Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Question on C. Barwin from Browns fan
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ruins1984

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Question on C. Barwin from Browns fan Reply with quote

Hey guys! First of all, I'm a Browns fan but I've been rooting for you guys for about 3 years or so. You guys keep drafting players I want; Cushing, JJ Watt, Barwin, Brooks Reed, Devier Posey... The Browns lose alot and it helps to root for other underrated teams. I rooted for Greenbay the season Aaron Rodgers took over until they beat the Steelers in the superbowl. Then, not to be a frontrunner, I picked another team, which happened to be Houston... and I'll root for you guys until you win that ring! Either way, Connor Barwin is a Free Agent and I was wondering how likely you guys think he is to be resigned or leave town? And what happened this year with him? His sack total took a big hit from the previous year.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Texans will make a serious attempt to re-sign Barwin, whether it gets done or not who knows, but they're going to try. Not sure exactly why Barwin dropped off in sacks but he played the run very well and pressured the QB alot. I've heard it said that he added weight this past season and that slowed him a little, thus not so many sacks. I'm hoping we keep him.
kenney

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Houston will make a serious attempt at re-signing him, but I think another team is going to woo him away by offering him more than the Texans can.
ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that he's going to be given a but of a low balled contact which will end with him walking
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barwin should resign on the cheap but I doubt he does, we will most likely let him walk. We drafted a replacement in round 1 last year

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
Barwin should resign on the cheap but I doubt he does, we will most likely let him walk. We drafted a replacement in round 1 last year

I thought the plan was to kick Reed inside and start Mercilus and Barwin on the outside.

If that's the case, then I do think we'll make a strong push to resign him. No idea if it happens or not though.
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

longhorntexan wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:

I thought the plan was to kick Reed inside and start Mercilus and Barwin on the outside.

If that's the case, then I do think we'll make a strong push to resign him. No idea if it happens or not though.

i dont see Reed as an ILB at all, but if we do, then we would have to pay Barwin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know he probably wants to stay in Houston and Houston probably wants to keep him, but they're going to be worlds apart on compensation. I wouldn't offer him anything over $4-5 million per year, but I know he's going to get something closer to around $7-$8 million on the open market.

TEXANS NATION LONGTIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
FFGL 1 Champ = Team Lork
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Barwin trimmed back down some, how effective would he be playing a Von Miller type role in a 4-3 defense?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
If Barwin trimmed back down some, how effective would he be playing a Von Miller type role in a 4-3 defense?

He might do ok but he's more of a DE than an OLB. He's a perfect fit as a 3-4 SOLB which will make him an attractive target for teams that are trying to switch to the 3-4 like Cleveland and Indianapolis. He's more valuable to a 3-4 scheme than a 4-3.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dsorc wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

He might do ok but he's more of a DE than an OLB. He's a perfect fit as a 3-4 SOLB which will make him an attractive target for teams that are trying to switch to the 3-4 like Cleveland and Indianapolis. He's more valuable to a 3-4 scheme than a 4-3.

Exactly. He is more effective when he is playing over the tight end. In the 4/3 he would go back to DE. Unfortunately we never really got to see him that much in the 4/3 since his rookie year he came off the bench and in his 2nd year he was out for the season. I personally think we have seen the last of Barwin in a Texans jersey. No way I would pay that much for him coming off the year he had. Resigning Quin and giving Cushing an extension is a bigger priority. Plus Mercilus will probably end up being better than Barwin anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies guys!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
dsorc wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

Exactly. He is more effective when he is playing over the tight end. In the 4/3 he would go back to DE. Unfortunately we never really got to see him that much in the 4/3 since his rookie year he came off the bench and in his 2nd year he was out for the season. I personally think we have seen the last of Barwin in a Texans jersey. No way I would pay that much for him coming off the year he had. Resigning Quin and giving Cushing an extension is a bigger priority. Plus Mercilus will probably end up being better than Barwin anyway.

You don't give Cushing an extension til you see how he bounces back from the ACL tear. Many players never return to their form after this type of injury.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
dsorc wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

You don't give Cushing an extension til you see how he bounces back from the ACL tear. Many players never return to their form after this type of injury.

I know. We are most likely going to wait till after the season anyway, but your right. It would be a huge gamble if we extend him before the season and he doesn't recover from his injury.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
buckwild wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
dsorc wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

I know. We are most likely going to wait till after the season anyway, but your right. It would be a huge gamble if we extend him before the season and he doesn't recover from his injury.

According to Pancakes we are gonna try and extend Cush and Antonio this off-season. On the flip side, we could sign him for a little cheaper this offseason coming off an injury

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: