Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Wide Load
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
disaacs

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Wide Load Reply with quote

Quote:
There’s been a lot of attention paid to the Vikings’ first-round pick from the 2009 draft, but wide receiver Percy Harvin isn’t the only player from that draft that Minnesota has to make a decision about this offseason.

Tackle Phil Loadholt, their second-round pick in 2009, is headed for free agency next month if the Vikings aren’t able to re-sign him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/12/rick-spielman-wants-phil-loadholt-to-stick-around/

I don't know what to make of this Loadholt situation. You'd think this would be an easy signing, but it seems that Phil is likely holding out for more money. They do need to just get it done, because I'd personally prefer that they just resolve it and not open up another spot in the starting lineup. Not that the Vikings couldn't do it rather easily with Love or Murphy, but both of them would be a step down from Loadholt.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spielman: “Continuity is a huge part of it on the offensive line because those guys have to work as one unit and they have to know each other inside and out. They work together on combination blocks, on picking up stunts and twists when they’re in pass pro passing off. I think continuity is a big key to that. We’d love to keep Phil Loadholt, so we’ll try to do everything we can to keep Phil Loadholt but we also have a lot of guys we’d like to keep.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/12/rick-spielman-wants-phil-loadholt-to-stick-around/

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Sector7G

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he wants to stay, and the vikings want him to as well.
He'll get his money.
ArcticNorseman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think everyone that knows anything about the Vikings and Phil Loadholt realizes we haven't had a RT play like this guy since Korey Stringer.

It's not a coincidence that a lot of Adrian's biggest runs came around the right side, and how many sacks of Ponder were coming off the right edge? A few granted, but most were from the middle.

With Sullivan, Kalil and Loadholt (and Fusco/Schwartz), this team will have a formidable O-line. So, re-signing Phil is major.

I honestly would love to see him signed for 5-6 years for an average of $6-ish million per year. Maybe he would settle for less, but why take the chance of losing him.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully he doesn't hit free agency and have a team like Jacksonville offer him $9M a year like a team did in a GM mock I was in...

Laughing
vikesnewcoach11

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be stupid to let him go...it would just give us another hole to fill

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign him up. He improved dramatically this year.

Every once in awhile it seems like he'll have a few mental lapses (aka, you know when he false starts lol) but he's improved very much since coming into this league.

Absolutely sign him up!

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
AP_allday2869

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he is essential to the O-line. Even though he is inconsistent and likes his false starts, he can be flat out dominant at the RT position. Plus, he have not seen what DaMarcus Love can do; maybe only a couple of times in the preseason, if that?

Continuity is important for a team as young as ours, and for an offensive line thats fairly young like ours.

Adopt a Viking:
Chris Cook: Tackles: 5 Ints: 0 BP: 1 Ejections:1

Bridgewater or Bust!
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loadholt is the only free agent I truly have an interest in bringing back. He is a priority, now that Frazier's deal is done.
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Loadholt is the only free agent I truly have an interest in bringing back. He is a priority, now that Frazier's deal is done.

Agreed.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

Agreed.

I expect a few other guys to get shorter deals like Simpson, Brinkley, Mitchell, Sanford, however, Loadholt is really a player the Vikes cant afford to lose.

5 years; $24-$28 million will probably do it.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see Sanford getting a short deal. I feel he gets at least a three year deal.
Klomp

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frazier: "We need him on the team in 2013."
NorthCountryEvo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As most have said, he is a must sign. He might get a big paycheck, but in the end it's worth it, and he is worth it. O-line continuity and a player of loadholt's caliber are a big deal, and something our offense cannot afford to lose. I see no way that we let him see anything of free agency.

"NIGHT STALKERS DON'T QUIT"
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorthCountryEvo wrote:
As most have said, he is a must sign. He might get a big paycheck, but in the end it's worth it, and he is worth it. O-line continuity and a player of loadholt's caliber are a big deal, and something our offense cannot afford to lose. I see no way that we let him see anything of free agency.

My guess is that Loadholt and and his agent are doing what they can to make it to free agency since he will be likely to make significantly more on the open market. If they wanted to get a deal done before free agency, im sure it would have been taken care of. We're still three weeks away, so maybe something will be completed.

For me, there is a price that is too high. If Loadholt is approaching the $7-10 million per year area, I let him walk, and add one of the many talented RT prospects in this draft.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: