Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cowboys sign 2 linemen to future contracts
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
canadaluvsdalla

Location: I state my opinion. You Listen. I won't change my stance.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Cowboys sign 2 linemen to future contracts Reply with quote

Cowboys Sign 2 linemen

Quote:
The Dallas Cowboys signed guard Charlie Bryant and defensive tackle Nick Hayden to their reserve/future list on Monday.

Bryant (6-8, 320 pounds) was waived by the San Diego Chargers before the start of the 2012 season.

Hayden is a 2008 sixth-round draft pick of the Carolina Panthers. Last year, Hayden (6-4, 292) was on the Cincinnati Bengals roster and reached an injury settlement with the team on Aug. 31.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4705637/cowboys-sign-two-linemen

I feel like judging by thier body shape they should switch thier positions with each other Laughing

Dirk Gently on 2012 Cowboys O-line wrote:
I think last year we gave up pressure to 3 jewish ladies from brooklyn.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Cowboys sign 2 linemen to future contracts Reply with quote

canadaluvsdalla wrote:
I feel like judging by thier body shape they should switch thier positions with each other Laughing

Camp bodies. Nothing more.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
ShineOnStar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Cowboys sign 2 linemen to future contracts Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
canadaluvsdalla wrote:

Mark my words, Jerry considers the O-Line fixed after this.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Cowboys sign 2 linemen to future contracts Reply with quote

ShineOnStar wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
canadaluvsdalla wrote:

Okay, I admit... this comment made me laugh. hard.

And, I think what Plan9 meant to say was "HOFers. Nothing less."
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He may not make the team, but this is at least somewhat encouraging.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/article-NickEatman/Cowboys-Add-2-More-%E2%80%9CFutures%E2%80%9D-Players-Including-DT-Hayden/bd799861-c4de-4637-9bfe-869694702830

Quote:
Hayden has four years of NFL experience, including 28 career games played and 13 starts, all occurring with the Panthers
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While it is encouraging to see him scouring the league for possible diamonds in the rough, I agree with Shine onthis one. Jerry will look at this and talk about how smart this kid is and how quick and bla bla bla so he can draft another frickin LB or CB in the 1st round. Brick wall
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:37 am    Post subject: Re: Cowboys sign 2 linemen to future contracts Reply with quote

ShineOnStar wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
canadaluvsdalla wrote:

Bet he'll talk up Leary, before the draft, and say Cowboys are not desperate for Olineman. They may have the solution in house.
PincheJimmy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: Cowboys sign 2 linemen to future contracts Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
ShineOnStar wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
canadaluvsdalla wrote:

Bet he'll talk up Leary, before the draft, and say Cowboys are not desperate for Olineman. They may have the solution in house.

What do you expect him to say ? " These guys sucks but we need some bodies for camp " . Any GM is gonna talk up any player that comes to camp. Name me one GM that is going to say different about a player they bring into camp. They are going to say the same thing " kid has potential
" and all the other basic stuff that is said about players brought into camp, sheesh , people love to twist everything around smh
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: Cowboys sign 2 linemen to future contracts Reply with quote

PincheJimmy wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:
ShineOnStar wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
canadaluvsdalla wrote:

What do you expect him to say ? " These guys sucks but we need some bodies for camp " . Any GM is gonna talk up any player that comes to camp. Name me one GM that is going to say different about a player they bring into camp. They are going to say the same thing " kid has potential
" and all the other basic stuff that is said about players brought into camp, sheesh , people love to twist everything around smh

The smarter way of handling things is to avoid answering the question at all, Jimmy. Smart GMs side step those issues by providing answers like "we're evaluating every position and will always look to draft the best player available in order to help our organization going forward". Statements like that provide the interviewer with an answer, but there's no substance to the answer, thus allowing the team to do whatever it wants at any time.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: Cowboys sign 2 linemen to future contracts Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
PincheJimmy wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:
ShineOnStar wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
canadaluvsdalla wrote:

The smarter way of handling things is to avoid answering the question at all, Jimmy. Smart GMs side step those issues by providing answers like "we're evaluating every position and will always look to draft the best player available in order to help our organization going forward". Statements like that provide the interviewer with an answer, but there's no substance to the answer, thus allowing the team to do whatever it wants at any time.

Jerry is absolutely desperate for attention. I know it has been said a million times, but he is more interested in the hyping the Cowboys and increasing his celebrity status, rather than actually doing what is necessary to win.
PincheJimmy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: Cowboys sign 2 linemen to future contracts Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
PincheJimmy wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:
ShineOnStar wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
canadaluvsdalla wrote:

Your right Plan but the assumption by some is that Jerry thinkS the line is fixed by these 2 signings and all I'm saying is I highly doubt the Cowboys FO have solved their line problems with these 2 signings
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Cowboys sign 2 linemen to future contracts Reply with quote

PincheJimmy wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
PincheJimmy wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:
ShineOnStar wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
canadaluvsdalla wrote:

Your right Plan but the assumption by some is that Jerry thinkS the line is fixed by these 2 signings and all I'm saying is I highly doubt the Cowboys FO have solved their line problems with these 2 signings

Jerry already thought the o line had serious talent before these signings. Jerry will never change. There is no fan assumption. There is Jerry fact. The fact is Jerry already thinks the o line has serious talent.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2012/10/jerry-jones-cowboys-offensive-line-improving-because-of-outstanding-coach-serious-talent.html/
Desperado82

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about we get back on topic here?

Let's discuss what impact (if any) we think either of these two players are going to have on the team instead of turning yet another thread into a "Jerry" thread.

^^^mack
atran35

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Desperado.

These newly acquired warriors will beeeeeeeeeee...

CUT.
PincheJimmy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Cowboys sign 2 linemen to future contracts Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
PincheJimmy wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
PincheJimmy wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:
ShineOnStar wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
canadaluvsdalla wrote:

Jerry already thought the o line had serious talent before these signings. Jerry will never change. There is no fan assumption. There is Jerry fact. The fact is Jerry already thinks the o line has serious talent.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2012/10/jerry-jones-cowboys-offensive-line-improving-because-of-outstanding-coach-serious-talent.html/

Nice, your pulling up an article from OCTOBER . Well, I don't know why Jerry is signing more lineman if Jerry thinks the Line is all ready fixed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: