Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trading Up or Down

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roger murdock

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Trading Up or Down Reply with quote

I'd love to get the boards opinion on moving around in the draft. Particularly in these areas:

1. Whats the least you would need to be offered to drop down from pick 6 to say spot 12, 20, or 26 in this draft?

2. What would you give up to move up if you could get the one object of your desire and who would it be?

3. Trading future picks - how do you feel? Would you give up a first rounder next year for say pick 20 if a guy you loved was on board?

4. What guys would you like to move up or down for?

5. How do you feel about not having a second rounder? Well spent on Gordon I'm sure, but what would you do to get another one this year?

Anything else anyone wants to add.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody in this draft blows me away. Honestly it will all depend on what we do in free agency.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are no guys I want to move up for. I am not in love with anybody in the draft, and there is no reason to trade up to get one of the guys when the difference between the #1 pick and the #6 pick is non existent in this draft.

I do, however, like the depth in this draft. I absolutely want to trade down regardless of who is there at our pick. I don't see pick #6 having more value than pick #16-25ish honestly. Not for this team anyways, as the top players aren't Cleveland Browns needs.

Guys to target in a later 1st round trade down:

1. Alec Ogletree/OLB
2. Barkevious Mingo/OLB
3. Tyler Eiffett/TE
4. Xavier Rhodes/CB
5. Jonathan Banks/CB
6. Kenny Vaccarro/FS
7. Matt Elam/FS
8. Chance Warmack/OG

In no particular order.

I think Eiffert is an elite player who is going to tear it up in the NFL. I wouldn't be opposed to a large trade down ala 2011 and grabbing him.[/list]
roger murdock

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. If nobody blows me away at 6 I would take a third to drop out of the top 10 or a 2nd to drop way lower in the first.

2. If someone like Star or Werner, whos skillset, size, and production really attract me absolutely blows up the combine I would consider giving up a 3rd to move up to 2 and grab them,

3. Don't like doing it ever, dont think anyones worth it this year.

4. Ogletree, Warmack, Vaccarrao

5. Would be quiet thrilled with landing a second via trade down. Would not hate giving up our 3rd plus a few late picks to move up into the second.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with fullback40 on this - like most I'm not really in love with anyone top 10-wise. General consensus is its a steady draft talent-wise but not an impressive one, about the only guys I really like up high in the 1st are Star and Ziggy. Other than those two a trade down would be preferred, especially if it allows us to recoup our 2nd and get another 1st in 2014 (where there ARE some players I covet like Clowney for example)
bruceb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We likely will be drafting our QB of the future next year.

Accordingly, my comments are interlaced with the questions as follows in bold:

1. Whats the least you would need to be offered to drop down from pick 6 to say spot 12, 20, or 26 in this draft?

12 would take a 1st and 2nd this year, and a 2nd next.

20 would take a 1st, 2nd and 4th this year and a 1st next

26 would take more.

2. What would you give up to move up if you could get the one object of your desire and who would it be?

Nobody that appealing to me in this draft.

3. Trading future picks - how do you feel? Would you give up a first rounder next year for say pick 20 if a guy you loved was on board?

No, going to need future picks to get our future QB.

Nobody up, lots down, like Vaccaro, Warmack, Ogletree, Ertz, etc.

5. How do you feel about not having a second rounder? Well spent on
Gordon I'm sure, but what would you do to get another one this year?

I don't feel good at all about not having a 2nd this year...no game changers but a lot of depth at key positions in this draft.

I would trade down or package a player (e.g., DQ) and a lower round pick to get into the 2nd.
duke2056

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. To drop down to pick 20, I happily do it for a 2014 1st from a non top 5 team.

2. Nobody worth moving up for even for basically free

3. Yes I would give our future 1st for pick 20. No one would do that though. Best I think we could get is in the 30s

4. Up nobody. Down?? A defender, no specific player. Until we get a stud QB, I am happy to keep trading down and picking up a future 1st until we are in a position to get one.

5. We can live without a 2nd rounder this year. What do you prefer, Gordon or a 2nd this year??? I think we are ok. I couldnt argue with dealing down to around 15 to pick up a 2nd. I dont see it happening though

Zero chance the Browns draft a QB at pick 4, or trade up for a QB.

And Matt Ryan is so great he has one playoff win.
dawgpound1816

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd only move down from #6.

If it's 12.....Warmack or Vaccarro.
If it's 20.....Manti Teo. DQ will be gone before next offseason. Manti is way better than Ogletree. I'm not being biased....truth.
If it's 26.....Ertz. I'm a huge ND fan (off subject.....lower right leg has huge tat of the newer style ND leprechaun, my boxer is named Rudy & my new American Bulldog pup is named Manti), and as Eifert does catch everything his way, Ertz is a way better playmaker. Eifert will be a glorified Fasano. I'd take Kelce before Eifert.

Idk about valuing the picks....b/c last years trade and the new CBA really changed those dynamics crazily. You can't go by the old value chart since 1st Rd picks aren't as harsh on a teams cap any longer like they were before......1st round picks blew up like precious metals. If that's the case no way daddy on a trade up.

R.I.P. Brother Crakburn - Never Bark in the Dark Brother Crakburn....For all of us Dawgs will be barking to the heavens for you.
cattleman78

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually think if we can get a future first rounder next year that is the way to go. The q.b. class next year looks a lot better. Even if we don't need a q.b. next year there are other good players in next years draft.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
cortes02

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. At least a 2nd round pick

2. I have no desire for the Browns to move up in the draft.

3. I would be ok with trading lower round picks (4-7) but that's it.

4. I'd move down and select Dion Jordan.

5. I would love for teh Browns to trade down and get a 2nd rounder back.

Peace!!

Sig By Kempes
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: Trading Up or Down Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:
I'd love to get the boards opinion on moving around in the draft. Particularly in these areas:

This is s tricky question, but the BASE price would be IMO
Spot 12 from 6- I Would require a 2nd round pick this year (if for a QB, would need the QB premium, of an additional 2nd our 3rd the following year)

Spot 20 from 6- I Would require a 1rst next year, and a 3rd and 5th this year (if for a QB- 2nd and 4th this year)

Spot 26 from 6 I Would require a 1rst and 4th next year, and a 2nd and 4th this year (if for a QB- 2nd and 4th this year)

Nothing, we are in position to help our cause with who we get, if were trading our first this year, we might as well have made the deal for RGIII last season....were locking into building through the draft

See Above

As this point in time, I dont think there is any one player who puts us over the top...and therefore, no need to move up.....The move down and get question is a bit strange....without anymore paremeters then I would LIKE to move down and get two picks in round 2, pick up a tone of picks next year and in 2015 and still draft Dieon Jordan and Chance Warmack in the 2nd LOL....

5. How do you feel about not having a second rounder? Well spent on Gordon I'm sure, but what would you do to get another one this year?

With what Gordon looks like he's going to turn into.....I feel fine..we got a top 20 tallent in the 2nd round....if he was coming out this year IMO he would be the #2 or #3 rated Wr in the draft possibly...

Anything else anyone wants to add.

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
shoffma1999

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Trading Up or Down Reply with quote

I would be willing to move down to 12 for a 2nd in 2013 and 2nd in 2014; to 20-26 for a 2nd this year and a 1st in 2014.

There is no one that is so compelling to me that we would need to trade up. I would love to be able to trade down and then nab a quality player that falls like Jarvis Jones.

The only way I would be willing to do this is if we traded down to pick up an extra 2nd and 1st in 2014, and then used the extra 1st we picked up to move up and nab a top player who won't make it to us. Something like, we traded down to #20, but then need to move ahead of Pittsburgh to get Jarvis Jones. We would still land a great player for us, keep him from a division rival, and would have recouped a 2nd for this year.

I would love to move down a little, pick up a 2nd rounder in 2013 and a 2nd in 2014, and still land Jarvis Jones. I think that would give us the coup of the draft's first day and position us nicely for the 2nd day as well.

See above answer. The reason I really want to recoup that 2nd round pick this year is so that we can add a top notch TE to continue the development of our young offense. I do love the potential Gordon has shown though, and he should only get better.

My ideal draft:

1.) Jarvis Jones, OLB Georgia
2.) Tyler Eifert, TE Notre Dame
3.) Bacarri Rambo, FS Georgia
4.) William Gholston, DE Michigan St.
5.) Micah Hyde, CB Iowa
6a.) Tyrann Mathieu, CB LSU
6b.) Blaize Foltz, G TCU

We would have the foundation of a dominant defense, our offense would be a veteran FA WR and improvement by the QB away from being very competent, and have solid strength and depth on the oline.

[/b]

- Props to 64 CHAMPS for the awesome sig -

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: