Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

AND THE 2013 NFL DRAFT RESULTS ARE IN... **2/14 update**
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe Nobody

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
3. Oakland Raiders : Sheldon Richardson DT, Missouri

Ahead of Jarvis Jones? No, please.

jerseyboy257 wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:
Shocked Rolling Eyes I hate the idea of taking Barkley in the 2nd round.

I HAVE POSTED THIS IN MANY THREADS BARKLEY DOESN'T FIT ARIANS' SYSTEM GLENNON DOES

ADDED: Would still rather have Fisher or Warmack with that pick though

Yeah but Glennon looks like a goon.

He's still better than Barkley

Wouldn't be too sure about that.
Here's a very good and in depth scouting report: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1519139-2013-nfl-draft-scouting-report-usc-qb-matt-barkley

lol@ using Bleacher Report for...well...anything.
jerseyboy257

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Nobody wrote:
Quote:
3. Oakland Raiders : Sheldon Richardson DT, Missouri

Ahead of Jarvis Jones? No, please.

jerseyboy257 wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:
Shocked Rolling Eyes I hate the idea of taking Barkley in the 2nd round.

I HAVE POSTED THIS IN MANY THREADS BARKLEY DOESN'T FIT ARIANS' SYSTEM GLENNON DOES

ADDED: Would still rather have Fisher or Warmack with that pick though

Yeah but Glennon looks like a goon.

He's still better than Barkley

Wouldn't be too sure about that.
Here's a very good and in depth scouting report: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1519139-2013-nfl-draft-scouting-report-usc-qb-matt-barkley

lol@ using Bleacher Report for...well...anything.

1. Do you even understand the severity of Jones' diagnosis? Because I don't think you do. There is absolutely no way he goes top 5 anymore, and the only reason I have him falling in the top 10 is because I can see the Jets being a team to take a risk at him. He could easily even fall into the 20s. The chances of him experiencing a career-ending injury is pretty high--I advise you looking up the condition before ignoring his diagnosis.

2. Did you even read the article or did you just see bleacherrport and automatically discount it. For the second time, the person who wrote the article is a professional scout. I know him, he has his own website, and wrote an in-depth scouting report on bleacherrerport, which is a lot more detailed and professional than most scouting reports that I guess you would assume creditable just because it isn't from bleacherreport.

Please, if you're going to comment on this thread, do not be an idiot and please have an idea about what you're talking about before posting. Thank you.
smiley4805

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be happy as a Vikings fan. I'm pretty high on DeAndre Hopkins. However we all know that Rick Spielman loves Notre Dame players and Manti Te'o would be a nice value pick at #23 as well as filling a major need for the Vikings at MLB. I'm sure that Harrison Smith, Robert Blanton, and Kyle Rudolph will be lobbying for their old teammate.
sammymvpknight

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerseyboy257 wrote:
FLOODx wrote:
I'd rather Jordan, but not terrible.

I'd actually have to agree with you here--i would too. There's no doubt that Mingo possesses the elite athleticism needed to be a top 3 prospect in this draft. I am not quite sure why he fell off the radar this year opposed to last. I heard some report that teams are pretty split on where to take Mingo, but I'm sure some teams have him as high as top 5 on their boards. However, I feel like 15 and 17 are two great spots for Mingo to be successful.

I personally don't think that the Saints have a SOLB on their roster. If Hawthorne is the best guy on the team to Fill that role, then the Saints are in trouble. Jordan offers more scheme versatility...which is why I have him higher than MINGO.
AQuintus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smiley4805 wrote:
as well as filling a major need for the Vikings at MLB.

Not unless the Vikings are moving to a 3/4 defense.

Also, as much as I like Hopkins for the Vikings, I think I'd rather go Arthur Brown there, and then look at WR later. There's a good chance that Quinton Patton or Da'Rick Rogers will be available at the Vikings' 2nd round pick (or even later), and they're probably better value there than Hopkins is in the 1st.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: AND THE 2013 NFL DRAFT RESULTS ARE IN... Reply with quote

jerseyboy257 wrote:
27. Houston Texans: Arthur Brown LB, Kansas St.

Don't see Brown as the guy; The Texans will look towards former 2nd round pick Brooks Reed and former 1st round pick Whitney Mercilius to man the OLB roles.

A target opposite Andre Johnson is a dire need. Justin Hunter would be the best selection, given what is still available. Another year with Kevin Walter as the #2 WR would mean another erratic year in passing, and another weak year in the red zone.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
green24

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since he has been medically cleared, I love Jarvis Jones for the Jets.
jerseyboy257

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: AND THE 2013 NFL DRAFT RESULTS ARE IN... Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:
27. Houston Texans: Arthur Brown LB, Kansas St.

Don't see Brown as the guy; The Texans will look towards former 2nd round pick Brooks Reed and former 1st round pick Whitney Mercilius to man the OLB roles.

A target opposite Andre Johnson is a dire need. Justin Hunter would be the best selection, given what is still available. Another year with Kevin Walter as the #2 WR would mean another erratic year in passing, and another weak year in the red zone.

That's fair but I would just like to point out a couple things. I might add a second rounder because if I did I would certainly give the Texans a WR as I agree they really need a second option to Andre Johnson. I would also like to point out that although Brown played most of his college career as an OLB, he did play plenty of ILB and is expected to play ILB at the NFL level. I also just saw that NFL.com currently ranks Brown as the top inside linebacker prospect in the draft. I actually view him as the best in the draft but his stock will fall due to his size.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good Bengals pick

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
diamondcutter27

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerseyboy257 wrote:
diamondcutter27 wrote:
If we waste our first pick on ANOTHER DL or Joeckel I'm gonna punch a kitten

It's funny you say that because i'm assuming you want Geno Smith who has the bust potential of about 100x that of both Star and Joeckel. So no, adding a top prospect to your roster would not be wasting a pick. If it makes you feel any better, I think you pick up a QB with pick 33.

when it's not a need then YES it is wasting a pick

for the first time since 2003 Royals baseball is enjoyable

Thanks for ryknowsd for the awesome sig
jerseyboy257

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondcutter27 wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:
diamondcutter27 wrote:

It's funny you say that because i'm assuming you want Geno Smith who has the bust potential of about 100x that of both Star and Joeckel. So no, adding a top prospect to your roster would not be wasting a pick. If it makes you feel any better, I think you pick up a QB with pick 33.

That's not true. You're being delusional if you think that QB is the only position the Chiefs need to fill. They already stated that they will take the best player available with the first pick. There is no way that Geno Smith is their top rated prospect on their board; I bet he's not even top 10.

Edit- If it makes you feel better, if I added a second round their first pick would be a QB.
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondcutter27 wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:
diamondcutter27 wrote:

Reaching for need and ignoring value is a terrible draft plan. Joeckel and Star will both be studs at their position and I wouldn't waste a first round pick on Geno or any QB in this draft.
ajdodge09

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really couldn't see us picking Te'o. Hawk was done a solid job recently, and we have Desmond Bishop coming back next year. Brad Jones also played very well in his place. Te'o could possibly be the 4th ILB on our depth chart if we drafted him.

Edit: Sorry for the conflicting views of us Packer fans, I just personally don't see us going ILB. If TT falls in love with Te'o he could be seen as the BPA.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajdodge09 wrote:
I really couldn't see us picking Te'o. Hawk was done a solid job recently, and we have Desmond Bishop coming back next year. Brad Jones also played very well in his place. Te'o could possibly be the 4th ILB on our depth chart if we drafted him.

Edit: Sorry for the conflicting views of us Packer fans, I just personally don't see us going ILB. If TT falls in love with Te'o he could be seen as the BPA.
Agreed. Teo is terrible. I want 0 part of him. He would be our 4th ILB if we drafted him.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
jerseyboy257

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
ajdodge09 wrote:

Agreed. Teo is terrible. I want 0 part of him. He would be our 4th ILB if we drafted him.

Isn't it hard to please everyone? I feel like your LB corp could use an upgrade after giving up 45 to San Fran... Most teams are valuing Te'o from around 10-25 and I thought he would be a good fit for Green Bay. I think it's ridiculous to say he's terrible. He was arguably the best college football player in the nation, and then after one game he's now terrible? I understand how his draft stock would be impacted as he's facing a top notch front in Alabama, but to say he's terrible is foolish and way over the top...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: