Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What-If Scenario at Running Back

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iRobot

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: What-If Scenario at Running Back Reply with quote

Ryan Williams has been mentioned by name. Many believe, although it's speculation, that he will be the main back in 2013. Beanie has struggled to show consistency and struggled to stay healthy.

Into the picture comes New Orleans.. they have Darren Sproles, Mark Ingram, and Pierre Thomas under contract for 2013...

Chris Ivory is a pending restricted free agent. They do not need to tender him and if they do, I would suspect it could be a 2nd or 3rd rounder to get him. Note: The kid went undrafted. (http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-orleans-saints/chris-ivory/)

In limited duty, Ivory has averaged 5.4 yards per carry on 40 carries during his 3 seasons in the NFL. if you watch some of his runs, you can see the kid has the ability to break off the home run as well. He's stuck in a situation where there are so many running backs that are good enough to see the field, that he rarely ever does.

I really wouldn't mind seeing Beanie be shown the door and Ivory brought in to pair up with Williams, even if LaRod doesn't make it back (but I'd like LaRod back too).

I guess not much to discuss on the topic until the Saints act on Ivory.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do like Ivory and we need a hard runner but I'm holding out hope that Beanie gets it together. He can get himself healthy and have a fresh start with the new staff. Let's get a contract year out of him and get a comp pick the next year.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
apollo14000

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
I do like Ivory and we need a hard runner but I'm holding out hope that Beanie gets it together. He can get himself healthy and have a fresh start with the new staff. Let's get a contract year out of him and get a comp pick the next year.

The difference between the two is that Ivory is a hard runner and Beanie is not. Beanie goes down way to easily. He's just not a very balanced runner and he's constantly tripping and slipping. If he gets healthy, and if he can return to 2011 form where he rushed for 1000+ yards, and if he can run harder than I'd welcome him back. That's a lot of Ifs though. Ivory has always impressed me in the limited chances he got.
iRobot

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:

I'd like to see him produce and contract year should give some results, but his durability is always a major concern and I don't really remember the last time he wasn't on the injury report.

Last season might be an anomaly but I think it's a foreshadow of what's to come for him.. I don't think his body will hold up ever.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RFA thing kinda scares me. What is the exact compensation they'd look for ya think?

The Rebuild Has Begun...
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
The RFA thing kinda scares me. What is the exact compensation they'd look for ya think?

That's my exact thought as well. I don't like RFA's and don't like to deal with them

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:

Sounds like they may ask for a 2nd round tender, which I wouldn't be willing to pay.

Basically RFA compensation would be a draft pick for the tender given to him and then he'd want a new contract. No clue what he thinks he can yield from a new contract.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might as well spend the draft pick on someone with less wear on the tyres

Also would be heaps cheaper.

If it only cost a 6th or 7th, then fine, otherwise, big pass from me

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: