Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Milliner
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swindlemaster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Milliner Reply with quote

Alot of teams ahead of the Dolphins could take Milliner-CB.( TEN. S.D.CLEV.)Do you think the Dolphins would trade one of their second round picks to move up to maybe six to take him?
Emerica

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Milliner Reply with quote

swindlemaster wrote:
Alot of teams ahead of the Dolphins could take Milliner-CB.( TEN. S.D.CLEV.)Do you think the Dolphins would trade one of their second round picks to move up to maybe six to take him?

No.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really see a need to move up IMO. We still have a lot of needs and to move up will only take away from that. Not only that, but we will have a lot of good players fall to us at #12 and there are always surprise players falling that could work out for us. I don't like the idea of moving up but would be interested in moving back.

NFL - Miami Dolphins
College - THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Milliner Reply with quote

Emerica wrote:
swindlemaster wrote:

No.

FACT

Adopt a Phins 2014, 1st Pick Ryan Tannehill
Tannehill (2014 Season stats)
60.5-Comp/ 419 Yards/ 3-TD's/ 2-INT/ 76.1-Rating
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Milliner Reply with quote

Dolphinemidget wrote:
Emerica wrote:
swindlemaster wrote:

No.

FACT

I agree plus I like Banks better.

Fact is with so many holes there is going to be players falling that can still make an impact next year. Whether its WR, CB, or DE shoot even OL I think we will be good at 12.

Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Milliner Reply with quote

Jaytotha wrote:
Dolphinemidget wrote:
Emerica wrote:
swindlemaster wrote:

No.

FACT

Fact is with so many holes there is going to be players falling that can still make an impact next year. Whether its WR, CB, or DE shoot even OL I think we will be good at 12.

Yea if Millner is gone and we are going CB Banks should be there at 12 unless someone jumps us for him.

Adopt a Phins 2014, 1st Pick Ryan Tannehill
Tannehill (2014 Season stats)
60.5-Comp/ 419 Yards/ 3-TD's/ 2-INT/ 76.1-Rating
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too many holes and too many options to trade away 50 pick to move up for one player. If it was a QB then I can understand, but being set at that position I would give a resounding no. DE, OT, S, WR, OG, CB.....lots can be address and the Phins would be better served keeping picks.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see the Dolphins moving up in round one. Based on my rankings the talent is on defense and the offensive line in round one. The smart move for the Dolphins is stay at 12 or possibly move down a few slots to pick up additional picks.

Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 3, Tackles 5 Assists 2 Sacks 1 Forced Fumbles 1

Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 3 : Death 17 Joe 7
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would rather take Vaccaro over banks all day. BPA over need.
Phinsfan93

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't have to. I think people will be surprised how deep this CB class is.
Miami2DaMax

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: Milliner Reply with quote

Jaytotha wrote:
Dolphinemidget wrote:
Emerica wrote:
swindlemaster wrote:

No.

FACT

Yeah, I think Banks's better too.
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thanks. We can get Jordan Poyer in the 2nd. We can get Ansah or Jordan in the first to help with pass rush.

UniversalAuthor
SUG

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No & for so many reasons.
1. when your 7-9 trying to develope a 2nd yr QB you dont move up to draft a CB that high.
2. when your in the lower half of TD scoring Off in the NFL you dont draft a CB that high.
3. when half the Off starters do not fit the West Coast scheme you dont draft a CB that high.
4. when you only have 1 elite pass rusher halfway through his career you dont draft a CB that high.

My 2 cents
sug
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
1. when your 7-9 trying to develope a 2nd yr QB you dont move up to draft a CB that high.
2. when your in the lower half of TD scoring Off in the NFL you dont draft a CB that high.
3. when half the Off starters do not fit the West Coast scheme you dont draft a CB that high.
4. when you only have 1 elite pass rusher halfway through his career you dont draft a CB that high.

My 2 cents
sug

I agree with everything but 2. I think just because you don't have offensive scoring doesn't mean you have to reach for a WR. i think you can get a WR in the 2nd in Patton. There are more WRs in the 2nd and 3rd round this year. I do agree that pass rush is a need but Banks could be one of the best players available at 12. No need to trade up at all. We can sit tight and have Banks at 12

UniversalAuthor
SUG

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blagasse67 wrote:
SUG wrote:

My 2 cents
sug

I agree with everything but 2. I think just because you don't have offensive scoring doesn't mean you have to reach for a WR. i think you can get a WR in the 2nd in Patton. There are more WRs in the 2nd and 3rd round this year. I do agree that pass rush is a need but Banks could be one of the best players available at 12. No need to trade up at all. We can sit tight and have Banks at 12

Howdy B67
So we agree on the whole "not moving up" for a CB but ... no way do I put a drafting a WR before a stud TE.

If Philbin felt one of the TEs was well worth #12 or pk # 2A I'd be thrilled.
To me the an Elite TE has more value than a WR in the WC Off just from the perspective of
math alone. (3 WR to 1 TE)
What we need in the RZ is vertical dominance to help compliment the speed of Bess & Hartline.
We are not going to land all the long term solutions at WR this yr & we have neglected drafting a
STUD TE since the days of #13.

sug

Last edited by SUG on Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: