Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eagles re-sign Michael Vick to a 1-year deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonu62882

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

birdman0069 wrote:
jonu62882 wrote:
It could be worse. We could have Kevin Kolb at 13.5 mil.

LOLOLOL

Is it just or is Kolb looking like he's related to Bubby Brister these days?

Birdman0069, this is a WARNING for bringing up bad memories and spider trolling this forum.
birdman0069

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonu62882 wrote:
birdman0069 wrote:
jonu62882 wrote:
It could be worse. We could have Kevin Kolb at 13.5 mil.

LOLOLOL

Is it just or is Kolb looking like he's related to Bubby Brister these days?

Birdman0069, this is a WARNING for bringing up bad memories and spider trolling this forum.

My bad, I'm going to go sit in the corner for awhile.

Props to Eagles _808 on the sig.
PE, the new poster child for birth control.

Birdman, slowest to 10K
highboy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
highboy wrote:

The ignorance in your post is mindboggling. We are 4-12. I'll be happy to tell Maclin and Jackson they're rebuilding because that is exactly what they are doing. This team isn't anywhere close to a SB and Vick being out of the league 3 years? Seriously? And he still is one of the most injury prone players in the NFL. Get it? 33 isn't ancient when you're a true franchise QB that has perfected his craft. Its over the hill and lost when you still to this day after a decade in the league have only passed for more than 19 TDs once in your life and your career rating is still 56. Eli and the others you mentioned are at the top of their game. Vick already reached his top and it never went any higher than the curb outside of a Pizza Hut. This team is not talented. If it was, it wouldn't have missed the playoffs two years in a row and wouldn't be picking in the top 5.

6 of those games were started by Nick Foles. And again the Eagles Oline was atrocious. It doesn't matter how good your skill players are with that being the case.

And if you're going to pretend that a talented team has never missed the playoffs, then I guess you've ignored all of NFL history

Talented teams can miss the playoffs, talented teams don't go 4-12. Keep trying.
highboy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RollEagles wrote:
highboy wrote:
Yeah, that's brilliant analysis. 204 of Tebow's passing yards came from his main receiver's 4 receptions. Wow. Yeah, most of us knew that when a QB throws the ball, the receiver catches it. That's how the yardage stacks up. Unimpressive to you I guess, but its pretty much a requirement in the NFL and even in high school. For a QB's passing yards to count, his WR has to catch the ball.

You are absolutely right that a QB throws the ball. But I have two things to say to this:

1) Watch the game and you'll see that a decent amount of Thomas' yards came after the catch.

2) Tebow made a few good throws that game. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while and will put up a statistic that is a complete anomaly. The fact remains that the same squirrel completed less than half of his passes that game.

highboy wrote:
Meanwhile, Vick has been in the league for over a decade. Get the point yet slick? Tebow isn't even 26 years old yet. Vick's stats sucked balls in terms of passing too when he came into the league, and they've never really gotten better save for one whole season.

You know what I love about this site? It's that no matter what you are talking about, there will be someone foolish enough to argue even the most asinine points. Someone who has such a disregard for logic and reasoning in their quest to "win" or "lose".

The point I'm trying to make is that there is no "winning" or "losing" when it comes to this. There is simply just "foolish" and "not foolish".

It's fun to make statements like you have without considering their implications. However, at the end you have to make sure whether or not they strengthen your claims. And in this case, your statements absolutely don't strengthen your claims. Let's break down what you've said.

highboy wrote:
Meanwhile, Vick has been in the league for over a decade. Get the point yet slick?

This a true statement. I suppose I see what you are trying to say. But it's foolish. Allow me to explain:

highboy wrote:
Tebow isn't even 26 years old yet. Vick's stats sucked balls in terms of passing too when he came into the league, and they've never really gotten better save for one whole season.

Vick's stats weren't good when he came into the league. However in your quest to "win", you seemingly have ignored how much worse Tebow's first three years were than Vick's.

Tebow's First Three Years: 173/361, 47.9%, 2422 Passing Yards, 17 TD, 9 Interceptions, 197 Rushing Attempts, 989 Rushing Yards, 12 Rushing TD.

Vick's First Three Years: 331/634, 52.2%, 4306 Passing Yards, 22 TD, 14 Interceptions, 184 Rushing Attempts, 1321 Rushing Yards, 10 Rushing TD.

But we aren't talking about comparing their first three years. We are talking about how they match up right now and which would be better for the Eagles next year.

Mike Vick in the last Three Years: 690/1146, 60.21%, 8683 Passing Yards, 51 TD, 30 Interceptions, 238 Rushing Attempts, 159 Rushing Yards, 11 Rushing TD

Even if you look at just last season, Mike Vick's numbers were better than any season that Tim Tebow has had in the NFL.

The premise that I even need to present these numbers to support that Mike Vick right now is a better starting QB than Tim Tebow right now is a little absurd. How someone can't see that on their own is very interesting.

Your attempts at trying to show how "logical" your opinion is fell flat on its face when you completely ignore the crucial factor that Tebow didn't start nearly the amount of games in his first 3 seasons as a QB than Vick. Kind of hard to adequately represent someone's progress when they aren't playing the same amount of time. Your "blind squirrel" analogy is also completely fallacious given that Tebow, while having a below 50% accuracy, put up decent passing yardage and didn't turn the ball over NEARLY the amount Vick has the past 3 years. So yes, let's compare just the past 3 years: Vick is one of the most injury prone players in the league and each of the past two seasons was leading the league in turnovers before getting injured and knocked out of the game....again. If that is "better" than a QB whose passing statistics through 3 quarters look like crap but turn stellar and pulls out actual wins in the 4th while not committing turnovers like all get out than you have a point I guess. Just not a very good one.
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am on record being VERY against Vick, in every possible way, but come on, Tebow? If you watch football and know what your looking at you know that Vick is better then Tebow in pretty much every single way. Its not even close.
RollEagles

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

highboy,

You can justify Tebow's play all you want. Fact is that his numbers and on field performance has been terrible. He is among the worst starting QBs in NFL history statistically speaking.

A key fact about Tebow is that he is barely a quarterback in the NFL and he spent all of last season on a roster with Mark Sanchez. Despite this, Tebow couldn't get starting time.

This is just silly. I don't want to turn this thread into a Vick versus Tebow thread anymore than it already is. You won't budge and I won't ever agree that Tebow would be a better choice for the Eagles next year.

I think it's safe to say that most people on this board and most people associated with the NFL would agree that choosing Tebow over Vick right now would be a very stupid move for the Eagles.

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tebow is a lesser quarterback than Vick.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
birdman0069

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait until Tebow is playing in Calgery so this nonsense will stop.

Birdman, slowest to 10K
marky_b27

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:

Incorrect.

Neither are quarterbacks

Wink

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
Phire wrote:

Incorrect.

Neither are quarterbacks

Wink

Touché

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
babyatemydingo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone else see Vick as the natural back up in SF?

He has a similar skill set to Kaepernick and is $5M cheaper than Alex Smith.
birdman0069

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

babyatemydingo wrote:

I don't think he has any trade value as a backup.

Birdman, slowest to 10K
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

babyatemydingo wrote:

Yes that is one of the landing spots he could still be traded too IMO.

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 12 Gm/ 71 Rec/ 1088 Yds/ 9 TD/ 15.3 YPC/
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

babyatemydingo wrote:

Doesn't matter. We don't want Smith and Vick is going to be on the Eagles this year.
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
babyatemydingo wrote:

Doesn't matter. We don't want Smith and Vick is going to be on the Eagles this year.

Might want to re-read dingo's post again. He's not talking about swapping QB but when/If Smith is let go/traded they would trade for Vick to replace him. Those thinking Vick has no chance of being traded need to look at the contract language closer and read between the lines. Yes it is possible.

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 12 Gm/ 71 Rec/ 1088 Yds/ 9 TD/ 15.3 YPC/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 38 of 41

Jump to: