Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Percy harvin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
WaterBear56


Joined: 26 Jul 2010
Posts: 3154
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A glorified slot receiver? No thanks. Admittedly, he deserves a big contract but should go to a team that already has a number one and is looking to become more explosive (ex. The falcons).
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cddolphin


Joined: 23 Mar 2009
Posts: 6639
Location: Gainesville, FL
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Character issues

$$$ issues

Will cost draft picks

3 / 3 ain't good
_________________
Maddogg wrote:
Also, Joe Philbin denies knowing who won the presidential election in 2012 because as quoted "I don't go anywhere where people talk about anything."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Miami2DaMax


Joined: 24 Mar 2010
Posts: 792
Location: North Carolina
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look who's a FA. why would anyone be interested in Harvin when you could just sign someone like Wallace, Jennings, Welker, etc without giving up picks and Harvin would prob cost more than these guys too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hrubes20


Joined: 02 Jan 2006
Posts: 9761
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
Harvin is so absurdly talented. He could/would fit our offense much the same way Randall Cobb fits in the GB offense. I would be THRILLED to land him and I would give up our 1st round pick to get him. As for the money, well Miami is flush with dough and have no Blue chip players on the roster at all, so why not go get one that we know is great and is still relatively young.
However, I would bet big dollars it won't happen. Philbin has stressed character over talent. Hence, the clearing out of most of the top end talent players on our roster. Why would he then ask Ireland (the errand boy) to go out and get Percy Harvin. It doesn't make sense or fit the plan the Dolphins and Philbin seem to be trying to fulfill.


This. I'm a little shocked at how little credit Harvin is getting in this forum. He can do things with the football in his hands that few others can do. Yes, he's had some disagreements with coaching staffs, but if we're talking only about talent, Harvin is a perfect fit for this team that is void of playmakers.
_________________


Big thanks to Big_Palooka on the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Maddogg


Joined: 29 Mar 2007
Posts: 1745
Location: A Galaxy Far Far Away......
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hrubes20 wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:
Harvin is so absurdly talented. He could/would fit our offense much the same way Randall Cobb fits in the GB offense. I would be THRILLED to land him and I would give up our 1st round pick to get him. As for the money, well Miami is flush with dough and have no Blue chip players on the roster at all, so why not go get one that we know is great and is still relatively young.
However, I would bet big dollars it won't happen. Philbin has stressed character over talent. Hence, the clearing out of most of the top end talent players on our roster. Why would he then ask Ireland (the errand boy) to go out and get Percy Harvin. It doesn't make sense or fit the plan the Dolphins and Philbin seem to be trying to fulfill.


This. I'm a little shocked at how little credit Harvin is getting in this forum. He can do things with the football in his hands that few others can do. Yes, he's had some disagreements with coaching staffs, but if we're talking only about talent, Harvin is a perfect fit for this team that is void of playmakers.


Sure Harvin can play, but why are the Vikings seeking to trade him. More than likely what he provides the team is less than what he takes away from the team. Therefore his locker room presence must be such a negative influence that he needs to go. Funny thing is the Vikings made the playoffs without him. A team needs to come together to win a Super Bowl and Harvin must be a divisive force. So I do not see him as a perfect fit, you take the whole player not just the stats this isn't Madden football for the playstation.
_________________



Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 5, Tackles 7 Assists 2 Sacks 1 Forced Fumbles 1

Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 5 : Death 24 Joe 14
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mercury22


Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

Joined: 23 Feb 2005
Posts: 12815
Location: the 50 yard line
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watch, some team like the Patriots is going to land Percy Harvin. Then every NFL fan will be asking "why didn't my team pursue Harvin?". He's gonna make some GM look like a genius. The guy is off the charts talented. Harvin has the youth (he's just 24) and the play-making ability to greatly impact ANY team in the NFL. We will be sorry we weren't bidding if we don't. I'm not suggesting giving up the farm to get him, but I would certainly make a call to Minnesota to see what they are asking for him.
_________________
"22 players are involved in every football play. To value precisely the activity of one of them, it is first necessary to account for the actions of the other 21"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green4gulf


Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Posts: 2265
Location: TN, by way of Palm Beach FL
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
Watch, some team like the Patriots is going to land Percy Harvin. Then every NFL fan will be asking "why didn't my team pursue Harvin?". He's gonna make some GM look like a genius. The guy is off the charts talented. Harvin has the youth (he's just 24) and the play-making ability to greatly impact ANY team in the NFL. We will be sorry we weren't bidding if we don't. I'm not suggesting giving up the farm to get him, but I would certainly make a call to Minnesota to see what they are asking for him.


I agree, but I certainly wouldn't give up the #12 pick for Harvin. Stricitly based off of talent I would imagine him being worth a late 1st......but reality is there's much more to consider than just talent. I'd be suprised if any team offers the Vikes a 1st for Percy.

Best I would do is our second 2nd rounder for Harvin, and I'd be happy to have him. He's a dynamic playmaker that can go the distance everytime he touches the ball, and the difference between Harvin and most slot WR's is he's shown that he can be successfull getting the ball from other positions not just the slot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Maddogg


Joined: 29 Mar 2007
Posts: 1745
Location: A Galaxy Far Far Away......
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
Watch, some team like the Patriots is going to land Percy Harvin. Then every NFL fan will be asking "why didn't my team pursue Harvin?". He's gonna make some GM look like a genius. The guy is off the charts talented. Harvin has the youth (he's just 24) and the play-making ability to greatly impact ANY team in the NFL. We will be sorry we weren't bidding if we don't. I'm not suggesting giving up the farm to get him, but I would certainly make a call to Minnesota to see what they are asking for him.



Rumor is Merc that The Minnesota Vikings want a second and fourth round pick for Percy Harvin.... That is what the opening bid base for his services is. Supposedly so far the 49'ers, Seahawks and Patriots have expressed interest.
_________________



Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 5, Tackles 7 Assists 2 Sacks 1 Forced Fumbles 1

Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 5 : Death 24 Joe 14
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mercury22


Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

Joined: 23 Feb 2005
Posts: 12815
Location: the 50 yard line
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:
Watch, some team like the Patriots is going to land Percy Harvin. Then every NFL fan will be asking "why didn't my team pursue Harvin?". He's gonna make some GM look like a genius. The guy is off the charts talented. Harvin has the youth (he's just 24) and the play-making ability to greatly impact ANY team in the NFL. We will be sorry we weren't bidding if we don't. I'm not suggesting giving up the farm to get him, but I would certainly make a call to Minnesota to see what they are asking for him.



Rumor is Merc that The Minnesota Vikings want a second and fourth round pick for Percy Harvin.... That is what the opening bid base for his services is. Supposedly so far the 49'ers, Seahawks and Patriots have expressed interest.


The rich get richer. What do all these teams have in common? Winning records and a strong enough coach to handle tough personalities. Wish we had either.
_________________
"22 players are involved in every football play. To value precisely the activity of one of them, it is first necessary to account for the actions of the other 21"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ViolentMonk71


Joined: 06 May 2005
Posts: 3766
Location: Don Shula's front porch
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
Maddogg wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:
Watch, some team like the Patriots is going to land Percy Harvin. Then every NFL fan will be asking "why didn't my team pursue Harvin?". He's gonna make some GM look like a genius. The guy is off the charts talented. Harvin has the youth (he's just 24) and the play-making ability to greatly impact ANY team in the NFL. We will be sorry we weren't bidding if we don't. I'm not suggesting giving up the farm to get him, but I would certainly make a call to Minnesota to see what they are asking for him.



Rumor is Merc that The Minnesota Vikings want a second and fourth round pick for Percy Harvin.... That is what the opening bid base for his services is. Supposedly so far the 49'ers, Seahawks and Patriots have expressed interest.


The rich get richer. What do all these teams have in common? Winning records and a strong enough coach to handle tough personalities. Wish we had either.


Strong enough coach.....all I see in Harbaugh is a whiny baby....."I want cake....I want cake now!"

I would give up the second and Bess for Harvin....
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WaterBear56


Joined: 26 Jul 2010
Posts: 3154
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harvin is going to disappoint a lot of you. The guy is a pure slot receiver, I don't see him as a successful number one. Twice he has had over 100 targets and in 4 straight years has failed to catch 1000 yards.

Hartline has had more success in the same amount of time. In his first year as the number one receiver he passed 1,000 yards. He also isn't a cancer nor is he injury prone.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fishfan4life


Joined: 15 Mar 2012
Posts: 1947
Location: santa rosa california
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WaterBear56 wrote:
Harvin is going to disappoint a lot of you. The guy is a pure slot receiver, I don't see him as a successful number one. Twice he has had over 100 targets and in 4 straight years has failed to catch 1000 yards.

Hartline has had more success in the same amount of time. In his first year as the number one receiver he passed 1,000 yards. He also isn't a cancer nor is he injury prone.
I think most of us are saying he isnt worth a high pick. Infact I am hearing most GM's think the best the vikes can get is a late 2 or 3rd round for him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mercury22


Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

Joined: 23 Feb 2005
Posts: 12815
Location: the 50 yard line
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:
Maddogg wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:
Watch, some team like the Patriots is going to land Percy Harvin. Then every NFL fan will be asking "why didn't my team pursue Harvin?". He's gonna make some GM look like a genius. The guy is off the charts talented. Harvin has the youth (he's just 24) and the play-making ability to greatly impact ANY team in the NFL. We will be sorry we weren't bidding if we don't. I'm not suggesting giving up the farm to get him, but I would certainly make a call to Minnesota to see what they are asking for him.



Rumor is Merc that The Minnesota Vikings want a second and fourth round pick for Percy Harvin.... That is what the opening bid base for his services is. Supposedly so far the 49'ers, Seahawks and Patriots have expressed interest.


The rich get richer. What do all these teams have in common? Winning records and a strong enough coach to handle tough personalities. Wish we had either.


Strong enough coach.....all I see in Harbaugh is a whiny baby....."I want cake....I want cake now!"
.


Jim Harbaugh gets more out of his players than any coach in the NFL, in my opinion. Harbaugh essentially took the Mike Singeltary team that was 6-10 and in two short seasons made them a Superbowl team, and perhaps, the most feared team in the NFL. I'd take him over any coach in the NFL right now.
_________________
"22 players are involved in every football play. To value precisely the activity of one of them, it is first necessary to account for the actions of the other 21"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Miami2DaMax


Joined: 24 Mar 2010
Posts: 792
Location: North Carolina
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. if they want a 2nd and 4th they should go ahead and jump on it. We got 3 2nd rounds picks so I'd be happy with that trade, even bess and and a 2nd I'd be happy with.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ViolentMonk71


Joined: 06 May 2005
Posts: 3766
Location: Don Shula's front porch
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:
Maddogg wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:
Watch, some team like the Patriots is going to land Percy Harvin. Then every NFL fan will be asking "why didn't my team pursue Harvin?". He's gonna make some GM look like a genius. The guy is off the charts talented. Harvin has the youth (he's just 24) and the play-making ability to greatly impact ANY team in the NFL. We will be sorry we weren't bidding if we don't. I'm not suggesting giving up the farm to get him, but I would certainly make a call to Minnesota to see what they are asking for him.



Rumor is Merc that The Minnesota Vikings want a second and fourth round pick for Percy Harvin.... That is what the opening bid base for his services is. Supposedly so far the 49'ers, Seahawks and Patriots have expressed interest.


The rich get richer. What do all these teams have in common? Winning records and a strong enough coach to handle tough personalities. Wish we had either.


Strong enough coach.....all I see in Harbaugh is a whiny baby....."I want cake....I want cake now!"
.


Jim Harbaugh gets more out of his players than any coach in the NFL, in my opinion. Harbaugh essentially took the Mike Singeltary team that was 6-10 and in two short seasons made them a Superbowl team, and perhaps, the most feared team in the NFL. I'd take him over any coach in the NFL right now.


I'll take his Brother and Tomlin first then maybe Jim....

I think many will say that 6 - 10 team underachieved and the 9ers are one of the most talented teams in the NFL (just look at the pro-bowlers on that defense). His end game play calling was one of the worse in Super Bowl History.....one of the strongest run games that include one of the fastest QBs in the league and Frank Gore, but he decides to throw 3 fades to Crabtree....Horrible....

I do like him....his sideline antics are a little over the top, but he does push his players and they look to be in a position to be in the playoffs every year.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group