You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Out goes Seymour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Rob wrote:
bring back Bryant and take floyd at #3, give some reps to houston at DT along with Bilukidi thats a nice young DT rotation...

not having the 2nd skrews us because a nice DE could be had in the top round 2....

Houston Floyd Bryant Shaughnessy
Carter Bilukidi Crawford and a mid round pick

not too bad, imo

Yuck. That's exactly what we tried with no success in the past. Rushing from the inside with no legitimate pass rusher. I really don't like that line of thought.
Big Rob

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Big Rob wrote:
bring back Bryant and take floyd at #3, give some reps to houston at DT along with Bilukidi thats a nice young DT rotation...

not having the 2nd skrews us because a nice DE could be had in the top round 2....

Houston Floyd Bryant Shaughnessy
Carter Bilukidi Crawford and a mid round pick

not too bad, imo

Yuck. That's exactly what we tried with no success in the past. Rushing from the inside with no legitimate pass rusher. I really don't like that line of thought.

got to keep our situation in mind though, not like we have a 2nd and money to spend. Plus we have holes everywhere so we cant use all our resources on DL.

Lets face it we are rebuilding. Chances are were going to be pretty bad next year, but hopefully we can develop a few guys and be in position to add a lot more talent next offseason with a full run of picks and some cap space.

hopefully, RMC can find a pass rusher on the cheap....

question, who would you take at #3? obviously we gotta go DL...i think Floyd is going to be a stud....Moore is out of the picture, Jones has the medical issue...im not sold on Werner...
Lainez32

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

suck for clowney anyone?
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Rob wrote:
question, who would you take at #3? obviously we gotta go DL...i think Floyd is going to be a stud....Moore is out of the picture, Jones has the medical issue...im not sold on Werner...

My sig says who I want. Floyd isn't impressive to me.

Lainez32 wrote:
suck for clowney anyone?

Just. Win. Baby.
Lainez32

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Big Rob wrote:

Lainez32 wrote:
suck for clowney anyone?

Just. Win. Baby.

Haha. I just don't envision us winning much this coming season, and boy would I love to get Clowney.
Big Rob

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Big Rob wrote:

Lainez32 wrote:
suck for clowney anyone?

Just. Win. Baby.

Jordan at #3 makes no sense for a team that hasnt been able to stop the run since '02...we dont have the luxury to draft a speed rusher with potential at this point...

Floyd can play all along the DL, command double teams and get penetration...

got to be able to stop the run on 1st and 2nd to be able to rush the passer on 3rd....
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Rob wrote:
Jordan at #3 makes no sense for a team that hasnt been able to stop the run since '02...we dont have the luxury to draft a speed rusher with potential at this point...

got to be able to stop the run on 1st and 2nd to be able to rush the passer on 3rd....

It makes a lot of sense for a team with a putrid pass rush that you're neglecting. You saw how much our run defense improved last year just with Bryant in there right? Get a decent DT to play disciplined to go with him and Bilukidi and we're fine for another year. Floyd completely disappears half the time from what I've seen.
Big Rob

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Big Rob wrote:

It makes a lot of sense for a team with a putrid pass rush that you're neglecting. You saw how much our run defense improved last year just with Bryant in there right? Get a decent DT to play disciplined to go with him and Bilukidi and we're fine for another year. Floyd completely disappears half the time from what I've seen.

id be fine with Jordan if we could trade back and pick up an extra pick...with a top 3 pick, we need someone that will make a difference in the run game

also, Jordan needs to add some weight and a few pass rush moves before hed be considered and elite DE prospect imo

id like Jordan more if we were moving to a 3-4, as he is a nice speed rusher with the ability to cover
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Rob wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Big Rob wrote:

id be fine with Jordan if we could trade back and pick up an extra pick...with a top 3 pick, we need someone that will make a difference in the run game

also, Jordan needs to add some weight and a few pass rush moves before hed be considered and elite DE prospect imo

I understand your concern but I think we're best off taking the best talent and potential we can get. Of course, this is just going to go back to you saying you want Floyd and you think he possesses those qualities. So I suppose this puts us at a stalemate.

Although, I don't judge Jordan as just a DE. Think more of a Von Miller role.
Big Rob

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Big Rob wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Big Rob wrote:

I understand your concern but I think we're best off taking the best talent and potential we can get. Of course, this is just going to go back to you saying you want Floyd and you think he possesses those qualities. So I suppose this puts us at a stalemate.

i feel you, i think Dion is a nice player with great upside...im just weary, i kind of feel boom or bust with him...thats maybe why i like Floyd so much...

i think DJ has the higher ceiling but Floyd has the higher floor so to speak...i just really just want us to get a quality player at #3, if its DJ i am all for it...i just want a stud lol
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Rob wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Big Rob wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Big Rob wrote:

i feel you, i think Dion is a nice player with great upside...im just weary, i kind of feel boom or bust with him...thats maybe why i like Floyd so much...

i think DJ has the higher ceiling but Floyd has the higher floor so to speak...i just really just want us to get a quality player at #3, if its DJ i am all for it...i just want a stud lol

We can agree on that one. I'll [inappropriate/removed] and moan if we pick a DT this year because I'm not big on any of them, but if they produce I won't complain.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: