Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Out goes Seymour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bzane

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so, can I ask Raider fans, was the Seymour trade worth it?

If you had it to do over, would you take Seymour again- or would you rather the Raiders had kept the first-round draft pick?
Raidin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A first round pick with Al Davis would have probably just been wasted anyway. Would have been a good bit cheaper though at least.
Darbsk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bzane wrote:
Okay, so, can I ask Raider fans, was the Seymour trade worth it?

If you had it to do over, would you take Seymour again- or would you rather the Raiders had kept the first-round draft pick?

Good question bzane.........

For his level of play alone i would have to say no. However, we have since developed Des Bryant and Lamar Houston who have (or should) become integral parts to our DL, I believe Seymour played a big part in their development and maturation which should be considered. If he did in fact help those guys mature and mentor them then I guess the high proce was somewhat validated.
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not worth it. He was a very good player for us for a few years, but embarassingly overpaid and cost us a potential player who could be a major rebuilding piece.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was good for 2 years. It cost us a 1st round pick and a ton of money. We didn't even make the playoffs in his time here. It wasn't worth it.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade wasn't worth it. It was a 'win now' type trade for a team without talent to compete let alone 'win now'.

In the end, they overpaid for a guy on the last leg of his career. Had a couple good seasons in Oakland, but was never going to be enough to overcome the limited talent on the roster to help win games.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not worth it without getting to the playoffs and winning.
At the time I really liked the maturity and work ethic he brought, but in time he became one of us with dumb mistakes. Still happy with the Roethlisburger punch, even though it was one of the dumb mistakes. Laughing
Darkness

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waisted pick, but he was pretty good in his first few seasons. I wonder how good the D could have been with a good coordinator when we still had Nnamdi, and Wimbley.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cost entirely too much, but this defense could have been better with a real D coordinator.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point who cares? I'm only interested in moving forward.

...and with quality rookies instead of has beens like Franklin and Knighton. Rolling Eyes

We have the ammo to move down and come up with at least 2 to be a 3 man rotation with Bilukidi. Especially if we lose Bryant.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
At this point who cares? I'm only interested in moving forward.

...and with quality rookies instead of has beens like Franklin and Knighton. Rolling Eyes

We have the ammo to move down and come up with at least 2 to be a 3 man rotation with Bilukidi. Especially if we lose Bryant.

I'm completely w/ you but these "has-beens" are going to be quite appealing w/ our lack of top picks. If we somehow accumulate more, yeah, let them go somewhere else but let's be logical here.

And no, Seymour wasn't worth the trade at all. Even when he had the 3 good seasons he did or whatever it was.

PM sig requests.
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We only "lack" a 2nd rounder. That can be taken care of with only one trade down.

And if Brandon Williams (DT, Missouri Southern State) is there in the 3rd round, I would take him in a heartbeat. The staff surely knows who he is and what he can do since he was on their squad in the Senior Bowl. Since I work on recruiting at the high school where I coach, I had the pleasure of looking at several D2 schools and following their players to see if there was a fit with our guys. I always came away impressed with what Williams could do.

There is no real way to know but I hope I picked a winner by following this kid.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
We only "lack" a 2nd rounder. That can be taken care of with only one trade down.

And if Brandon Williams (DT, Missouri Southern State) is there in the 3rd round, I would take him in a heartbeat. The staff surely knows who he is and what he can do since he was on their squad in the Senior Bowl. Since I work on recruiting at the high school where I coach, I had the pleasure of looking at several D2 schools and following their players to see if there was a fit with our guys. I always came away impressed with what Williams could do.

There is no real way to know but I hope I picked a winner by following this kid.

That 2nd has nothing to do with Seymour.

Even if we trade down, that's one less draft pick to work with.

Logic. Use it.
Ro4DPoY

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
Ro4DPoY wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
We're in the market for a cheap, rotational, disciplined DT. One who understands the importance of staying in his gap and occupying blockers. Hopefully we can snag one of those and retain Bryant.

+1 on this. If there is someone out there that can legitimately maintain his gap and occupy blockers I really wouldn't complain. Hopefully RM does what's best for the team and we see a major improvement next season.
Make up your mind, S&B88 just named guys that can do this, but you respond by saying you want a guy that can get sacks and alot of stats.

I want it all, I just want someone that can do it all. Maintain gap control, rush when necessary and stuff the run when it comes his way. I'm just saying I want a guy that can make the type of impact to improve the defense all around which I certainly think is possible with a top rank DT.
G

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:

I've been looking into the guy and mocking him with our 4th and a CB with that 3rd...Depending on which CB's are there, I'd probably take him with our 3rd as he might not fall to the 4th with a good combine.
I liked this on the Draft section
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=511850

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: