Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sleepy Davis FA
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Legend_Kenny


Joined: 06 Jan 2010
Posts: 482
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Sleepy Davis FA Reply with quote

Not sure is this was done in the forum but if not I am starting this asap should we resign him and I say YESSSS we should the dude is a matchup nightmare. He was having a decent year and I think if we had him this year this offense would have really been seriously dangerous. Should we sign him to a multi year deal or should we tag him again which would cost us around 6.5 million to do so. Here is the article from the Washington post which I found to be a great read on my lunch hour of course lol

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2013/02/12/offseason-questions-what-kind-of-a-deal-should-the-redskins-offer-fred-davis/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 60812
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Sleepy Davis FA Reply with quote

Legend_Kenny wrote:
Not sure is this was done in the forum but if not I am starting this asap should we resign him and I say YESSSS we should the dude is a matchup nightmare. He was having a decent year and I think if we had him this year this offense would have really been seriously dangerous. Should we sign him to a multi year deal or should we tag him again which would cost us around 6.5 million to do so. Here is the article from the Washington post which I found to be a great read on my lunch hour of course lol

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2013/02/12/offseason-questions-what-kind-of-a-deal-should-the-redskins-offer-fred-davis/
It's been talked about in the 2013 Free Agency Thread. Most people want him back and think we can do so at an affordable price, but we are worried about the salary cap.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
—Days until: NFL Draft 30; Training camp 96
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RSkinGM


Joined: 06 Mar 2007
Posts: 3466
Location: Richmond, Va
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's say we let Fred walk ( my suggestion unless we can resign him on the cheap , say 3 years 10 million ) If we sign no free agents or only back ups ,,will we be awarded maybe a 4 th round draft choice --or maybe as high as a 3.. ??
Also,, I'm assuming resigning your own F A's doesn't count when it comes to the league awarded compensation. Does anyone know for sure if that is correct ..?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Woz


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 19217
Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Let's say we let Fred walk ( my suggestion unless we can resign him on the cheap , say 3 years 10 million ) If we sign no free agents or only back ups ,,will we be awarded maybe a 4 th round draft choice --or maybe as high as a 3.. ??
Also,, I'm assuming resigning your own F A's doesn't count when it comes to the league awarded compensation. Does anyone know for sure if that is correct ..?


Pretty sure if you re-sign your own it doesn't count.

However, remember, it wouldn't be a draft pick until 2014.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 60812
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Word is from a reputable source on that official board that the Skins & Fred Davis are NOT working a long term deal. One year maybe but definitely not long term.

That makes sense to me because he hasn't finished either of the last two seasons. They can't just give him a long term deal w/o knowing they can depend on him.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
—Days until: NFL Draft 30; Training camp 96
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PARROTHEAD


Joined: 08 Mar 2009
Posts: 4379
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wash Post, Yardbarker, and CSN Wash are all reporting he could be offered a multi year deal if he isnt franchised. Regardless of injury.
A buyout safety net to likely be worked in incase he cant stay healthy or cant recover from this injury and be the player he was.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 60812
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:
Wash Post, Yardbarker, and CSN Wash are all reporting he could be offered a multi year deal if he isn't franchised. Regardless of injury.

A buyout safety net to likely be worked in incase he cant stay healthy or cant recover from this injury and be the player he was.
that would work also. If he's offered a multi year deal, There has to be something in there to void the contract if Davis is injured again or gets in trouble.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
—Days until: NFL Draft 30; Training camp 96
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 60812
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.csnwashington.com/football-washington-redskins/talk/allen-talks-fletcher-davis-field-fedex-and-more

Tarik El-Bashir got to ask Bruce Allen some questions yesterday at the ground breaking for the redskins new training camp facility in Richmond, Va.

A few answers that stood out to me were the ones about Fred Davis.

Quote:
*Asked about Fred Davis’ recovery from a torn Achilles’ tendon, Allen said everything is on target. Allen did not, however, address Davis’ pending free agency or whether the team intends to franchise him for a second straight offseason.

“He’s progressing well,” Allen said of the tight end. “It’s a very serious injury. We won’t know a lot until later in the spring, where he’s at. But he’s working very hard and we expect he’ll have a full recovery.”

_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
—Days until: NFL Draft 30; Training camp 96
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RSkinGM


Joined: 06 Mar 2007
Posts: 3466
Location: Richmond, Va
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
http://www.csnwashington.com/football-washington-redskins/talk/allen-talks-fletcher-davis-field-fedex-and-more

Tarik El-Bashir got to ask Bruce Allen some questions yesterday at the ground breaking for the redskins new training camp facility in Richmond, Va.

A few answers that stood out to me were the ones about Fred Davis.

Quote:
*Asked about Fred Davis’ recovery from a torn Achilles’ tendon, Allen said everything is on target. Allen did not, however, address Davis’ pending free agency or whether the team intends to franchise him for a second straight offseason.

“He’s progressing well,” Allen said of the tight end. “It’s a very serious injury. We won’t know a lot until later in the spring, where he’s at. But he’s working very hard and we expect he’ll have a full recovery.”


So, F A starts 3-12-13 and we won't know his physical condition until say April 1st or later .. So why would we , or anyone make him an offer ..before we know his condition.. ??
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 60812
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
http://www.csnwashington.com/football-washington-redskins/talk/allen-talks-fletcher-davis-field-fedex-and-more

Tarik El-Bashir got to ask Bruce Allen some questions yesterday at the ground breaking for the redskins new training camp facility in Richmond, Va.

A few answers that stood out to me were the ones about Fred Davis.

Quote:
*Asked about Fred Davis’ recovery from a torn Achilles’ tendon, Allen said everything is on target. Allen did not, however, address Davis’ pending free agency or whether the team intends to franchise him for a second straight offseason.

“He’s progressing well,” Allen said of the tight end. “It’s a very serious injury. We won’t know a lot until later in the spring, where he’s at. But he’s working very hard and we expect he’ll have a full recovery.”


So, F A starts 3-12-13 and we won't know his physical condition until say April 1st or later .. So why would we , or anyone make him an offer ..before we know his condition.. ??
Hopes and prayers I guess. What we need to do is sign him to a deal that has an injury clause in it. In this day and age with modern medicine you have to believe that he will come back healthy this year and may not be himself right away, but definitely by 2014 he should be back to being the healthy and explosive Fred Davis.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
—Days until: NFL Draft 30; Training camp 96
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 19217
Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
http://www.csnwashington.com/football-washington-redskins/talk/allen-talks-fletcher-davis-field-fedex-and-more

Tarik El-Bashir got to ask Bruce Allen some questions yesterday at the ground breaking for the redskins new training camp facility in Richmond, Va.

A few answers that stood out to me were the ones about Fred Davis.

Quote:
*Asked about Fred Davis’ recovery from a torn Achilles’ tendon, Allen said everything is on target. Allen did not, however, address Davis’ pending free agency or whether the team intends to franchise him for a second straight offseason.

“He’s progressing well,” Allen said of the tight end. “It’s a very serious injury. We won’t know a lot until later in the spring, where he’s at. But he’s working very hard and we expect he’ll have a full recovery.”


So, F A starts 3-12-13 and we won't know his physical condition until say April 1st or later .. So why would we , or anyone make him an offer ..before we know his condition.. ??


1. I suspect the training staff knows exactly what Davis' condition is. The Redskins is the only franchise whose doctors can talk to Davis. The doctors' evaluations will play heavily in the final offer and decision.

2. By saying something like that, they can maybe depress the market for Davis and thus sign him for cheaper than what he would get under other scenarios.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 60812
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2013/02/18/franchise-tag-period-begins-today/

Quote:
The Redskins, who are salary-cap strapped, could be inclined to work out a deal to retain Davis without using the franchise tag. General Manager Bruce Allen indicated to reporters last week that a decision on Davis wouldn’t be made until the team can get a better feel for his recovery “until later in the spring.” The free agency signing period begins at 4 p.m., March 12, so Allen’s statement would suggest that Washington would pass on using the franchise tag on Davis. But the general manager didn’t rule it out, either.

The Redskins are expected to restructure a number of players, and possibly cut others to create spending money so they can re-sign players and sign others. The deadline to do so is March 12.
So, from these comments it is a wait and see on Davis. I think if his recovery is gong well, we will sign him to a long term deal. If he's having set backs, then we will probably move on or sign him to a one year deal.

Well I'm sure cutting Moss will probably happen, and they will either restructure or cut Hall. They could restructure Garcon, Morgan, Wilson, Carriker, Bowen, Cofield, Chester and T Williams.

It will be interesting to see what they do to lower some of these guys' cap numbers for this year.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
—Days until: NFL Draft 30; Training camp 96
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mike23md


Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 7562
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2013/02/18/franchise-tag-period-begins-today/

Quote:
The Redskins, who are salary-cap strapped, could be inclined to work out a deal to retain Davis without using the franchise tag. General Manager Bruce Allen indicated to reporters last week that a decision on Davis wouldn’t be made until the team can get a better feel for his recovery “until later in the spring.” The free agency signing period begins at 4 p.m., March 12, so Allen’s statement would suggest that Washington would pass on using the franchise tag on Davis. But the general manager didn’t rule it out, either.

The Redskins are expected to restructure a number of players, and possibly cut others to create spending money so they can re-sign players and sign others. The deadline to do so is March 12.
So, from these comments it is a wait and see on Davis. I think if his recovery is gong well, we will sign him to a long term deal. If he's having set backs, then we will probably move on or sign him to a one year deal.

Well I'm sure cutting Moss will probably happen, and they will either restructure or cut Hall. They could restructure Garcon, Morgan, Wilson, Carriker, Bowen, Cofield, Chester and T Williams.

It will be interesting to see what they do to lower some of these guys' cap numbers for this year.


Wow, kinda sounds like what we have had to do in FFMD. Freakin Mara and his collusion to bring down the NFC East.
_________________

2014 FFMD Redskins Assistant to the General Manager
2014 NFL Mock Draft
REDSKINS WAR ROOM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 60812
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2013/02/18/franchise-tag-period-begins-today/

Quote:
The Redskins, who are salary-cap strapped, could be inclined to work out a deal to retain Davis without using the franchise tag. General Manager Bruce Allen indicated to reporters last week that a decision on Davis wouldn’t be made until the team can get a better feel for his recovery “until later in the spring.” The free agency signing period begins at 4 p.m., March 12, so Allen’s statement would suggest that Washington would pass on using the franchise tag on Davis. But the general manager didn’t rule it out, either.

The Redskins are expected to restructure a number of players, and possibly cut others to create spending money so they can re-sign players and sign others. The deadline to do so is March 12.
So, from these comments it is a wait and see on Davis. I think if his recovery is gong well, we will sign him to a long term deal. If he's having set backs, then we will probably move on or sign him to a one year deal.

Well I'm sure cutting Moss will probably happen, and they will either restructure or cut Hall. They could restructure Garcon, Morgan, Wilson, Carriker, Bowen, Cofield, Chester and T Williams.

It will be interesting to see what they do to lower some of these guys' cap numbers for this year.


Wow, kinda sounds like what we have had to do in FFMD. Freakin Mara and his collusion to bring down the NFC East.
Ha! I was thinking the same thing bro! Laughing Wink
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
—Days until: NFL Draft 30; Training camp 96
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 19217
Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2013/02/18/franchise-tag-period-begins-today/

Quote:
The Redskins, who are salary-cap strapped, could be inclined to work out a deal to retain Davis without using the franchise tag. General Manager Bruce Allen indicated to reporters last week that a decision on Davis wouldn’t be made until the team can get a better feel for his recovery “until later in the spring.” The free agency signing period begins at 4 p.m., March 12, so Allen’s statement would suggest that Washington would pass on using the franchise tag on Davis. But the general manager didn’t rule it out, either.

The Redskins are expected to restructure a number of players, and possibly cut others to create spending money so they can re-sign players and sign others. The deadline to do so is March 12.
So, from these comments it is a wait and see on Davis. I think if his recovery is gong well, we will sign him to a long term deal. If he's having set backs, then we will probably move on or sign him to a one year deal.

Well I'm sure cutting Moss will probably happen, and they will either restructure or cut Hall. They could restructure Garcon, Morgan, Wilson, Carriker, Bowen, Cofield, Chester and T Williams.

It will be interesting to see what they do to lower some of these guys' cap numbers for this year.


Wow, kinda sounds like what we have had to do in FFMD. Freakin Mara and his collusion to bring down the NFC East.
Ha! I was thinking the same thing bro! Laughing Wink


The sad part is that us fans could have done a better job for most of the 2000s. Thankfully, the current front office actually has some sense in their collective noggins.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group