Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cap Space
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpicyMcHaggis

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why cut Abraham?!?!? He is our best DE and that is our #1 need. He's worth the 'cap hit'. I want winners!
RIZE FALCONS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok but i would cut Abraham if it would open lots of doors to go get a better DE like Avril and just because Abraham is our best DE doesn't mean he would be better than Avril and large cap space I am sure Abraham would not be the best DE on probaly 3/4 of the teams out there!
RIZE FALCONS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WE CAN'T WIN THE SUPERBOWL WITH THE DEFENSE WE HAVE PLAINAND SIMPLE AND I WANT WINNERS TO BUT GUYS LIKE NICHOLAS,ROBINSON,DENT, ABRAHAM TO NAME SOME ARE NOT GOING TO WIN A SUPERBOWL THEY ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH

ABRAHAM SHOULD BE A SITUTIONAL PASS RUSHER FOR US AND IF WE HAD CAP ROOM THEN I WOULD SAY KEEP ABRAHAM !!!!!!!!!!!!

WE CAN'T WIN WITH THIS DEFENSE
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIZE FALCONS wrote:
WE CAN'T WIN THE SUPERBOWL WITH THE DEFENSE WE HAVE PLAINAND SIMPLE AND I WANT WINNERS TO BUT GUYS LIKE NICHOLAS,ROBINSON,DENT, ABRAHAM TO NAME SOME ARE NOT GOING TO WIN A SUPERBOWL THEY ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH

ABRAHAM SHOULD BE A SITUTIONAL PASS RUSHER FOR US AND IF WE HAD CAP ROOM THEN I WOULD SAY KEEP ABRAHAM !!!!!!!!!!!!

When you don't make sense just start using all caps, that always makes your argument look better.

Please explain how Abraham, Nicholas, Robinson and net are not good enough to win a sb.
RIZE FALCONS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
RIZE FALCONS wrote:

When you don't make sense just start using all caps, that always makes your argument look better.

Please explain how Abraham, Nicholas, Robinson and net are not good enough to win a sb.

Well let me see Nicholas can't cover anybody can't run can't defend the run!
Robinson can't cover man to man doesn't wrap up when he tackles goes for the knock out blow every time gonna get hurt he is a nickel corner making top salary on the defense cutting him makes perfect sense it would save us 13 million against the cap or around that!
Abraham is a good pass rusher but i think we could a younger guy for less money in FA to get us 11 sacks and have money to resign grimes if we cut these guys
This is all my opinion and this past year showed against the good teams our defense was a liability due to these guys except for abraham he is clearly a cap casuality thats it
IMO i think we cut these guys go after Freeney or Avril resign Grimes and draft a DE and I may be wrong but if we cut these guys we may have enough money under the cap to do this! I am not a expert but this is my opinion Makes perfect sense to me!
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can agree on Robinson. I can't agree on Abraham or Nicholas though. They are more valuable on the team than off.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
RIZE FALCONS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree to with Abraham I think he very valuable but what i am thinking is getting a guy that can give us what he did and still have enough to resign grimes It may be wishful thinking I don't know. I am not a fan of Nicholas he has been decent for us not talked about much good or bad I just know that in the playoffs the TE position killed us I am not a X's and O's guy I just think we need to get faster and younger at the OLB position, Also I realize that Abraham and Nicholas are locker room guys I am just trying to see if we go that route can we get the most bang for our buck. I have this question for you guys if we were to release all three with turner and it is a big if would that put us under thecap around 20 million or worse?
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIZE FALCONS wrote:
I agree to with Abraham I think he very valuable but what i am thinking is getting a guy that can give us what he did and still have enough to resign grimes It may be wishful thinking I don't know. I am not a fan of Nicholas he has been decent for us not talked about much good or bad I just know that in the playoffs the TE position killed us I am not a X's and O's guy I just think we need to get faster and younger at the OLB position, Also I realize that Abraham and Nicholas are locker room guys I am just trying to see if we go that route can we get the most bang for our buck. I have this question for you guys if we were to release all three with turner and it is a big if would that put us under thecap around 20 million or worse?
because that guy doesn't exist. Like I said, you keep Abraham., you can get 20M under by cutting just Robinson and Turner and then r-esigning Ryan to a properly structured extension.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
RIZE FALCONS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If not then I say keep him I am fan of Abrahams and if we can get 20 million under the cap without releasing him then i say do it I think we can resign all of our key guys and a FA guy with that much cap space then with Abraham and Nicholas and our draft picks it could be a good offseason but releasing dunta is key
Jgoldiscool

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutting Abe should be a last resort. We have no one that can replace him on this team. I am 50/50 though. I don't know how his contract plays out or if a restructure could be possible.

XBL GT: l JGOLD l Adopt a Falcon | LB | Paul Worrilow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: