Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Percy Harvin on the Trade Block?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
twslhs20

Location: Where the true depth of one's soul doesn't resonate with the world
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harvin wont get top 10 WR money whereever he goes. I'm more inclined to belive that, while he does want to get paid, he also wants an adiquit QB. I'm sure he would be be willing to compromise his salary demands to play with a respected QB and competitive franchise.

I could see the 49ers, Pats, or a dark horse like the Bengals trading for him. I think he will get top 50 value.

Joe_is_the_best ^^
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twslhs20 wrote:
Harvin wont get top 10 WR money whereever he goes. I'm more inclined to belive that, while he does want to get paid, he also wants an adiquit QB. I'm sure he would be be willing to compromise his salary demands to play with a respected QB and competitive franchise.

I could see the 49ers, Pats, or a dark horse like the Bengals trading for him. I think he will get top 50 value.

Now THAT is an idea. Really intriguing as a matter of fact. Great threat to pair with AJ Green. Put him in the back field now and then to spell BJGE a bit......interesting thought.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
twslhs20 wrote:

Now THAT is an idea. Really intriguing as a matter of fact. Great threat to pair with AJ Green. Put him in the back field now and then to spell BJGE a bit......interesting thought.

The Bengals do have Hawkins, so unless he can play on the outside, i wouldnt trust Harvin to be able to consistently.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I think about it more, his personality issues are going to play a larger factor than I initially thought. Wasn't aware of all of his past issues with coaches and authority figures from H.S. through Minnesota. Bet there's a LOT of teams that aren't interested at all in him.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
Now that I think about it more, his personality issues are going to play a larger factor than I initially thought. Wasn't aware of all of his past issues with coaches and authority figures from H.S. through Minnesota. Bet there's a LOT of teams that aren't interested at all in him.

all very true.

but you only need a handful of teams, or even just two, to make the price jump a bit.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:

Nope, but compared to players like Jennings, Welker and Bowe, youre going to get an extra five years out of Harvin and Harvin probably hasnt even reached his prime yet. Whereas, those free agents WRs (minus Wallace and Amendola) have peaked and have passed there prime.

That is the cost, overspend for a player you might have for 2-3 years or overspend and trade a pick for a player you could maybe have for 6-8 years.

Dwayne Bowe is 28
Wes Welker is 31
Greg Jennings is 29

I could see Welker for "2-3 years" but Jennings and Bowe are going to sign for 4-5 years - just like Harvin. I really don't think some team is going to give Harvin an 8 or 9 year contract so the idea that you're getting an "extra 5 years" is totally false.

Harvin (possibly) playing 5 years longer than Bowe or Jennings doesn't mean the team trading for him is going to get (or want) a 2nd contract with him.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

Nope, but compared to players like Jennings, Welker and Bowe, youre going to get an extra five years out of Harvin and Harvin probably hasnt even reached his prime yet. Whereas, those free agents WRs (minus Wallace and Amendola) have peaked and have passed there prime.

That is the cost, overspend for a player you might have for 2-3 years or overspend and trade a pick for a player you could maybe have for 6-8 years.

Dwayne Bowe is 28
Wes Welker is 31
Greg Jennings is 29

I could see Welker for "2-3 years" but Jennings and Bowe are going to sign for 4-5 years - just like Harvin. I really don't think some team is going to give Harvin an 8 or 9 year contract so the idea that you're getting an "extra 5 years" is totally false.

Harvin (possibly) playing 5 years longer than Bowe or Jennings doesn't mean the team trading for him is going to get (or want) a 2nd contract with him.

The point is, after Harvin finishes his 4 or 5 year deal, he will be the same age as players like Bowe and Jennings right now. Who knows about that third contract, but I think Harvin's youth is a plus that cant be ignored.
[UMN]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@TomPelissero
Giving up a pick and the contract is like double jeopardy. Trade value may be higher after March 12 if potential suitors whiff on top FAs.

@TomPelissero
As I said on show tonight, I talked to NFL exec last night who said he couldn't see any scenario in which #Vikings create market to get a 1.

@TomPelissero
Not surprised @RapSheet is finding relatively low ceiling on Percy Harvin value. Been vetting this since June. Consistently heard a 2 or 3.
iPwn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

Dwayne Bowe is 28
Wes Welker is 31
Greg Jennings is 29

The point is, after Harvin finishes his 4 or 5 year deal, he will be the same age as players like Bowe and Jennings right now. Who knows about that third contract, but I think Harvin's youth is a plus that cant be ignored.
It's a plus, but is it a plus worthy of giving up a top pick that can be used on another player? Not really.

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:

The point is, after Harvin finishes his 4 or 5 year deal, he will be the same age as players like Bowe and Jennings right now.

How is that relevant to the team signing him though? Wouldn't the team that signs him just replace him with a younger option? If you're not signing him beyond his age 28 season, it matters not how young he is unless you think there's a significant chance of decline for Jennings or Bowe.

Quote:
Who knows about that third contract, but I think Harvin's youth is a plus that cant be ignored.

I don't know that it's something to ignore, but if you're talking a 4 year deal for him compared to 4 years for Bowe or Jennings, I don't see it as a plus worth giving up a 2nd round (or whatever) pick for.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[UMN] wrote:
@TomPelissero
Giving up a pick and the contract is like double jeopardy. Trade value may be higher after March 12 if potential suitors whiff on top FAs.

@TomPelissero
As I said on show tonight, I talked to NFL exec last night who said he couldn't see any scenario in which #Vikings create market to get a 1.

@TomPelissero
Not surprised @RapSheet is finding relatively low ceiling on Percy Harvin value. Been vetting this since June. Consistently heard a 2 or 3.

Interesting, so we could trade our 2nd for Harvin, and our 3rd + Smith for Cromartie Laughing .

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This article only confirms, what I've been saying.

http://www.yardbarker.com/all_sports/articles/nfl_executive_vikings_likely_wont_get_more_than_a_3rd_round_pick_for_percy_harvin/12904315

NFL Executive: Vikings likely won’t get more than a 3rd round pick for Percy Harvin
Quote:
Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network says he spoke with two NFL executives and one told him that he would be shocked if the Minnesota Vikings received more than a third round pick in return for Percy Harvin. Heard from 2 NFL execs on possible Harvin trade: 1 spoke of how complex finding value is. Another said he’d be shocked at better than a 3rd — Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) February...

read more from article...

actually...it's exactly what I've been saying.
Except, I do think the Vikings could get a 3rd and then a lower pick added or conditional pick. Like a 3rd and a conditional 2014 4th or something.

You guys are not getting a 1st or 2nd rounder for Harvin.
The sooner you Viking fans realize this, the least upset you will be when a trade happens.

If I was a Vikings fan, I would be hoping to get a Player plus a 3rd rd pick for Harvin.

For example:
WR Percy Harvin (MIN)
for
WR Santana Moss
& 3rd rd selection
(using my team as an example...not that I want him here or that this trade would ever happen from a Redskins perspective)

But this is the kind of deal, that the Vikings might be able to get.
Mainly because Harvin is still very young.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he is valued that low as these sources claim, Vikings will keep Harvin on the roster and try and extend him after the draft.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:
If he is valued that low as these sources claim, Vikings will keep Harvin on the roster and try and extend him after the draft.

Vikings should definitely keep him.
Give him what he wants.

They won't get fair market value for his services, this yr.
If the WR market was thin, then they could get fair value.

Think of it like this Viking fans....
It's like trying to trade Lynn Swann and getting fair market value for him.

When Jerry Rice, Art Monk, Don Hutson, Steve Largent,
Andre Reed, Ahmad Rashad, Don Beebe, Chris Collinsworth & Sterling Sharpe are all Free Agents.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they could Milk a 2nd round pick for him straight up after free agency nearing the draft or on the draft.

I dont know what there cap space scene is but they should make attempt to sign him even if they have to pay extra. If they can draft a big bodied receiver to play on the edge and keep Harvin then your lookin at a really scary offense if there QB play ever gets there there ya know what i mean.

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: