Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Out goes Seymour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ro4DPoY

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bzane wrote:
Okay, so, can I ask Raider fans, was the Seymour trade worth it?

If you had it to do over, would you take Seymour again- or would you rather the Raiders had kept the first-round draft pick?

I'd rather have gone for a younger player, you cant really judge what could have came from what ifs, whether or not things would have played out the way they have, but it's hard to agree with 2 years of good performance over what could have been a decade long impact player. Either way like others have said i'm just glad we're moving forward.

oakdb36 wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
We only "lack" a 2nd rounder. That can be taken care of with only one trade down.

And if Brandon Williams (DT, Missouri Southern State) is there in the 3rd round, I would take him in a heartbeat. The staff surely knows who he is and what he can do since he was on their squad in the Senior Bowl. Since I work on recruiting at the high school where I coach, I had the pleasure of looking at several D2 schools and following their players to see if there was a fit with our guys. I always came away impressed with what Williams could do.

There is no real way to know but I hope I picked a winner by following this kid.

That 2nd has nothing to do with Seymour.

Even if we trade down, that's one less draft pick to work with.

Logic. Use it.

We're also short a 5th rounder.

I'm sure RM will do what's best with what little we have either way.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ro4DPoY wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
Ro4DPoY wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
We're in the market for a cheap, rotational, disciplined DT. One who understands the importance of staying in his gap and occupying blockers. Hopefully we can snag one of those and retain Bryant.

+1 on this. If there is someone out there that can legitimately maintain his gap and occupy blockers I really wouldn't complain. Hopefully RM does what's best for the team and we see a major improvement next season.
Make up your mind, S&B88 just named guys that can do this, but you respond by saying you want a guy that can get sacks and alot of stats.

I want it all, I just want someone that can do it all. Maintain gap control, rush when necessary and stuff the run when it comes his way. I'm just saying I want a guy that can make the type of impact to improve the defense all around which I certainly think is possible with a top rank DT.

Name DTs who do all that in the NFL right now. How many are they?
Ro4DPoY

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Ro4DPoY wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
Ro4DPoY wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
We're in the market for a cheap, rotational, disciplined DT. One who understands the importance of staying in his gap and occupying blockers. Hopefully we can snag one of those and retain Bryant.

+1 on this. If there is someone out there that can legitimately maintain his gap and occupy blockers I really wouldn't complain. Hopefully RM does what's best for the team and we see a major improvement next season.
Make up your mind, S&B88 just named guys that can do this, but you respond by saying you want a guy that can get sacks and alot of stats.

I want it all, I just want someone that can do it all. Maintain gap control, rush when necessary and stuff the run when it comes his way. I'm just saying I want a guy that can make the type of impact to improve the defense all around which I certainly think is possible with a top rank DT.

I know right, hopefully we find that guy. Marcell Dareus is pretty awesome in Buffalo. I still think back to when I was hoping we picked up BJ Raji. Suh had a down year but definitely looks like the right pick no matter how dirty of a player he is. I'm really just hoping at this point we get Lotulelei if he's as good as he's being made out to be.
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ro4DPoY wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Ro4DPoY wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
Ro4DPoY wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

I know right, hopefully we find that guy. Marcell Dareus is pretty awesome in Buffalo. I still think back to when I was hoping we picked up BJ Raji. Suh had a down year but definitely looks like the right pick no matter how dirty of a player he is. I'm really just hoping at this point we get Lotulelei if he's as good as he's being made out to be.

Yep, I think Star could be that guy. He's my second choice right now at our draft spot. A tandem of Bryant and Star could be a real foundation to the interior of a d-line and potentially provide that "do-it-all" mix you were talking about.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justwinbaby81 wrote:
Ro4DPoY wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Ro4DPoY wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
Ro4DPoY wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

Yep, I think Star could be that guy. He's my second choice right now at our draft spot. A tandem of Bryant and Star could be a real foundation to the interior of a d-line and potentially provide that "do-it-all" mix you were talking about.

+1 For sure. Williamson posted on ESPN with two solid upgrades at DT and CB we could definitely be on the right track for upgrading the defense, pointing out Aqib Talib as the guy to go after in FA. I'm not saying it has to be him but if we pick up Star in the first and acquire a decent CB such as Talib in FA our defense is certainly going to be back on track.

I still believe we should add to the LB position but with the salary cap situation being what it is we'll probably have to wait until next year unless we get a late round/rookie free agent gem like we did in Streater.
Dreadymatt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justwinbaby81 wrote:
Ro4DPoY wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Ro4DPoY wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
Ro4DPoY wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

as much as I'd love that scenario I don't think it'll happen, got a bad feeling Bryant will leave (as we wont be able to afford him)
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreadymatt wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
Ro4DPoY wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Ro4DPoY wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
Ro4DPoY wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

as much as I'd love that scenario I don't think it'll happen, got a bad feeling Bryant will leave (as we wont be able to afford him)

I also think Bryant signs somewhere else. I think he's looking at a big contract offer from another team and we might not be in the position to match it. Even if we match it he might want to take his chances with a stronger contender if they offer equal money.

He's the one guy I want back next year, but I dont want him back for anything near what Kelly got.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I've actually been thinking there's a good chance Bryant leaves. It'd hurt if he did no doubt, but I would understand if he did.

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Did somebody mention teens?
Ro4DPoY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I swear if we lose D Bryant we're really going to be right back at square one regardless if we get Star, It'll be the combination of the two along with Houston that will get our DL back on track. Hopefully RM gets the cap under control enough so that we can keep impact players such as D Bryant. He doesn't deserve Al Davis money but we should still be able to keep him interested at a reasonable price.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ro4DPoY wrote:
I swear if we lose D Bryant we're really going to be right back at square one regardless if we get Star, It'll be the combination of the two along with Houston that will get our DL back on track. Hopefully RM gets the cap under control enough so that we can keep impact players such as D Bryant. He doesn't deserve Al Davis money but we should still be able to keep him interested at a reasonable price.

I doubt Bryant will get too big of an offer. There are a ton of DT's in this draft. And if he does get one let him walk, get the comp pick next season, probably a high one if he does get a huge contract. Its not like he is irreplaceable.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
Ro4DPoY wrote:

I doubt Bryant will get too big of an offer. There are a ton of DT's in this draft. And if he does get one let him walk, get the comp pick next season, probably a high one if he does get a huge contract. Its not like he is irreplaceable.
We cant get better if we let our proven players walk.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Ro4DPoY wrote:

Is Bryant really proven though? He's solid and has played well, but he isn't exactly a game changer. While it would be prudent to keep him, it would be more prudent to keep him at the right price. That means not overpaying him if it becomes necessary to keep him

ravens_rool28 wrote:
raidr4life

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Ro4DPoY wrote:

Is Bryant really proven though? He's solid and has played well, but he isn't exactly a game changer. While it would be prudent to keep him, it would be more prudent to keep him at the right price. That means not overpaying him if it becomes necessary to keep him
He's earned himself a pay raise but I dont think he is going to be breaking the bank like some people think he might. Losing him just creates another hole and we dont have enough draft picks as it is to fill all our needs.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Ro4DPoY wrote:

He's earned himself a pay raise but I dont think he is going to be breaking the bank like some people think he might. Losing him just creates another hole and we dont have enough draft picks as it is to fill all our needs.

This is the same logic as re-signing Routt to that big deal he got. Bryant wouldn't be getting a stupid deal like that but the fact remains he shouldn't be overpaid as if he's some premeir payer. Because he isn't.

ravens_rool28 wrote:
raidr4life

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Ro4DPoY wrote:

This is the same logic as re-signing Routt to that big deal he got. Bryant wouldn't be getting a stupid deal like that but the fact remains he shouldn't be overpaid as if he's some premeir payer. Because he isn't.
Well thats the beauty of this new regime guy's wont be over paid like in the past, and if he wants to move on hello Glen Dorsey. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: