Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Harvin - someone has to ask
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE BIG CHEEZE wrote:
yes....are wide outs are divas...yes. Also very few wides outs these days stay healthy. He at least is a multi-dimensional player who is young and has not peaked. Will Harvin be injury prone wide out that may never pan out...maybe. Is he a old injury prone wide out that may never pan out...no. It's a better investment than galloway, johnson, glenn, T.O. I would trade Austin for harvin pretty quickly if you asked me just on Austin's age alone. FYI, I hate the gators/SEC outside of number 22 more than most. P.S. Go Bucks!!! and props to my man Eli Woodard/Apple (Eastern high school voorhees New Jersey) on being a top 10 cornerback prospect in the country. I coached him as a kid Also take the time so shout out our QB Tom Flacco for being the man...as well as an one of my other cornerbacks from eastern Logan Ryan out of Rutgers for being possible drafted in the first road....#justsaying...

Look at it this way....the recruits who just signed were in 5th grade the last time another conference won a title. SEC > Bucks.

We could have had Harvin in the 09 draft if it weren't for that ill fated trade. Sad thing is Jerry probably would have drafted him over Oher.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Austin for Harvin? In a heart beat.

I just don't get they hype with Harvin. He's a migraine prone diva who has no particularly defined skill set, who isn't as fast as advertised, and will be in the final year of his contract. He'd miss just as much time as our current WR with the exploding hamstrings.

Correct. But he is a Gator.

Have you ever seen me openly pursue a Wolverine? The only one whom I've ever said I wanted to draft was LaMarr Woodley. And he doesn't suck. Harvin does.

While this may be true - I am very anti-Gator WR's. But I do like Harvin. I think we would have won another championship had he stayed.

Plus, it would be nice to have a decent return game.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
THE BIG CHEEZE wrote:
yes....are wide outs are divas...yes. Also very few wides outs these days stay healthy. He at least is a multi-dimensional player who is young and has not peaked. Will Harvin be injury prone wide out that may never pan out...maybe. Is he a old injury prone wide out that may never pan out...no. It's a better investment than galloway, johnson, glenn, T.O. I would trade Austin for harvin pretty quickly if you asked me just on Austin's age alone. FYI, I hate the gators/SEC outside of number 22 more than most. P.S. Go Bucks!!! and props to my man Eli Woodard/Apple (Eastern high school voorhees New Jersey) on being a top 10 cornerback prospect in the country. I coached him as a kid Also take the time so shout out our QB Tom Flacco for being the man...as well as an one of my other cornerbacks from eastern Logan Ryan out of Rutgers for being possible drafted in the first road....#justsaying...

Look at it this way....the recruits who just signed were in 5th grade the last time another conference won a title. SEC > Bucks.

We could have had Harvin in the 09 draft if it weren't for that ill fated trade. Sad thing is Jerry probably would have drafted him over Oher.

Michael Oher..The not so blind side.
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
THE BIG CHEEZE wrote:

Michael Oher..The not so blind side.

Oher is very good at rt but we have Free.....uh wait. Nevermind.
Cicero

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I would love to have Harvin on this team...I couldn't ever justify giving him anything more than a #2 players deal. Which he doesn't want:

Quote:
Percy Harvin considers himself one of the NFL's top wide receivers and should be compensated accordingly, a Minnesota Vikings team source told ESPN's Josina Anderson Wednesday.

The source said Harvin is angling for a deal in the ballpark of the Detroit Lions' Calvin Johnson (eight years, $132 million) and the Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald (eight years, $120 million).

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000138844/article/minnesota-vikings-source-wants-to-keep-percy-harvin

So now that we've established we wouldn't even be able to keep him past this year, keeping in mind if we could financially make it work I'd be all for it but it won't happen, I say we trade Austin for a 2nd or more likely a 3rd, make room, and sign another Vet and move on.

Dez has everything needed to carry the outside load while Witten is still producing like he is and being schemed for, and we need to focus on improving our offensive and defensive fronts. We've got plenty of weapons offensively without needing to hunt for more unless they literally fall in our laps.

Wondering where I can apply for the DCRA?
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harvin is a superior talent to Austin. That said he will never be a Cowboy. Time to look elsewhere to replace Austin.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: