Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is Ogletree or Ansah worth to be in the top 15?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jcvoodoo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:18 am    Post subject: Is Ogletree or Ansah worth to be in the top 15? Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/0ap1000000137996/article/manti-teo-matt-barkley-head-prospects-with-something-to-prove

Interesting read... some names may suprise you. That poses a question though. Do you take a chance on players like Ansah, Olgetree or Matthieu?

^NS922 on the sig^
sammymvpknight

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally hate Ansah and Ogletree in a 3-4...but that's just me. Ansah is 6'4" 270. He could get even bigger. Unless the Saints plan to move him to DE...ah, no. He was a great idea when the Saints were running a 4-3...but not now.

Ogletree is a nickel 3-4 ILB at best in our system. he is TOO SMALL and can't shed blocks. Is that really the type of guy you want at 3-4 ILB? The Saints have a guy who fits the bill better on their roster...Martez Wilson. So why would you invest a premium draft pick on Ogletree? It makes no sense. Minter & Teo would be much better picks...but again...are they upgrades to Lofton? Questionable.

Let's just stick with guys who fit our scheme and aren't at the two reasonably deep positions on the defense (DE & ILB). The Saints could easily go NT, WOLB, SOLB, CB, FS, SS and get an upgrade.
FLOODx

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that big a fan of Te'o. I'd take Minter and Arthur Brown over him in a heartbeat.

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
sammymvpknight

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLOODx wrote:
Not that big a fan of Te'o. I'd take Minter and Arthur Brown over him in a heartbeat.

I think that Brown is WAYYYY to small for ILB. He is a 4-3 OLB. I agree that Minter is probably the best. But Te'o is definitely second on my list. But the Saints just have more important needs...the Saints do not need a ILB/DE unless the Saints are certain that it will be the next Richard Seymore/Patrick Willis. I don't see that type of player in this draft.
FLOODx

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sammymvpknight wrote:
FLOODx wrote:

I think that Brown is WAYYYY to small for ILB. He is a 4-3 OLB. I agree that Minter is probably the best. But Te'o is definitely second on my list. But the Saints just have more important needs...the Saints do not need a ILB/DE unless the Saints are certain that it will be the next Richard Seymore/Patrick Willis. I don't see that type of player in this draft.

Ouch 6'1 230. Didnt think he was that small, looks a lot bigger.

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
saintsfan#1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Ogletree would be perfect ILB for Saints 3-4
thesolution

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ansah played the 5 tech at BYU. He also line up at LB and NT.

Copyrighted by Kiltman
My Second Sig
101stSaintsFan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is everyone's thoughts on mingo?? He is extremely fast but I think he's a little small. Also, I dont think he can cover that well but perhaps he is coachable? That speed is a great foundation to build upon...

2014 Adopt a Saint:

Khiry Robinson

Keenan Lewis
krewebrees

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ogletree: I was never that high on him to begin with and with the Vilma news I wouldn't get him.

Ansah: I like him but not sure if he fits. He can play jack line backer, but that is where Galette would play. Ansah could play 5tec DE. Then Jordan would have to move to 3tec DE and Hicks from there to nose. I don't know if you want to change the defense that much for one guy.

Mingo: He won't fall to 15. I think he will be top 10. If we can get him. Then get him. He can play jack or will linebacker. With Galette at jack though he would play will and start over Vilma.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: