Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Out goes Seymour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ro4DPoY

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Out goes Seymour Reply with quote

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2013/2/9/3971488/report-oakland-raiders-void-richard-seymour-contract-pick-up-the-tab

Thought people would be interested. Really hoping to see more inflated contracts walking out the door this offseason.
dawsonleery

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiders top priority should be to resign DT, Desmond Bryant who has outplayed Seymour in every phase of the game. Much younger too.
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dancing

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the Sio sig.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great help to the run defense he was. Rolling Eyes

You next Tommy!

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Ro4DPoY

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm Hoping they choose Star in the first, if not hopefully a player that's ready to start somewhere on the DL. There really aren't any DT's worth going after in FA so unless we go through the draft or figure out a team to trade with we're going to struggle in the trenches on D once again.

I'd be happy with a QB crushing OLB or DE after literally dropping roughly 20 sacks in a single season, with the draft being defense heavy at the top of the board i'd think the only mistake we could make is taking Milliner in the first without finding a way to attack the QB.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ro4DPoY wrote:
I'm Hoping they choose Star in the first, if not hopefully a player that's ready to start somewhere on the DL. There really aren't any DT's worth going after in FA so unless we go through the draft or figure out a team to trade with we're going to struggle in the trenches on D once again.

I'd be happy with a QB crushing OLB or DE after literally dropping roughly 20 sacks in a single season, with the draft being defense heavy at the top of the board i'd think the only mistake we could make is taking Milliner in the first without finding a way to attack the QB.
Disagree there are some good run stuffing DTs available in FA.

OUR FUTURE PREMIERE LT!!
Mad props to Silver&Black88 on the sig.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
Ro4DPoY wrote:

+1. None are studs, but let's be honest: we can't afford a stud and probably wouldn't even go after one in FA if we could. We're in the market for a cheap, rotational, disciplined DT. One who understands the importance of staying in his gap and occupying blockers. Hopefully we can snag one of those and retain Bryant.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
Ro4DPoY wrote:

+1. None are studs, but let's be honest: we can't afford a stud and probably wouldn't even go after one in FA if we could. We're in the market for a cheap, rotational, disciplined DT. One who understands the importance of staying in his gap and occupying blockers. Hopefully we can snag one of those and retain Bryant.

Other than Glenn Dorsey and our own D. Bryant who else is really out there and what kind of statistics did they put up? I'd rather get a guy we can keep for a decade than hope for another Seymour that's only going to last us a couple seasons.

I understand not going after a stud but if we're going to use that first round pick for the best I believe the DL needs to be addressed.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ro4DPoY wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
Ro4DPoY wrote:

Other than Glenn Dorsey and our own D. Bryant who else is really out there and what kind of statistics did they put up? I'd rather get a guy we can keep for a decade than hope for another Seymour that's only going to last us a couple seasons.

I understand not going after a stud but if we're going to use that first round pick for the best I believe the DL needs to be addressed.

Terrance Knighton, Sammie Lee Hill, Pat Sims, Alan Branch, Aubrayo Franklin, Isaac Sopoaga.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ro4DPoY wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
Ro4DPoY wrote:

"Statistics" for a DT, lmao. Glenn Dorsey hasn't done jack apart from being injured and played 3-4 DE. I'm talking like a Sammie Lee Hill or Terrance Knighton. A guy who will occupy Olineman to let our LBs do work.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Ro4DPoY wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
Ro4DPoY wrote:

"Statistics" for a DT, lmao. Glenn Dorsey hasn't done jack apart from being injured and played 3-4 DE. I'm talking like a Sammie Lee Hill or Terrance Knighton. A guy who will occupy Olineman to let our LBs do work.

T.G.I. S&B88 I could care less about Dorsey the point i'm trying to make is I really don't see a serious improvement on the DL with what FA has to offer. I'd much rather us focus on drafting for the DL in the first than going after a DT FA, I'm sure the DE and OLB prospects are much more worth looking at in FA but from what I've read they're really isn't anyone worth going after at the DT position.

As for Sammie Lee Hill and me asking for statistics his 3 games started and 15 tackles don't seem appealing in any way shape or form. Maybe tape says otherwise but on paper he doesn't seem very appealing, other than the solid grade rotoworld apparently gave him for his 17 QB hurries, but last I checked those aren't sacks, you know...those things that rock QB's and take them out of their comfort zone.

As for Terrance Knighton he certainly seems more appealing than SLH when it comes to "statistics" but at the same time was demoted to a reserve role, my whole argument is i'd much rather get someone that can change the game than someone that can let our "LB's do work." Last I checked our LB's aren't exactly elite.
Ro4DPoY

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
We're in the market for a cheap, rotational, disciplined DT. One who understands the importance of staying in his gap and occupying blockers. Hopefully we can snag one of those and retain Bryant.

+1 on this. If there is someone out there that can legitimately maintain his gap and occupy blockers I really wouldn't complain. Hopefully RM does what's best for the team and we see a major improvement next season.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sammie Lee Hill took a backseat to 2 first round picks, how was he going to start? lol. And stats aren't exactly the best way of judging how well a DT plays. Tommy Kelly used to have great stats but he still was/is horrid vs the run because he's a schmuck who is only interested in penetration rather than his gap.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ro4DPoY wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Ro4DPoY wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
Ro4DPoY wrote:

T.G.I. S&B88 I could care less about Dorsey the point i'm trying to make is I really don't see a serious improvement on the DL with what FA has to offer. I'd much rather us focus on drafting for the DL in the first than going after a DT FA, I'm sure the DE and OLB prospects are much more worth looking at in FA but from what I've read they're really isn't anyone worth going after at the DT position.

As for Sammie Lee Hill and me asking for statistics his 3 games started and 15 tackles don't seem appealing in any way shape or form. Maybe tape says otherwise but on paper he doesn't seem very appealing, other than the solid grade rotoworld apparently gave him for his 17 QB hurries, but last I checked those aren't sacks, you know...those things that rock QB's and take them out of their comfort zone.

As for Terrance Knighton he certainly seems more appealing than SLH when it comes to "statistics" but at the same time was demoted to a reserve role, my whole argument is i'd much rather get someone that can change the game than someone that can let our "LB's do work." Last I checked our LB's aren't exactly elite.

FWIW maintaining gap control, tying up OL and allowing LBs to "do work" WILL change the game, significantly for those who have have been watching the Raiders defense for 10 years.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ro4DPoY wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
We're in the market for a cheap, rotational, disciplined DT. One who understands the importance of staying in his gap and occupying blockers. Hopefully we can snag one of those and retain Bryant.

+1 on this. If there is someone out there that can legitimately maintain his gap and occupy blockers I really wouldn't complain. Hopefully RM does what's best for the team and we see a major improvement next season.
Make up your mind, S&B88 just named guys that can do this, but you respond by saying you want a guy that can get sacks and alot of stats.

OUR FUTURE PREMIERE LT!!
Mad props to Silver&Black88 on the sig.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: