Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

AND THE 2013 NFL DRAFT RESULTS ARE IN... **2/14 update**
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sayheykid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Bucs fan I have a hard time griping about any mock that has us staying at thirteen and picking up Milliner.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get me wrong i like Short as a player. The problem i see with him is i don't think he can be the centerpiece of a 3-4 line at the 3-4 NT spot when we line up in that which nolan and smitty have said they are wanting to do more of. We need a guy like Jenkins, Hankins, Geathers etc.. who can be a 4-3 Dt and a 3-4 NT to gives us much more versatility.

Switch Short out with Jenkins and keep us still taking a DT in the 1st round im ok with that. Plus Jenkins is better value overall as well. It also will not hurt ya mock as it doesn't take anyone away from any of ya other teams.

We got too many DT's just like Short already in Babs, Peters, Walker, Jerry, and Robertson. None of those can help us in our 3-4 fronts.
jerseyboy257

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sayheykid wrote:
As a Bucs fan I have a hard time griping about any mock that has us staying at thirteen and picking up Milliner.

In all honestly, I think he's a little overrateed as a prospect. Don't get me wrong, I think he's the best corner in the draft, but I think people overhype his draft value, because many people give him to detroit at five, just because they're in desperate need of a corner. But I think Milliner fits within the 5-15 range on most team's draft boards, and I honestly can't see a team, besides Detroit at 5 and Cleveland at 6, taking him before the Bucs at 13. The Chargers could definetly, but I think they'd rather have Fisher, Warmack, and maybe even Mingo.

FalconFan13 wrote:
Don't get me wrong i like Short as a player. The problem i see with him is i don't think he can be the centerpiece of a 3-4 line at the 3-4 NT spot when we line up in that which nolan and smitty have said they are wanting to do more of. We need a guy like Jenkins, Hankins, Geathers etc.. who can be a 4-3 Dt and a 3-4 NT to gives us much more versatility.

Switch Short out with Jenkins and keep us still taking a DT in the 1st round im ok with that. Plus Jenkins is better value overall as well. It also will not hurt ya mock as it doesn't take anyone away from any of ya other teams.

We got too many DT's just like Short already in Babs, Peters, Walker, Jerry, and Robertson. None of those can help us in our 3-4 fronts.

Was not aware that the type of tackle Atlanta was looking for was for the benefit of their 3-4 looks. I like Jenkins. Wish granted.
GreenbayBoy4

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the Teo pick isnt that bad for the Pack considering his coverage skills are decent
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we have the luxury of gambling on the Ziggy pick... Rhodes, Ogletree, or Cooper are all better picks for the G-Men in my mind.
Nobody

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerseyboy257 wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:
Shocked Rolling Eyes I hate the idea of taking Barkley in the 2nd round.

I HAVE POSTED THIS IN MANY THREADS BARKLEY DOESN'T FIT ARIANS' SYSTEM GLENNON DOES

ADDED: Would still rather have Fisher or Warmack with that pick though

Yeah but Glennon looks like a goon.

He's still better than Barkley

Wouldn't be too sure about that.
Here's a very good and in depth scouting report: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1519139-2013-nfl-draft-scouting-report-usc-qb-matt-barkley
1st, bleacherreport isn't a source. 2nd, as a Colts fan, I can safely say that Barkley would be a Ryan Leaf sized bust in Arians VERTICAL offense, that requires a big arm and ability to perform well under pressure. Barkley is not Luck, he doesn't have what it takes in BA's system. They need a strong armed QB who is cool under pressure, so no Landry Jones either, unless they let him develop while they fix the OL.
As for the Colts pick, it's definitely a likely pick.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:

I HAVE POSTED THIS IN MANY THREADS BARKLEY DOESN'T FIT ARIANS' SYSTEM GLENNON DOES

Here's a very good and in depth scouting report: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1519139-2013-nfl-draft-scouting-report-usc-qb-matt-barkley
1st, bleacherreport isn't a source. 2nd, as a Colts fan, I can safely say that Barkley would be a Ryan Leaf sized bust in Arians VERTICAL offense, that requires a big arm and ability to perform well under pressure. Barkley is not Luck, he doesn't have what it takes in BA's system. They need a strong armed QB who is cool under pressure, so no Landry Jones either, unless they let him develop while they fix the OL.

What do you mean it's not a source? Of course it is. Not only is it a source, but the writer is an actual scout. I know the guy. And you can have your opinion that he doesn't have the arm to succeed in Arian's system, but he has shown otherwise at time, however just not consistent on the deep ball. I think the Cardinals need to draft a QB with their 7th pick, and I think Barkley will give them a better shot at winning than Glennon, Wilson, Jones, Nassib, whoever.
scottonatable

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
Love Millner period. Especially at 13! Cool

i could not agree more
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need up to 6 new starters on defense and are returning a great LT from injury.

Why the hell would our pick an on the OL?

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
Nobody

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerseyboy257 wrote:
Nobody wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:

What do you mean it's not a source? Of course it is. Not only is it a source, but the writer is an actual scout. I know the guy. And you can have your opinion that he doesn't have the arm to succeed in Arian's system, but he has shown otherwise at time, however just not consistent on the deep ball. I think the Cardinals need to draft a QB with their 7th pick, and I think Barkley will give them a better shot at winning than Glennon, Wilson, Jones, Nassib, whoever.
No, that would be the worst pick of the draft. Barkley doesn't have the arm for a vertical offense, there is no disputing that.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:
Nobody wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:

No, that would be the worst pick of the draft. Barkley doesn't have the arm for a vertical offense, there is no disputing that.

That's 100% your opinion and I completely disagree with you. You make it seem as if the Cardinals are just going to be chucking the ball deep every throw they make. They're not just going to draft someone who can only throw a deep home-run ball, but doesn't measure up with all the other important factors necessary to translate into a successful NFL quarterback. No, he obviously doesn't have a cannon of an arm, but he can absolutely be successful, and has been successful before--not sure if you've watched any film of him, to throw comfortably in the 40-60 yard range.
diamondcutter27

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we waste our first pick on ANOTHER DL or Joeckel I'm gonna punch a kitten

for the first time since 2003 Royals baseball is enjoyable

Thanks for ryknowsd for the awesome sig
jerseyboy257

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondcutter27 wrote:
If we waste our first pick on ANOTHER DL or Joeckel I'm gonna punch a kitten

It's funny you say that because i'm assuming you want Geno Smith who has the bust potential of about 100x that of both Star and Joeckel. So no, adding a top prospect to your roster would not be wasting a pick. If it makes you feel any better, I think you pick up a QB with pick 33.
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLOODx wrote:
I'd rather Jordan, but not terrible.

Switch with ya.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: