Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Nico Johnson, ILB, Alabama

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
derekfelty

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Nico Johnson, ILB, Alabama Reply with quote

I would really want to use our 3rd round draft pick on this guy. He seems like he could be an outstanding football player. Also, we have Gregg Williams as are coach as well. Nico Johnson, could be a really decent player for us on the "D" He knows how to win. Also, he loves the game as much as we do.
latinoaustino

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: Nico Johnson, ILB, Alabama Reply with quote

derekfelty wrote:
I would really want to use our 3rd round draft pick on this guy. He seems like he could be an outstanding football player. Also, we have Gregg Williams as are coach as well. Nico Johnson, could be a really decent player for us on the "D" He knows how to win. Also, he loves the game as much as we do.

He won't make it to the third round dude. He's a late first pick at the worst. I have a feeling his stock will rise throughout the combine process. The latest he'll go is to the Ravens at the end of the first as a "replacement" for Ray Lewis. Also, Nico is a 3-4 ILB and we currently run a 4-3.

Adopt A Titan

Alterraun Verner and Scott Solomon
TitanSS

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Nico Johnson, ILB, Alabama Reply with quote

latinoaustino wrote:
derekfelty wrote:

He won't make it to the third round dude. He's a late first pick at the worst. I have a feeling his stock will rise throughout the combine process. The latest he'll go is to the Ravens at the end of the first as a "replacement" for Ray Lewis. Also, Nico is a 3-4 ILB and we currently run a 4-3.

Where are you getting the end of the first round projection? I've seen him everywhere from 3rd to 5th round, but definitely not 1st.

He is not a top 100 player. He is barely inside most top 200. Look at the mock's on this forum and find one draft where is he in the first round. There's a lot of 4 round mocks that he doesn't even appear in.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2013/prospects/lb.html
He isn't even listed as one of the top linebackers in the draft. This site has Kevin Minter as the 39th overall player. If Minter is 39 there is no way in hell Johnson is a first rounder.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFPS-Top-200-Draft-Prospects-Version-50.html
He is ranked the 198th overall prospect here.

You're possibly thinking of Ogletree? He will jump up come the combine.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Nico Johnson, ILB, Alabama Reply with quote

latinoaustino wrote:
derekfelty wrote:

Do you mean CJ Mosley? He went back to school. I don't see Nico Johnson going 3rd let alone bottom of the 1st. He's a mid 4th round at best. A thumper in a 3-4.
latinoaustino

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Nico Johnson, ILB, Alabama Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
latinoaustino wrote:
derekfelty wrote:

Do you mean CJ Mosley? He went back to school. I don't see Nico Johnson going 3rd let alone bottom of the 1st. He's a mid 4th round at best. A thumper in a 3-4.

That's it, my bad. Got those two confused. Regardless, Nico is still not a fit for our defense.

Adopt A Titan

Alterraun Verner and Scott Solomon
derekfelty

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if his a 3-4 guy, could we change him into a 4-3 guy? is that hard to do or what? I don't know much about it all. I just know his pretty decent and his from Alabama. We could use some of those players.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: