Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Percy harvin
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Minnesnowta vk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Percy harvin Reply with quote

What would the dolphins be willing to give up for young playmaker mr Percy harvin to give tannehill some weapons
SUG

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I just don't know about this move ...?

The guy is a physical freak but:
a). is he a capable & intelligent route runner within the West Coast Off ...?
b). there is the issue of his migraines vs his availability to consider.
c). we already have an unproven undersized burner WR
d). is he a temp solution .. No thanks ...?
e). would acquiring him detract from drafting or obtaining a more capable long term solution...?
f). how high of a draft pk are we talking here ...?

A lotta questions.

sug
Maddogg

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) He wants a raise from his contract, a big raise.

2) Though the Vikings like to put a spin on it, he now has had issues with two different coaching staffs.

3) The migranes that have affected seemed to have lessened significantly, but stii do persist which leads to

4) I'm thinking there is some deeper psychological or physiological cause especially when he is now prone to unexplained outbursts.

Given the above. myself I would not entertain acquiring Percy Harvin other than as a free agent with medical clauses that give the Dolphins an out from his comntract.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1- he got his migraines figured out didn't have one all year high ankle sprain.

2- he idolizes Randy moss and with that theirs some character concerns which have been reported

3-The Vikings play the WC offense a little varied but it's still the west coast best slot receiver in the NFL outside welker
dolphin1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all it depends on the price. Honestly though, we need playmakers on this team so I woud atleast entertain the idea if it was up to me!

check out my blog: everysport.sportsblog.com
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope...He's not that productive and for the money he will demand and the fact he will most likely cost a pick...wouldn't take the chance.

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harvin is so absurdly talented. He could/would fit our offense much the same way Randall Cobb fits in the GB offense. I would be THRILLED to land him and I would give up our 1st round pick to get him. As for the money, well Miami is flush with dough and have no Blue chip players on the roster at all, so why not go get one that we know is great and is still relatively young.

However, I would bet big dollars it won't happen. Philbin has stressed character over talent. Hence, the clearing out of most of the top end talent players on our roster. Why would he then ask Ireland (the errand boy) to go out and get Percy Harvin. It doesn't make sense or fit the plan the Dolphins and Philbin seem to be trying to fulfill.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
Harvin is so absurdly talented. He could/would fit our offense much the same way Randall Cobb fits in the GB offense. I would be THRILLED to land him and I would give up our 1st round pick to get him. As for the money, well Miami is flush with dough and have no Blue chip players on the roster at all, so why not go get one that we know is great and is still relatively young.

However, I would bet big dollars it won't happen. Philbin has stressed character over talent. Hence, the clearing out of most of the top end talent players on our roster. Why would he then ask Ireland (the errand boy) to go out and get Percy Harvin. It doesn't make sense or fit the plan the Dolphins and Philbin seem to be trying to fulfill.

The Number 12 pick for a guy who has never top a 1000 yards, has injury issues and has had problems with two different coaching staffs....there is a reason they are shopping him...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:

The Number 12 pick for a guy who has never top a 1000 yards, has injury issues and has had problems with two different coaching staffs....there is a reason they are shopping him...

Last year I heard MULTIPLE players on the Vikings say that Percy Harvin might be the most talented player on their roster. And yes, they knew of a certain player nicknamed AP who won the league MVP. If you have seen Harvin play extensively then you know he is well worth a 1st round pick. As for the issue with coaching staffs, well, as I mentioned above, I believe that will be the reason he is not a match for Miami, but Harvin is WELL worth of 1st round pick. No question about it at all.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:

Last year I heard MULTIPLE players on the Vikings say that Percy Harvin might be the most talented player on their roster. And yes, they knew of a certain player nicknamed AP who won the league MVP. If you have seen Harvin play extensively then you know he is well worth a 1st round pick. As for the issue with coaching staffs, well, as I mentioned above, I believe that will be the reason he is not a match for Miami, but Harvin is WELL worth of 1st round pick. No question about it at all.

The talent is there, I watched him quite a bit when he played for UF and was as much of a factor to that teams success as Tebow was. If he didn't have the ego and the issues with coaching I would be all over trying to acquire him. If fact if Tannehill was more established I would take him with the issues, but with a second year coach and QB it may be too much to take on.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harvin at 12 merc? I am not so sure about that
JCool333

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get why we wouldn't go after Harvin. He's far more enticing than the rest of the WR talent out there. I'd send them the Colts pick or a 3rd for sure. We have too many needs to send a first for a WR, but I'd go after him with whatever other ammo we've got.

I know they need a DT, too, so maybe Jared Odrick can be worked in?
Mercury22

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:

If character weren't a consideration, I would do it in a heart beat. Harvin is a sure thing, every pick in the first round, comes with question marks. Harvin is proven and has tons of upside considering he's been working with a team that has some of the worst quarterbacking in the league. Harvin will explode on the NFL, ala Randall Cobb, the moment he is paired with the right offense and the right QB.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:

If character weren't a consideration, I would do it in a heart beat. Harvin is a sure thing, every pick in the first round, comes with question marks. Harvin is proven and has tons of upside considering he's been working with a team that has some of the worst quarterbacking in the league. Harvin will explode on the NFL, ala Randall Cobb, the moment he is paired with the right offense and the right QB.
It will be interesting to see what the vikes get for him and I believe this is more then a rumor and that both sides will want to move on. I am really hopeful for a cobb,harvin type I just think that might be to early for someone who works mostly out of the slot but if anybody could be worth it, maybe it is him.
Miami2DaMax

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one gonna offer a trade for him and he isn't going anywhere.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: