Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Better than Kipers Mock, 2 Rounds
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
packattack86

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Better than Kipers Mock, 2 Rounds Reply with quote

Please only give positive feedback or suggestions on what your team needs. I realize a lot will change before the draft and everyone has their own preference as far as player rankings.

1. KC - Geno Smith, QB, WVA - I believe Geno will have a great combine, and this is the chiefs biggest need. QB's will always go higher than they should due to it being the most important position. Smith has nice upside and gives KC something to be excited about.

2. JAX - Bjoern Werner, DE, FSU - The Jags need DE help across from Babin, and Werner is the type of player than can be a mainstay there for years.

3. OAK - Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah - The Raiders will almost certainly move on from Richard Seymour and Tommy Kelly, and thus, will neeed a new DT. Star also happens to be the best player on the board.

4. PHI - Luke Joeckel, OT, TA&M - The Eagles would be well served to bolster their o-line here, as Joeckel is too good to pass up.

5. DET - Dee Milliner, CB, Bama - The Lions have needs at CB and DE, so this pick is assuming that they bring back Avril. The Lions can also find a good DE early in rd 2 IMO.

6. CLE - Damontre Moore, OLB/DE, TA&M - The Browns shift to a 3-4 leaves them needing another edge rusher to help Jabaal Sheard. Moore has the athleticism and skills to be a terrific OLB.

7. ARI - Eric Fisher, OT, CMU - The Cards must address the o-line before they even think about putting a new QB back there, and Fisher has the look of a long term bookend tackle.

8. BUF - Jarvis Jones, OLB, UGA - The Billa always seem to surprise on draft day, and this time they address their LB problem by grabbing a great player here. Jones swarms to the ball, and also offers great pass rushing off the edge.

9. NYJ - Barkevious Mingo, OLB, LSU - The Jets need OLB help across from Calvin Pace, and Mingo has as much upside as any pass rusher in the draft.

10. TEN - Sheldon Richardson, DT, Mizzou - The Titans could use more talent along the d-line, and Richardson is an ideal fit as a 4-3 DT.

11. SD - Chance Warmack, OG, Bama - The Bolts could use a tackle here as well but Warmack also fills a need and offers great value here. He will help open running lanes for Matthews, as well as give Rivers an elite pass protector inside.

12. MIA - Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas - I am assuming the fins sign a big FA WR and thus, will not have to reach for one here. The fins land a dynamic safety that will help their secondary greatly.

13. TB - Xavier Rhodes, CB, FSU - I think Rhodes will climb boards after the combine, and the Bucs have a big need at CB.

14. CAR - Shariff Floyd, DT, UF - The Panthers could use more talent inside, as they are set at DE. Floyd can be very disruptive inside and help a young panthers defense get better.

15. NO - Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon - The Saints move to a 3-4 will require them to find players better suited to play in space and rush. Jordan has great length and he can put on a little more weight and become a nice OLB.

16. STL - Lane Johnson, OT, OU - The Rams need tackle help across from Saffold, and Johnson has been rising up draft boards lately. With multiple picks the Rams take care of a big need here.

17. PIT - Keenan Allen, WR, CAL - I think Mike Wallace is all but gone, so the Steelers could really use a WR, as I don't think Brown and Sanders are enough. Allen is big, physical, and has great hands.

18. DAL - Johnathan Cooper, OG/C, UNC - The Boys could go DL here, but Cooper has the tools to become an elite inside lineman and the boys have a need there as well.

19. NYG - Alec Ogletree, ILB, UGA - The Giants have neglected the LB position for years, and w/ the release of Michael Boley I believe they are in the market for a long term playmaker at the position.

20. CHI - Manti Te'o, ILB, ND - The Bears could definately go OT here, but Te'o offers nice value and I believe he's a very good player. i don't think the hoax will affect his draft that much because it's not like he was out doing drugs or getting in trouble w/ the law. The Bears need to replace the great Brian Urlacher, and Te'o can help.

21. CIN - Eddie Lacy, RB, Bama - The Bengals don't have many pressing needs, so this could be a luxury pick. BJGE is a decent RB, but Lacy is younger and offers more burst and quickness, which would give cincy a big boost in the running game.

22. STL - Cordarelle Patterson, WR, UT - The Rams need more weapons at WR, and Patterson has nice upside and size for the position.

23. MIN - Sylvester Williams, DT, UNC - With no WR worthy of this pick the Vikings think about going CB here but Williams is too good to pass up. With Kevin Williams getting older the vikings need more depth at DT.

24. IND - John Jenkins, DT/NT, UGA - The Colts need more beef on the d-line, and Jenkins is just that. He will be able to play NT and also kick out to DE in the colts 3-4 defense.

25. SEA - Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU - I know the Hawks went DE last year, but Irvin is best as a 3rd down rusher, plus Chris Clemons blew out his acl in the playoffs so he may start the season on PUP. Ansah has JPP like talent, although he is a bit raw.

26. GB - Johnathan Hankins, DT, The Ohio State University - The Packers would love to land a steal like Hankins down here, as he would give them a future replacement for Ryan Pickett at NT, while also having enough athleticism to play DE as well.

27. HOU - Tavon Austin, WR, WVA - Austin is a dynamic playmaker in the mold of a Percy Harvin or Randall Cobb, although a bit smaller. the Texans could use a deadly slot weapon like Austin to compliment Andre on the outside. I think Austin will blow the combine away and vault himself into rd1.

28. DEN - Johnthan Banks, CB, Miss St - The Broncos realize Champ is losing a step, so they add his future replacement here.

29. NE - Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB, UCONN - The Pats need help at CB so they take the best guy on the board.

30. ATL - Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU - The Falcons would love to add a TE here, but Montgomery fills an even bigger need at DE and he is great value this late.

31. SF - Justin Hunter, WR, UT - The niners could use more weapons at WR, and Hunter has the size to be a great red zone threat.

32. BAL - Kevin Minter, ILB, LSU - The Ravens could lose some key FA's, and w/ Ray Lewis gone and Danell Ellerbe possibly leaving they will have a huge void at ILB. Minter was a stud for LSU, and he could be a steal here.

RD2

33. JAX - Tyler Wilson, QB, Ark - The Jags are not sold on Gabbert at QB, and Wilson has some nice tools to work with, making him worth the gamble here.

34. KC - DJ Fluker, OT, Bama - The Chiefs could use more help at tackle, especially if Brandon Albert leaves.

35. PHI - Logan Ryan, CB, Rutgers - The Eagles need some CB help, and Ryan is an underrated prospect that can help.

36. DET - Alex Okafor, DE, Texas - After addressing CB in rd 1 the Lions address the need at DE.

37. CIN - Arthur Brown, OLB, KSU - The Bengals could use more speed and talent at LB. Brown can fly to the ball and he plays with a lot of aggression and toughness.

38. ARI - Mike Glennon, QB, NC St - The Cards addressed OT first, now they add a QB with a big arm.

39. CLE - Used in Supplemental - Josh Gordon

40. NYJ - Matt Barkley, QB, USC - The Jets go back to USC to try and fix their QB problem.

41. TEN - Giovani Bernard, RB, UNC - The Titans may release CJ2K, although I doubt it. Nevertheless they must add depth and insuranc ebehind him.

42. BUF - Ryan Nassib, QB, Syracuse - The Bills need a franchise QB, and Nassib has been linked to the Bills since his former college coach is the head man in Buffalo.

43. MIA - Tyler Eifert, TE, ND - Eifert is too good to pass up here, and w/ Anthony Fasano a FA the fins need a younger target for Tannehill.

44. TB - Khaseem Greene, LB, Rutgers - The Bucs found a nice LB last yr in Lavonte David, but they still need more help.

45. CAR - Robert Woods, WR, USC - The Panthers must find more weapons for Cam, and Woods is a steal here.

46. NO - Forfeited

47. SD - Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford - The Bolts must add TE depth bcuz Gates cannot play forever, and Ertz is great value here.

48. STL - Matt Elam, S, UF - The Rams young defense could use an upgrade at safety, and Elam offers that here.

49. DAL - Kawann Short, DT, Purdue - The Boys need a replacement for Jay Ratliff, and their switch to a 4-3 makes Short a solid pick.

50. PIT - Jesse Williams, NT, Bama - The Steelers might cut the aging Casey Hampton and therefore will need a new NT. Williams is strong and can help stuff the run well.

51. NYG - DJ Hayden, CB, Houston - The Giants could use more depth at CB, and Hayden has been rising up boards.

52. CHI - Menelik Watson, OT, FSU - The Bears need to get better on the o-line if their offense is going to be consistent.

53. WAS - Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington - The Skins secondary was bad last year, so they address that w/ their 1st pick.

54. MIN - DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson - The Vikes could use more receibing threats for Ponder.

55. CIN - Eric Reid, S, LSU - The Bengals could use an upgrade at safety next to Reggie Nelson, and Reid has the talent to start.

56. MIA - Corey Lemonier, OLB, Auburn - The fins need more pass rushers to compliment Cam Wake, and Lemonier is nice value here.

57. GB - Barrett Jones, OG/C/RT, Bama - The Packers get a steal here as Jones can come in and compete for the center job, as well as provide versatility along multiple positions.

58. SEA - Terrance Williams, WR, Baylor - The Hawks could use a vertical threat for Wilson, and Williams has the spped to get downfield.

59. HOU - David Amerson, CB/S, NC St - The Texans secondary could use more depth and talent, and Amerson may be able to switch to safety if needed.

60. DEN - Bennie Logan, DT, LSU - The Broncos could use more depth and youth at DT, and Logan has some nice upside.

61. NE - Markus Wheaton, WR, Ore St - The Pats need more youth at WR, and Wheaton looks to be a nice vertical target for Brady.

62. ATL - Gavin Escobar, TE, SDSU - May be a bit high for him but I believe he will climb after the combine. The birds need to groom a replacement for Gonzo.

63. SF - Marc Anthony, CB, Cal - The niners could use more depth at CB, as that is the main weak link on their stellar defense.

64. BAL - Johnathan Cyprien, S, FIU - The Ravens may lose Ed Reed, and even if they don't a future starter is needed, and Cyprien had a great showing at the senior bowl which has risen his stock.

Last edited by packattack86 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Lacy so i wouldn't be super disappointed taking him at 21. However, i'd much rather have Patterson, Ansah or Banks. The rest is great. Nice job.
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]
BengalsEra

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very possible draft for the Bengals. I'd like it with the people they slected, just maybe not when they selected them.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good draft for the Vikings. I could live with Williams in round one, he actually isnt a bad fit next to Kevin. Hopkins is a great selection in round 2.
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GREAT two rounds

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks good for the Falcons no complaints on either pick. Follow those 2 up with maybe a RB and a big bodied Dt who can play in a 4-3 and a 3-4 NT spot like a Geathers? And we are looking strong for the start of next year.
COCO21

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would much rather have the eagles get elam in the second if he is there
FLOODx

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Saints pick

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
Phinsfan93

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would much rather Tank Carradine for the Dolphins with their second 2nd. Good draft nonetheless.
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Oakland pick! Star would really be great building block for our defence.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jets won't go near another USC QB. I'm ok with the Mingo pick, but he won't line on the other side of Pace like you said as Pace is getting cut.
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jones and Nassib are my preferable 1-2 right now
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedGreenShow wrote:
I really like Lacy so i wouldn't be super disappointed taking him at 21. However, i'd much rather have Patterson, Ansah or Banks. The rest is great. Nice job.

Give me Banks and a speed back later

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikings take:

R1 - Johnathan Hankins (DT/NT)
R2 - DeAndre Hopkins (WR)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
RedGreenShow wrote:

Give me Banks and a speed back later

I'd be happy with Banks or Patterson over Lacy at 21. Brown and Reid in rd 2 would just be f'ing amazing.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: