Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Percy Harvin
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Titans_Va

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Percy Harvin Reply with quote

Vikings Want either a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him. Would he be worth it?
TitanSS

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rd sure. 2nd.. meh, we have bigger needs

Edit: Depends on his contract. Considering what he will be asking for, I doubt signing him is a good choice.
VY-FTW

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rd and a later pick yes. 2nd HELL NO.

We don't need a slot guy sooo. I doubt this would ever happen. But you never know. I wanted Harvin in the draft so I would be happy.

CalhounLambeau on the sig!

Adopt-A-Titan:
1.Nate "The Great" Washington
J.Redd10

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill give a 3rd & next yr 3rd & Washington for harvin
Iceman88

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J.Redd10 wrote:
Ill give a 3rd & next yr 3rd & Washington for harvin

So you want to trade 2 3rd rounders and our most reliable receiver for a player that has major injury issues and is a possible locker room cancer?

Props to Kempes ^
TitanSS

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reported he'll be looking for around 10 million. Wouldn't take him for a 7th rounder.
J.Redd10

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Washington is a FA after this yr I believe an is not a game changer like harvin him an kendell would be sick like Deshaun & maclin
Iceman88

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J.Redd10 wrote:
Washington is a FA after this yr I believe an is not a game changer like harvin him an kendell would be sick like Deshaun & maclin

No he is not he is under contract for 2014 as well. No one said that he is a game changer, but he is a solid and actually averaged more yards per catch than Harvin last season. Harvin has chronic migraines that have cost him time throughout his career and any player that demands to be traded on a team that made the playoffs last season is not someone I want we already have a headcase at WR we do not need another. Add one via FA or in the draft.

Props to Kempes ^
J.Redd10

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I 4 got about his migraine problems good point ice man
However yrds per catch doesn't tell the whole story because harvin can do it all something nate can't
Iceman88

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J.Redd10 wrote:
I 4 got about his migraine problems good point ice man
However yrds per catch doesn't tell the whole story because harvin can do it all something nate can't

I do agree with you but you could say that Kendall Wright is a similar type of player (not as quick). I would not give up much more than a 3rd for Harvin, and I recently read that there were trade talks between the Vikes and Seahawks that would send Matt Flynn and a 2nd for Harvin. That is more than I would want to pay.

Props to Kempes ^
titans0021

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd give up a second for him. And I wouldn't think twice about it. Say what you want about him in the locker room, he'd immediately step in and be our second-best (possibly best) playmaker.

The guy can make plays after the catch and spread out defenses in a way none of our current receivers can, and would give Locker a top three of Harvin, Britt and Wright. Add in the possibility of some read option, a potentially improved offensive line and Chris Johnson, and we will have given Jake every weapon we could possibly give him to succeed.

We almost certainly won't, but I would love to see us make a play for him.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would trade are 3rd round to the vikes for Harvin. It'll add another weapon at wideout and for Jake Locker. We could use his speed at wideout and CJ speed at running back. Also, Harvin is really good at the KR game.
latinoaustino

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

derekfelty wrote:
I would trade are 3rd round to the vikes for Harvin. It'll add another weapon at wideout and for Jake Locker. We could use his speed at wideout and CJ speed at running back. Also, Harvin is really good at the KR game.

They won't trade him for a 3rd. Migraine issues aside he's a top playmaker and top talent and they'll get compensated as such. He hasn't done anything stupid like Santonio Holmes or any of those other guys traded fr late round picks. Also, we can't figure out how to use the weapons we currently have so let's not barter our future to overpay for a guy we won't even use properly.

Adopt A Titan

Alterraun Verner and Scott Solomon
TitanSS

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harvin is seeking a 10 million dollar a year contract. Not only is that way too much for a egotistical receiver who is always hurt, but if we signed him we don't have room to sign any other big free agents + our own guys + our draft picks.

This is one of those ideas that looks sexy, but really would be an overall negative for the team when you think about who else we could pick up in free agency with that money without sacrificing any draft picks.
derekfelty

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade Kenny Britt to the rams. Then get Percy Harvin to replace Kenny Britt. Percy Harvin is way faster then kenny. Also, Percy doesn't get into trouble like Kenny does. So it's all a win win. No more trouble with Kenny and have a guy that can play every game without getting into trouble. Percy might get hurt, but what player doesn't? I would not mind trading for him. Then the other teams got to watch out for CJ & His back up! Plus watch out for Percy Harvin with his speed. I think it'll be a great match up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: