Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Upcoming draft - final pieces or looming debacle?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
Entropy wrote:
Sure, but that's just one strike then. You counted it twice.

I believe he is also lamenting the fact that we are down 1 pick due to using it in the selection of Josh Gordon in the Supplemental Draft.

He apparently does not subscribe to the theory that a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Those are significant leaps in illogic, even for a hater like you.

Your pussbag attitude apparently is morphing into flights of fantasy.

I'm eliciting insults now? Guess I'm hitting a groove.

Set me straight, then. Explain how having Josh Gordon on the roster, signed and a year in the NFL under his belt is worse for this team than possessing pick thirty-whatever.

Hater? Please. If I'm a hater, it's a hater of those who proffer such ideas like using a 2nd round supplemental pick on Josh Gordon somehow hurts the team. People like that earn their hate with such cretinous opinions.
bruceb

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
bruceb wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
Entropy wrote:

I believe he is also lamenting the fact that we are down 1 pick due to using it in the selection of Josh Gordon in the Supplemental Draft.

He apparently does not subscribe to the theory that a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Set me straight, then. Explain how having Josh Gordon on the roster, signed and a year in the NFL under his belt is worse for this team than possessing pick thirty-whatever.

Hater? Please. If I'm a hater, it's a hater of those who proffer such ideas like using a 2nd round supplemental pick on Josh Gordon somehow hurts the team. People like that earn their hate with such cretinous opinions.

I never said or "proffered" that it did, Ditch. You did.

Your post was a blatant personal attack on me based on your conjured reading of my mind.

No football there, dude, just hate.

Mods must be asleep.
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
bruceb wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
Entropy wrote:

Your post was a blatant personal attack on me based on your conjured reading of my mind.

Mods must be asleep.

Must be. You still haven't gotten your warning.

Anyway, you still haven't said how using our pick to get Josh Gordon is a bad thing. You just said it was bad that we don't have our usual number of picks.

Of course, that might also be wrong since we have an additional pick from the David Sims trade. But let's forget that, and focus on why you think having already used our pick on the most promising WR in Cleveland since Paul Warfield is a bad thing.
bruceb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
bruceb wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
bruceb wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
Entropy wrote:

Mods must be asleep.

Anyway, you still haven't said how using our pick to get Josh Gordon is a bad thing. You just said it was bad that we don't have our usual number of picks.

Of course, that might also be wrong since we have an additional pick from the David Sims trade. But let's forget that, and focus on why you think having already used our pick on the most promising WR in Cleveland since Paul Warfield is a bad thing.

Never said that, Ditch...still.

All in your mind, attributed to me.

You seriously need a warning.
Entropy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
Entropy wrote:
bruceb wrote:
Entropy wrote:
bruceb wrote:
Entropy wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
Entropy wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
Entropy wrote:
It seems your entire problem is with Lombardi. So look at him more objectively and tell me what he's done so far that you disagree with. (not rhetorical)

He's been hired. Same problem I have with Banner. I'll update you as the year goes on, but it's hard to get past those two mistakes.

Yes it's hard to get past something you view as a mistake unless you consider why you view it as a mistake.

I knew every mistake the Browns made before they made them too; all I had to do was view everything as a mistake. It's infallible logic. Very Happy

Hey, I'm no fan of Lombardi or Banner either (not yet). But I actually want them to succeed and I'm always looking for evidence of success along with evidence of a lack of success.

I'll say this, with free agency looming; we'll have more evidence soon.

So you agree that this is all opinion we're talking about here, and that your incessant badgering for "evidence" from me is pointless and annoying?

Glad we could get on the same page.

So you agree that all opinions are not equal and evidence tends to be a rather large factor...and I'm really annoying sometimes?

Yes, we're on the same page. Very Happy

Lombardi has two strikes against him: (1) No clear cut display of competence in player selection; and (2) A relative (to immediately prior years) paucity of picks to (fill in the blank...guide, steer, champion, hold his breath until he turns blue on, etc.).

It seems much more likely that he will strikeout than that he will hit a home run much less a couple, which is what we need to get over the top and into contention.

Please list the players he, alone, picked bruce.

Nobody seems to know who, if anyone "he, alone, picked", which by definition is "No clear cut display of competence in player selection".

Huh?

Please explain exactly how lack of clear cut competency and relatively few picks are one thing.

Sure thing...you've admitted he's picked no one himself. It's unreasonable to question his competency on picks you didn't even identify, right?

All of your criticisms stem from his lack of experience, mine as well. But that's just one thing.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
bruceb wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
bruceb wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
Entropy wrote:

Mods must be asleep.

Never said that, Ditch...still.

All in your mind, attributed to me.

You seriously need a warning.

Actually, bruce, you are the one who earned a warning here. The bolded doesn't fly, and you know it.

This thread hasn't been much more than a bicker fest with veiled (and sometimes direct) insults. I see no reason to keep it open.

Adopt-a-Brown: Desmond Bryant
2013 Stats (10 games): 24 Tkls, 3.5 Sacks, 2 Stuffs, 1 PD

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: