You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Would you want to steal Flacco for two 1st rd picks?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Productiondawg

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How close are Caldwell's and Turner's offenses? It's true Flacco wasn't the most consistant player under Cameron, but he was very consistant and productive under Caldwell. If these offenses are close to eachother than we need to at least look at the idea. Coaches get fired without good QBs, I'd hate for Chud to get fired because he spent too long looking for the right guy.

Season tickets, section 315, since 06
See you in the Muni with the Tailgate DJs
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Yes and by the way, Yes

Any chance you get to screw your hated rival over, you take it!
buno67

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really surprised that some are saying no...
Two first for a 28year old franchise Super Bowl winning MVP.

Saying he was bailed out by his WRs. That's the WRs job to make the catches. That Super Bowl run was one of the best runs by a QB since joe Montana and he would of lead his team to back to Back superbowls if his WR didn't drop that pass vs the Pats 2yeara ago.

We have a QB who is use to playing in poor wither when he played at Pitt, Delware, and in Maryland, so the wind off the lake or snow would not affect him. He is entering his prime and wouldn't have to waste anytime developing. Ppl saying they want to sit on the picks and draft a QB next year. To get the best QB we would have to be a top5pick again. Flacco could turn us into a playoff team right away. Also Flacco has never played with a offensive line as good as the Browns. Joe Thomas protecting Flaccos blindside would make him even better of a QB. He a QB who likes to run first to set up the pass unlike in the early parts of the season for the ravens last year.

We can have a franchise QB for the next 8years and allow other parts of the team to develop. I would kill for flacco lol I love Weeden but Flacco is just better
sdrawkcab321

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 first rounders? thats all? absolutely, not even a second thought. heck, throw in weeden too. we need a franchise QB and not one who is gonna take 3-4 years to develop. we can patch the rest of the defense with the money left over and the rest of our picks
BwickBrownie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
I'm really surprised that some are saying no...
Two first for a 28year old franchise Super Bowl winning MVP.

Saying he was bailed out by his WRs. That's the WRs job to make the catches. That Super Bowl run was one of the best runs by a QB since joe Montana and he would of lead his team to back to Back superbowls if his WR didn't drop that pass vs the Pats 2yeara ago.

We have a QB who is use to playing in poor wither when he played at Pitt, Delware, and in Maryland, so the wind off the lake or snow would not affect him. He is entering his prime and wouldn't have to waste anytime developing. Ppl saying they want to sit on the picks and draft a QB next year. To get the best QB we would have to be a top5pick again. Flacco could turn us into a playoff team right away. Also Flacco has never played with a offensive line as good as the Browns. Joe Thomas protecting Flaccos blindside would make him even better of a QB. He a QB who likes to run first to set up the pass unlike in the early parts of the season for the ravens last year.

We can have a franchise QB for the next 8years and allow other parts of the team to develop. I would kill for flacco lol I love Weeden but Flacco is just better

I must admit, I've been waffling back and forth as to whether I'd be on board... and although I'm finally leaning towards feeling like I'd be on the side of pulling the trigger for that deal if it came up, I think expecting to go directly to the playoffs would be too much.

Yes, we'd finally have a top tier QB (although I don't think I'd ever look at Flacco being on the same level as Brees / Brady / Manning) but grabbing him would sacrifice a big portion of being able to fill in the holes of the defense this year, and most likely next, because our top picks are gone along with our freedom we have from having cap space. So anyone honestly feeling gung-ho about getting him should take a second to realize it would be to the detriment of our defense.
candyman93

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought I'd never say this

But this is a brilliant idea Buno
poorbytehshore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super Bowl winning QB with 11TD, 0INT and he is overrated and inconsistent... Heard it all now. His receivers can't make those plays unless he puts it there.
duke2056

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do think Flacco is overrated...........but that doesn't mean he isn't REALLY REALLY good. He is being lumped into the top 5 in the NFL group which he is not, hence overrated.

HOWEVER, overrated or not, he is still a hell of a QB and a hell of a leader, and he has a nice edge to him that I love in a QB. He fits the "I am disrespected and I am gonna stick it up your F'in arse Charlie Sheen Wild Thing style" very well.

Two 1st rounders would hurt us on defense giving up pick 6 and our 2014 1st.....................but it wouldn't hurt us nearly as much as FLacco would HELP us for the better part of the next decade.

As of right now, I say yes, even at 20 million a year for 6-7 years with Brees type guarantees.

Two years from now that contract will be like 5th or 6th highest

Anyone of you saying "no" to this I have to question what you really want out of this team. You want to keep spinning our wheels in the ditch we have been in forever???? Or do you wanna take a chance and get a guaranteed good QB and also SCREW the Ravens.

No players they get at 6 and sign in free agency will help nearly as much as losing FLacco will hurt them. And while I wouldnt make a huge decision like this based on it's effect to another team, this would just be a HILARIOUS bonus
We draft Garrett at #1 (out on a limb there).
We trade back from 12 for another 2018 1st.
We do NOT draft a QB in the first 2 rounds.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he definitly is not in the top tier of QB's, but hey carson palmer went for 2 1sts
duke2056

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, one more thing.............

There is no chance of this happening though. It's fun to think about and discuss, but FLacco is a Raven this year, in 2014, and beyond.

I think the odds would be lottery style for that front office to allow him to leave.
duke2056

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
he definitly is not in the top tier of QB's, but hey carson palmer went for 2 1sts

I thought they got a 1st and a 2nd.

Either way, it was 1st and a 2nd too much
CleBrowns07

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say no. If it was either sign him to a ridonkulous contract or give up two 1st rounders, then I'd be less hesitant. But it would require both. Flacco is going to command probably the richest contract of any NFL QB even though he isn't even top 5 at his position.

Ravens aren't going to let him go anyway

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CleBrowns07 wrote:
I say no. If it was either sign him to a ridonkulous contract or give up two 1st rounders, then I'd be less hesitant. But it would require both. Flacco is going to command probably the richest contract of any NFL QB even though he isn't even top 5 at his position.

Ravens aren't going to let him go anyway

His contract (like soooo many others before him) is only going to be the highest because he is negotiating it now.

Two or three years from now it won't even be top 5, possibly nearing 10th. At one point Sam Bradford had more guaranteed than Tom Brady, but only because he signed the deal a couple years after Brady (that and rookie deals used to be horrid).

So the contract part of it to me is fairly irrelevant, cause if you want a top-end QB, you will have to pay for it. There is no way around that other than blatant luck like WIlson, but even that will get you maybe a year cause he will just hold out REAL soon if they don't give him a nice deal.

The question is, is Flacco worth two 1sts.

What would make a HELL of a lot more sense would be to trade our pick #6 for a later 1st this year and a 2014 1st, then give our 2014 and 2015 1st rounders. I THINK that is possible.

Is he worth that?? Yes, he is.

This would be one of the safer bold moves you can make.
DawgX

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL. I love how people call Flacco overrated. He's one of the most criticized quarterbacks in the league and people constantly talk about how crappy he is and how he's not a franchise QB. Is he great? No. But he's one of the better QBs in the league and is certainly not overrated.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgX wrote:
LOL. I love how people call Flacco overrated. He's one of the most criticized quarterbacks in the league and people constantly talk about how crappy he is and how he's not a franchise QB. Is he great? No. But he's one of the better QBs in the league and is certainly not overrated.

he isnt in brady manning brees or rodgers realm either.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: