Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Geno Smith to Cleveland?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Selkiesxx

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:06 am    Post subject: Geno Smith to Cleveland? Reply with quote

How would you feel if Chud and Norval decide that (if Geno Smith falls) they decide to take him as their new franchise quarterback?

Personally, I'm of the opinion that Weeden deserves a shot to run this offense but I'm not going to pretend to have watched every Browns game this season.

There's a good chance Geno will fall and I'm sure everyone at the ESPN and NFLNetwork studios will be talking about it but how would you -- the fans -- feel?

@BodamEscapePlan (Twitter)
bosko1616

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

God please no. He is extremely overrated. People are infatuated with him because of RG3 and that dual threat QB. But Geno isn't even on the same planet of RG3. In any other draft he would be a second round pick tops.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bosko1616 wrote:
God please no. He is extremely overrated. People are infatuated with him because of RG3 and that dual threat QB. But Geno isn't even on the same planet of RG3. In any other draft he would be a second round pick tops.

I hope no one compares Geno to RGIII, they aren't in the least bit similar. Geno is an okay athlete, not a special one at all. I don't think he is as athletic as Wilson or Luck, let alone RGIII.

He can throw a football, but I'm not sold on him as a top 10 pick, maybe late 1st round.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rather have teddy bridgewater.. I say we go after a free agent qb or a stop gap qb for this upcoming season and draft our qb in the 2014 draft.. Unless somehow we sign Flacco to a deal lol.. Geno is overrated and he is where near the talent that RG3 is .. I hope that they dont just pick a QB in this draft just to pick one.. Def have to wait and c what this new front office and all will do from free agency and on.. B/c we don't know what direction they will go until it happens.. We got plenty of cap and I expect us to go after some key players.. I just hope we be smart going after free agents / via trades and into the draft.. We got a nice young talented group, Lombardi please dont blow it and just build on what we have.. lol
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browns use FA to plug major holes in roster...

at #6 Geno is available and he is BPA... I good with that.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm done getting angry when we pick someone I don't agree with. Over the past couple years they seem to have worked out pretty well. Even though this is a new front office I will give them them a chance.

If Geno wouldn't have pretty much shut down mid year, he would have be the for sure #1 pick. The kid has a butt load of talent and I'm sure he will be successful.

Just might irritate me slightly after using a 1st last year on Weeden. But if it improves the team, I'm cool with it.
roger murdock

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno is intriguing. Lots and lots of talent and seems like a good leader and good kid.big don't think he's ready to make an immediate impact but I think he can be really good. I'd be fine with him at 6.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EL Brownso wrote:
I'm done getting angry when we pick someone I don't agree with. Over the past couple years they seem to have worked out pretty well. Even though this is a new front office I will give them them a chance.

If Geno wouldn't have pretty much shut down mid year, he would have be the for sure #1 pick. The kid has a butt load of talent and I'm sure he will be successful.

Just might irritate me slightly after using a 1st last year on Weeden. But if it improves the team, I'm cool with it.

I am not a Big Fan of taking QB's in the first round, back to back years....but
if you think Geno Smith shutdown mid season....your didnt watch college football this season.....WVU offense was putting up 35-40 points...and loosing 55-34 or loosing 50-49....its WVU defense that was the issue...not its O.....Geno Smiths WORST game of last year was at KSU...who was in the running for a national championship at the time....and he only completed 65% of his passes for 143 yards 1 TD/ 2 INT's.........

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
EL Brownso

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaWg_LB. wrote:
EL Brownso wrote:

I am not a Big Fan of taking QB's in the first round, back to back years....but
if you think Geno Smith shutdown mid season....your didnt watch college football this season.....WVU offense was putting up 35-40 points...and loosing 55-34 or loosing 50-49....its WVU defense that was the issue...not its O.....Geno Smiths WORST game of last year was at KSU...who was in the running for a national championship at the time....and he only completed 65% of his passes for 143 yards 1 TD/ 2 INT's.........

Ok shut down was the wrong word. His play was amazing the first half of the season and he definitely went into a slump, for him, the second half of the season.

I watched all of his games that were televised because I was pretty high on him. I think the Texas Tech game was his worst.
BocaRatonBrown1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Geno Smith to Cleveland? Reply with quote

Selkiesxx wrote:
How would you feel if Chud and Norval decide that (if Geno Smith falls) they decide to take him as their new franchise quarterback?

Personally, I'm of the opinion that Weeden deserves a shot to run this offense but I'm not going to pretend to have watched every Browns game this season.

There's a good chance Geno will fall and I'm sure everyone at the ESPN and NFLNetwork studios will be talking about it but how would you -- the fans -- feel?

I watched him plays against Texas & his passes had very nice accuracy & plenty of arm on each throw. He looked very fast when pushed out of the pocket & running. I think he is just as athletic as Russel Wilson & Andrew Luck.

We have been lucky the last couple years with all of our 1st rounders starting. We have not had a botched pick in rounds 1 or 2 since Mangini.

Geno Smith reminds me allot of Tony Romo when I watch them play. I would say Smith has the ability to come in day one as a starter & be the guy with out question.

People really lowered there evaluation on Matt Barkley as well. Matt Barkley is just as good if not better than Matt Ryan coming out.

The flip side right now is there is a near top 10 QB available on the market in Alex Smith.

Loads of really good 2nd day QBs out there as well. Tyler Bray, Tyler Wilson, Nassib, Jones, Thomas, Boyd....

There are many options out there right now for QB. After soaking it all in you have to pass. Unless something happens & we trade down. Somebody may have a much higher rating on Smith than what we do.
Productiondawg

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Geno could be that QB in a better QB class that goes in the second round that surprises people and turns out pretty darn good. He's got all the tools and I do think his production has been underrated because of his game against Baylor. It really blew him to proportions that he couldn't possibly continue. I do wish we could get him later in the draft but the QB class is just too week. That being said if he turns out to be pretty darn good, who cares where we picked him.

Right now I'm still hoping that we can sign Paul Kruger then draft Dee Milliner, but if they think Geno can be the guy, I wouldn't complain too much, especially if he turns out to be the guy.

Season tickets, section 315, since 06
See you in the Muni with the Tailgate DJs
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:

you got that 1/2 right.

There is no way on god's green earth that geno is BPA @6

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
braylonsHands

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to remind you all, before the combine and interviews, RGIII was considered by many of you to be a late first to early 2nd round pick. Shortly after the combine/interview, RGIII was a 2 first round pick, top 5 guy....

Skipping over sleeper43 posts since 4/19/09
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:

you got that 1/2 right.

There is no way on god's green earth that geno is BPA @6

A more appropriate response might have been, "Im not a fan of Geno, so in my opinion he would not be bpa at #6." Then people can have a positive and constructive discussion with you, instead of devolving into arguments over personal biases.

Location: 2013 Adopt a Brownie: Leon McFadden: 1 solo tackle, 1 assist
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like some ppl like Geno, and others are unimpressed. Not at all surprising. The hype machine before the draft is a roller coaster. So I'm not really ready to talk Geno Smith. I'd heard rumblings towards the beginning of the college season, and that has since trailed off quite a bit. I'm mostly just waiting for the combine/pro-day results. I do want a mobile QB, but can he make the throws, can read defenses, and can he adjust to the faster pace of the professional game.

It infuriates me to know that we missed out on a guy like Russell Wilson (though, I was fairly impressed with him at Wisconsin) and probably gave 2 [inappropriate/removed] less about Colin Kaepernick, and thus missed out on him too. I'm not a scout, I hardly pay attention to the college game except what games/news feeds in from being in Big Ten/Big East/MAC territory.

I don't HATE Weeden, but he needs work. (And not to take shots at him, but I feel like where his eyes are set in his head, he's more like prey than predator behind the line of scrimmage, could be the cause of his narrow field vision.)

However if a guy like Geno Smith comes in and earns a starting job next year on someone else's squad, (like all the other 2012 rookies, except Weeden) I'm going to drink 12oz of Nyquil and go lay down in front of a bus.

Reppin in Athens, Ohio AKA South Cleveland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: