throwing all their chips in with Lewis/Reed since 2000, and they got it just in time. They were in need of a turnover and are doing it the right way. The only bad loss they had was Ellerbe. Dumerville and Huff will be very good in that defense.

Ellerbe was someone who impressed me towards the second half of their season, but I don't believe he was worth that type of money. I think they'll draft someone to replace him.

Forgot to mention that the got Canty, Spears and Doom for the price of Kruger. I'm not sold on Upshaw as a replacement for Kruger though. Don't see how you can be high on him as a pass rusher.

^Deadpulse
TomRalph wrote:
Looking forward to a Top 10 pick this year.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PoWww wrote:

They've made smart decisions with most of their players (the Dumervil contract seems expensive in overall value and in years, but the 2013 cap hit is affordable). Letter Kruger, Williams and Ellerbe walk and trading Boldin are all pretty common sense moves given their production vs. value.

Huff and Dumervil are probably upgrades over the combo of another-year-older Reed and Kruger - however, they still have new (currently unfilled) holes at ILB (two of them), CB, OL and WR. It's likely they'll fill some of those holes internally but I don't see too many high quality and obvious options.

They've definitely gotten worse, despite making IMO pretty solid decisions on every player. They do tend to draft and develop pretty well but for a team which many of us (myself included) thought over-performed their true talent level down the stretch, it's a lot of ground to make up if they want to repeat as AFC champions.

Luckily for Baltimore, the rest of their division hasn't done much to get better. Cleveland will remain a disaster without a QB, Pittsburgh is pretty much where Baltimore is and the Bengals - despite having tons and tons of cap space - hasn't addressed their big flaws at all.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falcons deal with Umenyiora:

Quote:
The two-year deal the Falcons gave former Giants DE Osi Umenyiora is worth $8.5 million, max value of $12 mil, and includes $5 million gtd.

http://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/317076448118722561
Tom Brady Tribute
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Falcons deal with Umenyiora:

Quote:
The two-year deal the Falcons gave former Giants DE Osi Umenyiora is worth $8.5 million, max value of $12 mil, and includes $5 million gtd.

http://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/317076448118722561

Sounds about right. I'd expect Abraham to get a similar deal
Richter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be fine with that contract if it got Abraham or Freeney signed.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
I'd be fine with that contract if it got Abraham or Freeney signed.

Same, that's why i posted the details of his contract... i would've been fine with just signing Osi to that deal.
Tom Brady Tribute
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolphins signed Vaughn Martin... guess they don't want to stop.

On a side note, for what it's worth:
Quote:
New #Dolphins DT Vaughn Martin ranked 33rd of 34 3-4 DEs in 2012 per @PFF. They graded him poorly in run D & pass rush. Also penalty prone.

http://twitter.com/evansilva/statuses/317300926241189888
Tom Brady Tribute
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Vaughn Martin says he talked to NE, KC, Detroit, New Orleans. He signed a two-year deal.

http://twitter.com/ArmandoSalguero/statuses/317333380616314881
Tom Brady Tribute
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:
Vaughn Martin says he talked to NE, KC, Detroit, New Orleans. He signed a two-year deal.

http://twitter.com/ArmandoSalguero/statuses/317333380616314881

glad we didn't sign him honestly

Sigs-Taking Requests
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Flynn to the Raiders... probably for a late pick, hurts the Pats possible trade of Mallett [although it was likely anyway], since Palmer might end up with Cardinals or Browns.
Tom Brady Tribute
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Matt Flynn to the Raiders... probably for a late pick, hurts the Pats possible trade of Mallett [although it was likely anyway], since Palmer might end up with Cardinals or Browns.

Meh. No way in hell we recoup the 3rd round pick we spent on him at this point....

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:

Meh. No way in hell we recoup the 3rd round pick we spent on him at this point....

Even if the Pats were offered a 3rd, the Pats wouldn't take it... they would just keep Mallet, they are reportedly looking for a 2nd or first only.
Tom Brady Tribute
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now the Cardinals are trading for Carson Palmer...
Tom Brady Tribute

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 72, 73, 74  Next
Page 62 of 74

Jump to: