Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Steelers fear Browns (might sign Wallace)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
roger murdock


Joined: 13 Dec 2010
Posts: 6200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Wallace got messed up in the head last year over his contract dispute, but the two years before that I don't remember him having many drops and he made lots of big plays.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fsubrowns9510


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 13308
Location: Rochester, NY
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumor has it he is going to be looking for 5/55 like VJax signed last year.
_________________


Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
candyman93


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 42066
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsubrowns9510 wrote:
Rumor has it he is going to be looking for 5/55 like VJax signed last year.


I'd have no problems with that.
_________________
El ramster wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Dude's been here for 8 years and doesn't know that his avi is too big? Not talking


You've been here 7 and still haven't picked a team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fullback40


Joined: 30 Dec 2012
Posts: 311
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wallace is a perfect fit for this team. He can stretch the field with Gordon deep and have Little and our TE's worth the slot.


Is Mike Wallace a #1 receiver? No, he is an elite #2 guy.

I would be all for this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
brownsfan1710


Joined: 07 Nov 2008
Posts: 1529
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't read the article.

RFA or UFA?

If it's the second, I'll take him. If it's the first, no thanks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
StewieRules


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 1638
Location: jacksonville
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he's a UFA Wallace - and while some talking heads think he's a bad idea, I don't. Granted his last year wasn't good but I think that had more to do with the contract stuff than his ability - two years prior the guy was dangerous. Gordon/Wallace/Little would be a scary combo, no doubt about that!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FLAbrownfan


Joined: 29 Mar 2008
Posts: 3800
Location: OCA-L.A. , Florida
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having a debate right now about this with friends... Which would you guys rather, us sign Wallace for a v-jax type of deal, or make a trade for Percy Harvin & sign him as well????

What are your guys thoughts?
_________________

R.I.P Crackburn, always in our hearts
adopt a Brown: Davone Bess - The best- one catch, one first down--- never mind person foul takes away! arrghhh Reg on the SIG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
pnies20


Joined: 19 Dec 2007
Posts: 7084
Location: Nashville through Erie, PA
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLAbrownfan wrote:
Having a debate right now about this with friends... Which would you guys rather, us sign Wallace for a v-jax type of deal, or make a trade for Percy Harvin & sign him as well????

What are your guys thoughts?


Wallace without a doubt. 5 yrs 55 mil is not bad. Wallace would instantly be the best #1 we've had in a long time.
_________________
2013 Browns Forum HOF Inductee

<3 JF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dawgpound1816


Joined: 20 Mar 2006
Posts: 3589
Location: Erie, PA formally Massillon Ohio
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this offense.....I'm down.

The easiest way for Chud to be successful this year and years to come is to give him weapons to make great mismatches. Wallace, Gordon & Little present hellonearth for defenses. Oh wait....and TRich.....and hopefully add another weapon by drafting.....Kelce maybe with our 3rd Rd pick.

Uhhhhhh......Which way did he go George....Which way did he go?
_________________


R.I.P. Brother Crakburn - Never Bark in the Dark Brother Crakburn....For all of us Dawgs will be barking to the heavens for you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bruceb


Joined: 15 Dec 2006
Posts: 6879
Location: Rocky River, OH
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawgpound1816 wrote:
In this offense.....I'm down.

The easiest way for Chud to be successful this year and years to come is to give him weapons to make great mismatches. Wallace, Gordon & Little present hellonearth for defenses. Oh wait....and TRich.....and hopefully add another weapon by drafting.....Kelce maybe with our 3rd Rd pick.

Uhhhhhh......Which way did he go George....Which way did he go?


If we couldn't score with that kind of package...except we don't have a QB!

Add Alex Smith and I'm in.
_________________
Everything happens exactly the way it is supposed to happen...otherwise, it would happen some other way
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Productiondawg


Joined: 19 Dec 2011
Posts: 409
Location: Cincinnati
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pnies20 wrote:
FLAbrownfan wrote:
Having a debate right now about this with friends... Which would you guys rather, us sign Wallace for a v-jax type of deal, or make a trade for Percy Harvin & sign him as well????

What are your guys thoughts?


Wallace without a doubt. 5 yrs 55 mil is not bad. Wallace would instantly be the best #1 we've had in a long time.


In no way would I make a trade for Harvin. He gets injured, he misses time for migraines and he gets into arguments with the nicest players coach in the league. He's complaining about his contract with two years left on it, and I can't see them trading him for less than a 1st. In comparison to Wallace who won't cost us any picks, it's a no brainer.
_________________
"If you can't stand the neural activity, than stay out of the neural activator" -Professor Fink  

Season tickets, section 315, since 06
See you in the Muni with the Tailgate DJs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dawgpound1816


Joined: 20 Mar 2006
Posts: 3589
Location: Erie, PA formally Massillon Ohio
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
dawgpound1816 wrote:
In this offense.....I'm down.

The easiest way for Chud to be successful this year and years to come is to give him weapons to make great mismatches. Wallace, Gordon & Little present hellonearth for defenses. Oh wait....and TRich.....and hopefully add another weapon by drafting.....Kelce maybe with our 3rd Rd pick.

Uhhhhhh......Which way did he go George....Which way did he go?


If we couldn't score with that kind of package...except we don't have a QB!

Add Alex Smith and I'm in.


I'm not going to get in a debate about our QB at this point, b/c even DA had success with Chud as his OC. So I will allow time to be on our side for now. Especially with that type of talent surrounding our QB in this system. Not to mention a RB that should see 7 in the box consistently. It's a pick your poison so to speak. It boils down to QB play and consistency. If our QBs make the throws.....we will have success.
_________________


R.I.P. Brother Crakburn - Never Bark in the Dark Brother Crakburn....For all of us Dawgs will be barking to the heavens for you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pnies20


Joined: 19 Dec 2007
Posts: 7084
Location: Nashville through Erie, PA
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawgpound1816 wrote:
bruceb wrote:
dawgpound1816 wrote:
In this offense.....I'm down.

The easiest way for Chud to be successful this year and years to come is to give him weapons to make great mismatches. Wallace, Gordon & Little present hellonearth for defenses. Oh wait....and TRich.....and hopefully add another weapon by drafting.....Kelce maybe with our 3rd Rd pick.

Uhhhhhh......Which way did he go George....Which way did he go?


If we couldn't score with that kind of package...except we don't have a QB!

Add Alex Smith and I'm in.


I'm not going to get in a debate about our QB at this point, b/c even DA had success with Chud as his OC. So I will allow time to be on our side for now. Especially with that type of talent surrounding our QB in this system. Not to mention a RB that should see 7 in the box consistently. It's a pick your poison so to speak. It boils down to QB play and consistency. If our QBs make the throws.....we will have success.


Where do you live in Erie?
_________________
2013 Browns Forum HOF Inductee

<3 JF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thomas5737


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 5491
Location: WV
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pnies20 wrote:
FLAbrownfan wrote:
Having a debate right now about this with friends... Which would you guys rather, us sign Wallace for a v-jax type of deal, or make a trade for Percy Harvin & sign him as well????

What are your guys thoughts?


Wallace without a doubt. 5 yrs 55 mil is not bad. Wallace would instantly be the best #1 we've had in a long time.


I personally think Gordon is already better than Wallace. They would make a nice 1-2 punch, but if I had to choose between the two (which we may have to do in the future if we sign Wallace to a 11 million dollar per year contract) I'd choose Gordon.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cattleman78


Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 6975
Location: ohio
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outside of the very slim chance Flacco comes here I don't see the Brown's giving 11 million dollars to anyone. We could sign Wallace for 8 million though.
_________________
browns and indian fan 7272


Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group