Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

SoCalNiner's Dream 2013 Off-Season
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: SoCalNiner's Dream 2013 Off-Season Reply with quote

SoCal's Dream 2013 Off-Season

If you don't want to look at all the nice pictures and fancy colors I've slaved over for hours, you can scroll to the bottom for a draft recap.

Coaching Changes

The San Francisco 49ers bring in offensive guru Chris Ault to act as an offensive assistant to Greg Roman. This move does two things. It allows the 49er pistol offense to grow under the man who invented it, and prepares for Roman's inevitable departure next year. There were some teams that wanted Roman this year, and the chances that he doesn't get an HC gig next year is slim. Ault will act as an assistant for now, but will take over as our new OC upon Roman's departure.

Re-Signing Period

Re-signed:
Dashon Goldson
Ricky Jean-Francois
Tavares Gooden
Larry Grant

Allowed to walk:
Randy Moss
Ted Ginn
Isaac Sopoaga
Delanie Walker
Clark Haggans
Leonard Davis

Free Agency

I can't predict this right now because I'm not sure who will walk from other teams.

Trades

The 49ers get on the phone with the Kansas City Chiefs and trade away Alex Smith.

The 49ers send:
Alex Smith
2013 2nd Round Pick (63)

The Chiefs send:
2013 2nd Round Pick (34)
Conditional 2014 3rd round pick, with the possibility to turn into a 2nd

This works for both teams favors. With 14 picks in the 2013 draft, the 49ers don't need anymore. We get to ship our former QB to an AFC team to torment the Raiders, and we pick up another pick next year, which has a good chance of jumping to a 2nd rounder due to a weak division. Kansas City get's a very good QB to run Reid's system, and will buy time for whatever rookie they choose to draft.

NFL Draft

Round 1.31 Another trade!
With so many picks, the 49ers trade up with Cincinnati for a player they feel can take our defense to a new level.

49ers send:
2013 1st round (31)
2013 3rd Round (95)
2013 5th round (159)

Bengals send:
2013 1st round (21)

With the 21st pick of the 2012 NFL Draft, the San Francisco 49ers draft...

1.21 Johnathan Hankins, DT, Ohio State

This gives the 49ers our franchise DT. Surely teams can't double team he and Justin Smith right? This allows Justin Smith to hold offensive linemen, which in turn allows Aldon Smith to get sacks on stunts. Because that's the only way Aldon gets sacks.

2.34 (Via KC) Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee

With Mario Manningham far from a lock to return from his horrible injury, the 49ers are only left with 3 wr's. Patterson gives us the deep threat that we've always needed. This isn't a knock on Jenkins at all, as Jenkins is more a slot guy anyway.

3.74 (Via CAR) Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB, Connecticut

Say that one time fast. Wilson probably won't be a start this year, but the tools are there. He's not a burner, but he has good enough speed to lock down some our NFCW WR's. Call me crazy, but I think this kid could be a shut down corner with the proper coaching. Enter Donatell, for this year.

3.COMP William Gholston, DE, Michigan State

This guy has the potential to be a pretty good edge rusher, but he need to work on honing his craft. It still remains to be seen if he can be an every down back.

4.127 Travis Kelce, TE, Cincinnati

Kelce is a pretty fluid receiver for his size, and I think he can fill in for Walker just fine.

5.152 Dustin Hopkins, K, Florida State

I don't even need to explain this pick.

6.172 Tyrann Mathieu, CB/S, Home Schooled

I know this may not fly well with some of you, but the talent can't be denied here. If anyone can turn this guy around, it's us. I'm not sure if he'll play corner or safety for us, but he's someone who'll sit and learn from the veterans.

6.191 Marcus Lattimore, RB, South Carolina

Definition of low risk, very high reward. He's going to need a year to sit, and this is the perfect team for that. I think that he can return and be our guy after Gore retire in a year or two.

Rest of the picks:
7.213 Shamarko Thomas, S, Syracuse
7.223 Matt Scott, QB, Arizona
7.COMP Alec Lemon, WR, Syracuse
7.COMP Graham Pocic, C, Illinois

Draft Recap:

1.21 Johnathan Hankins, DT, Ohio State
2.34 (Via KC) Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
3.74 (Via CAR) Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB, Connecticut
3.COMP William Gholston, DE, Michigan State
4.127 Travis Kelce, TE, Cincinnati
5.152 Dustin Hopkins, K, Florida State
6.172 Tyrann Mathieu, CB/S, Home Schooled
6.191 Marcus Lattimore, RB, South Carolina
7.213 Shamarko Thomas, S, Syracuse
7.223 Matt Scott, QB, Arizona
7.COMP Alec Lemon, WR, Syracuse
7.COMP Graham Pocic, C, Illinois

Highly unlikely that we come away with 12 players Laughing, but these are the guys I'd want if we picked 12. I tried trading away as many picks as I could, but I'm sure we'll do more moving come draft day.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like it all except hankins. i just feel like this guy is going to bust hard

if we grabbed patterson doh Shocked. would love that, dude has cuts and speed for dayssssssssssss. i think he is going to continue to rise and end up being the second wr off the board

looks good. good job socal

new sig... sorry alex
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Applause
TDNiners

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hankins has big time motor issues. Patterson is looking like he's the #1 WR in the draft (top 20 pick) and Wilson has jumped up into the 2nd round after a nice Senior Bowl. Lots of wishful thinking.
oldman9er

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- I like your departures/re-signs and Alex trade enough.

- I'm getting wary of Hankins.. and if we are trading up for a DL? I'm getting stubbornly locked in on Richardson or Datone Jones. Or even stay put and select Kawaan Short, Jessie Williams, or Tyler Eifert. Then, we could trade back up, as I like the talent expected in that 25-45 range.

- Really like the Patterson selection... if he's really available there? Awesome.

- Not a big fan of BWW. I'd like to think there are better available CBs... Jamar Taylor and McFadden come to mind.

- Haven't been all that impressed with Gholston.

- Love the Kelce pick, if he's there.

- Really like the remaining, late picks... and nice presentation. Overall, I'd always hope for the best and recognize that I don't know for sure how these guys will evolve.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TDNiners wrote:
Hankins has big time motor issues. Patterson is looking like he's the #1 WR in the draft (top 20 pick) and Wilson has jumped up into the 2nd round after a nice Senior Bowl. Lots of wishful thinking.

Patterson isn't a can't miss talent, he still has a few things to work on. So him falling isn't out of the realm of possibility. How many times has someone said stated that a certain player won't fall, then all of a sudden that player does indeed end up falling.

Also, the Senior Bowl isn't the sole reason people choose players. I remember many getting on the Lavelle Hawkins hype because of a good performance.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
- I like your departures/re-signs and Alex trade enough.

- I'm getting wary of Hankins.. and if we are trading up for a DL? I'm getting stubbornly locked in on Richardson or Datone Jones. Or even stay put and select Kawaan Short, Jessie Williams, or Tyler Eifert. Then, we could trade back up, as I like the talent expected in that 25-45 range.

- Really like the Patterson selection... if he's really available there? Awesome.

- Not a big fan of BWW. I'd like to think there are better available CBs... Jamar Taylor and McFadden come to mind.

- Haven't been all that impressed with Gholston.

- Love the Kelce pick, if he's there.

- Really like the remaining, late picks... and nice presentation. Overall, I'd always hope for the best and recognize that I don't know for sure how these guys will evolve.

What do you think of Pryor from Oregon State? He's another guy that I was eyeing with the BWW pick?

Sheldon Richardson is a guy I love, but I was looking for Sop's replacement. I feel that a good DT will really help out this pass rush. I know you weren't his biggest fan, but when Franklin was playing lights out our pass rush was pretty darn good.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see the Hankins pick isn't popular....the more reason I think we'll pick him. Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
oldman9er wrote:

What do you think of Pryor from Oregon State? He's another guy that I was eyeing with the BWW pick?

Jordan Poyer? Love him... I suspect he will be gone by the mid-2nd.... but ya never know.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
oldman9er wrote:

Jordan Poyer? Love him... I suspect he will be gone by the mid-2nd.... but ya never know.

Yes Poyer, sorry, stupid spell check.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Lattimore falls that far, awesome. If we can Matheiu that late, awesome. I pretty much like every pick. nice job Cool

janky wrote:
Bridgewater won't be better than Brandon Weeden
Gore Whore 21

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
TDNiners wrote:

Patterson isn't a can't miss talent, he still has a few things to work on. So him falling isn't out of the realm of possibility. How many times has someone said stated that a certain player won't fall, then all of a sudden that player does indeed end up falling.

Also, the Senior Bowl isn't the sole reason people choose players. I remember many getting on the Lavelle Hawkins hype because of a good performance.

I agree 100%. Love Patterson as a prospect because he's got a boat-load of potential, but he lacks elite production and isn't the most polished receiver. I think late 1 early 2 is right where he should be drafted. Now, I'm not saying someone wont take him before then, but that's where I think he should go.

I actually have a similar situation in the draft that I'm working on. I have us trading Alex and a 5th for KC's 2nd, while taking Xavier Rhodes at our pick and Cordarrelle Patterson with the pick we received from KC.

I think it's wishful thinking that Lattimore will last that long. He reminds me so much of Frank Gore, not only in the way he plays, but also his situation leaving school. We drafted Gore in the 3rd round, I think if we want Lattimore we will need to do the same (Which I also have us doing).

Love Tyrann Mathieu. Wouldn't mind giving him a shot what-so-ever. Dude is a playmaker, and taking him in the 6th would be that low risk high reward type of situation you've seen us try the last couple of years.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
rudyZ

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FG21_PW52 wrote:
If Lattimore falls that far, awesome. If we can Matheiu that late, awesome. I pretty much like every pick. nice job Cool

Why do I feel like every team forum on this site has Lattimore and Mathieu going to them in the late rounds? Everybody thinks these two will be ignored because of the former's injury and the latter's off the field issues, yet everybody agrees they are very good talents. I say Lattimore will be taken by the fourth and Mathieu by the 5th. And both won't be on the same team.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Gore Whore 21

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
FG21_PW52 wrote:

Why do I feel like every team forum on this site has Lattimore and Mathieu going to them in the late rounds? Everybody thinks these two will be ignored because of the former's injury and the latter's off the field issues, yet everybody agrees they are very good talents. I say Lattimore will be taken by the fourth and Mathieu by the 5th. And both won't be on the same team.

I agree, I have us taking Lattimore in the third round. I feel like we are a team that can afford to let Lattimore get healthy and he is definitely one of those 'gold star' guys that Harbaalke like.

As far as Mathieu goes, I really don't know. I'd love to give him a shot, but i'm not convinced that Harbaalke would. He keeps getting in trouble for the same thing and didn't even play ball last year. We didn't give Janoris Jenkins a shot last year (I wanted us to) and he stopped getting in trouble, and played well, albeit in division II, after his transfer.

I think if we are going to give one of these guys a shot it'd be Lattimore and like I mentioned before, it'd have to be no later than the third round.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
big9erfan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the coaching addition. Like the signings (but go ahead and take your wildest guess at FA signings - would love to see what you see us adding there). Like your choice for guys you let go. Pretty much like the draft ... except I really don't want us to "waste" our first pick on Hankins. In the first place I watch a lot of Big 10 ball and while I think he's good I rarely saw him dominate a game. My other reason will be controversial ... I just don't value a NT that highly. Before you all jump on that you have to remember that we play a true 3-4 probably only half the time. I don't know what Soap's play count was compared to Raymac or Justin, but I'll bet it was much lower. I'd prefer to see us give the spottor RJF who I think can do a credible job and use our first on a DE which is a much more important position for us and where Justin's departure or injury would really hurt us.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: