Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Miami In Extensive Talks with Hartline and Clemons
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warpticon wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5329/mike-wallace

So it seems that you guys are right, that regardless if we sign Hartline or not, we will go after both WRs.

I can seriously see us singing both since we have so much cap space. I just hope we still draft a WR to have some youth.

I think drafting a WR is also a near certainty, though probably not with the 1st rounder.

I just have a crazy feeling it will be a guy like Patton because of his route running.

UniversalAuthor
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blagasse67 wrote:
Warpticon wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:

So it seems that you guys are right, that regardless if we sign Hartline or not, we will go after both WRs.

I can seriously see us singing both since we have so much cap space. I just hope we still draft a WR to have some youth.

I think drafting a WR is also a near certainty, though probably not with the 1st rounder.

I just have a crazy feeling it will be a guy like Patton because of his route running.

I hope that crazy feeling comes true....

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:
Warpticon wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:

I hope that crazy feeling comes true....

Me too. Love Patton, and he's such a good fit for this system.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am hopeful its robert woods especially if we sign wallace. Woods is taylor made for the WCO and love his YAC after the catch.
Miami2DaMax

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mountainpd wrote:
Pleased we are trying to do something with a few of our own guys.

I think we are going after a receiver whether Hartline signs or not.

Well, duh I think that's more obvious than saying the skys blue.
SUG

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Clemons re signs we can eliminate drafting this Vaccaro kid. (Safety/Texas)

sug
cddolphin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:

sug

Yup something tells me Clemons will sign a modest contract pretty easily. He has a great coach. Jones and Clemons both turned corners this year.

Hartline will sign for <$6million with us. He knows what he is and the supply of WRs (both in FA and the draft) will work against him.
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
Conquest8089 wrote:
Brian Hartline signs with New England.

Fine by me. Let them overpay. Let him score 1 TD on the season for them.

Wes Welker for Hartline, LOL J/K Hartline is good but he is a #2 WR simple as that, if he thinks he can get Megatron money I say send him packing. Sign Wallace or Jennings and grab Patterson at 12 or even one of the multi other WR's in round 2 or 3. We are holding the cards imo, I hope Ireland does not forget that.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
SUG wrote:

sug

Yup something tells me Clemons will sign a modest contract pretty easily. He has a great coach. Jones and Clemons both turned corners this year.

Hartline will sign for <$6million with us. He knows what he is and the supply of WRs (both in FA and the draft) will work against him.

I agree cd, Brian Hartline is an intelligent individual.
He's well aware of his TD count & that he can land a 4 yr deal if he plays his cards right.
He's also well aware of the fact as the Off develops he is the best fit we have on the roster as of today.
A rookie could take 2 yrs to fully develop so a 4 yr deal is in his best interest.

sug
cddolphin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
SUG wrote:

sug

He's well aware of his TD count & that he can land a 4 yr deal if he plays his cards right.
He's also well aware of the fact as the Off develops he is the best fit we have on the roster as of today.
A rookie could take 2 yrs to fully develop so a 4 yr deal is in his best interest.

sug

Armando tweeted earlier that Hartline WANTS $6 million, and he's usually on point.

Just to compare, Davone Bess signed a 4 - year, $9.4 million dollar contract after the 2009 season (where he had 76 catches for 758 yards and 2 TDs).

If Hartline's starting point for negotiations is $6 mil, wouldn't be surprised if he signs a 4 - year, $16 million dollar contract or something similar.

Merc, I'm wondering what contract figure you would be happy with?
patman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
SUG wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
SUG wrote:

sug

sug

Armando tweeted earlier that Hartline WANTS $6 million, and he's usually on point.

Just to compare, Davone Bess signed a 4 - year, $9.4 million dollar contract after the 2009 season (where he had 76 catches for 758 yards and 2 TDs).

If Hartline's starting point for negotiations is $6 mil, wouldn't be surprised if he signs a 4 - year, $16 million dollar contract or something similar.

Bess Signed that deal 2 years before he was a FA. Last years number's for similar type players

Laurent Robinson 5 and 32mill. Meachem 4 and 25mill, Mannigham was hampered by a balky knee and was only able to get 2 years at 4 mill

I would think Hartline should get a deal similar to Meachem at the bottom end and Robinson at the top. Since he had better numbers than both.

If a guy sees his production around the league being paid at 6 mill and he thinks that is fair, how do you think he would be ok with 1/3 less?
If you want 6000 for a car you don't take 4,000.

I can see offering him 10-15% less as a home town discount but 33%, that is kind of a stretch. You sound like he pulled 6 mill out of the air.
ukdolfan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ Didn't Robinson get the contract a year after scoring 11 TDs?

^ Jamison on the sig.
patman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ukdolfan wrote:
^^ Didn't Robinson get the contract a year after scoring 11 TDs?

Yes, a one year wonder with one good year under his belt. And he got 6.5 a year. Pierre Carcon got over 8 mill. Brandon Lloyd only got 4.5 but he pretty much said he would only play for NE, he would have gotten 6 easily even at 30 YO.

The market is what the market is. Hartline is a sure handed #2 WR who would be a great fit as a complimentary guy and is not asking for a lot of money.

Cinci, Cleveland, NE (if Welker leaves) Denver, SD, Minn, Bears etc. There are a lot of teams that have that need for the mid range WR
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:

I'm not totally sure, but I'd probably offer somewhere around 3 year, 3 million a year deal, no more. If he wanted to back load a deal that gave him an inflated base salary in year 4, so that contract could appear bigger than it is, fine by me. I just see him more as a #3. He may be talented enough to be a #2, but I just wouldn't want him on the field for that many snaps. Not enough playmaking ability to earn that much field time. Again, I view him filling the same roll Bess does. No need for both.
jw33d

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would rather have cordarelle patterson and deandre hopkins than any of the other wrs mentioned

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: