Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Miami In Extensive Talks with Hartline and Clemons
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Miami In Extensive Talks with Hartline and Clemons Reply with quote

It looks as if the Philbin, Ireland, and the rest of the coaching staff have found the 2 players we want to target. Brian Hartline and Chris Clemons have been in extensive talks with the Dolphins.

Chris Clemons really stepped his game up this season. Kevin Coyle is a very good secondary coach and has helped turn Reggie Nelson into a good safety. Nelson is a fast safety, a good hitter, but lacked the ability to catch, just like Clemons. Coyle must feel that Clemons is worth it at only 27 years old. Clemons has speed this defense needs and started all 16 games.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5383/chris-clemons
Quote:
The Miami Herald reports the Dolphins have held "extensive discussions" with free agent FS Chris Clemons about re-signing.
Clemons, 27, started all 16 games in 2012 and recorded a career-high 99 tackles, while being above-average against both the pass and the run. Clemons and Brian Hartline are the only two players out of a slew of their own potential free agents that the Dolphins have had substantive talks with about coming back.

The Dolphins have been in contact with Brian Hartline as well. Hartline was asking for a lot of money but i don't think he will make quite that much. Hartline is a go to WR. He fits this offense very well. He has built a relationship with Tannehill, which has helped him during his rookie season.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5191/brian-hartline

Quote:
A source tells the Miami Herald that the Dolphins have had "extensive discussions" with free agent WR Brian Hartline.
Per the Herald, the Dolphins have "discretely targeted" re-signing Hartline and FS Chris Clemons. They hope to "lock" both players into contract before free agency opens on March 12. The problem is that re-signing Hartline could prove pricy and therefore limit the Dolphins' opportunity to go after a true No. 1 wideout such as Mike Wallace, Greg Jennings or Dwayne Bowe. Getting Ryan Tannehill some weapons must be a priority for GM Jeff Ireland.

If we sign these two I think free agency and the draft turn out a little different.

I think if we resign Hartline, instead of breaking the bank for Jennings or Wallace, we draft a WR and go after Michael Johnson in free agency. Michael Johnson will have to be wowed to come here but he had 11.5 sacks while at the same time was very good against the run. Obviously he knows the defense since Coyle brought the same defense with him. Johnson is a LB and a DE. A pure athlete

UniversalAuthor
Manic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugh pricey and hartline just dont set well with me. Hes a nice wr but not worth signing to a big contract around 4/5 mill a year is whatd id hope for

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would take jennings. Or wallace over hartline every time. I think we still need to hit on one of those receivers in FA.

Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD
Warpticon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're going to go after a free agent receiver regardless of what happens with Hartline. It was never an either/or thing.
mountainpd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pleased we are trying to do something with a few of our own guys.

I think we are going after a receiver whether Hartline signs or not.

^^^Kempes^^^
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mountainpd wrote:
Pleased we are trying to do something with a few of our own guys.

I think we are going after a receiver whether Hartline signs or not.
Exactly signing Hartline is not going to prevent us from signing another WR.
Conquest8089

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolphins are going to chase all the marquee FA Wide Receivers. Stephen Ross is looking to generate publicity with a bigtime offseason. In that process, the Phns might take for granted Hartline returning for 2013.

Scenario that I feel will play out? Brian Hartline signs with New England.
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conquest8089 wrote:
Brian Hartline signs with New England.

Fine by me. Let them overpay. Let him score 1 TD on the season for them.
JCool333

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clemons is worth a low contract. I never really noticed the guy too much out there, but that's more than we can say for most of our safeties since the Walker/Marion tandem.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Hartline signing....The guy catches everything thrown his way and will make a great complementary to one of the big FA or even HArvin...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
Conquest8089 wrote:
Brian Hartline signs with New England.

Fine by me. Let them overpay. Let him score 1 TD on the season for them.

Hey, it worked for the last 1 TD WR they got from us.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCool333 wrote:
Clemons is worth a low contract. I never really noticed the guy too much out there, but that's more than we can say for most of our safeties since the Walker/Marion tandem.
Right Clemons is the guy who doesnt make alot of splash plays but also isnt the guy we are screaming at through the TV for making bad plays. He knows and sticks to his assignments. Keeping him and jones together helps continuity not to mention he should be cap friendly
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5329/mike-wallace

So it seems that you guys are right, that regardless if we sign Hartline or not, we will go after both WRs.

I can seriously see us singing both since we have so much cap space. I just hope we still draft a WR to have some youth.

UniversalAuthor
SUG

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blagasse67 wrote:

So it seems that you guys are right, that regardless if we sign Hartline or not, we will go after both WRs.

I can seriously see us singing both since we have so much cap space. I just hope we still draft a WR to have some youth.

Absolutely, we need to draft a WR within pks 2B & 3B.

sug
Warpticon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blagasse67 wrote:

I think drafting a WR is also a near certainty, though probably not with the 1st rounder.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: