Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Irrelevant Thread of Anything 31
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dhunt2402

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
HOVA333 wrote:
NinjaZX6R wrote:
Quote:
Former LSU cornerback Tyrann Mathieu will visit with the Patriots on April 5, according to Jeff Howe of the Boston Herald.

Hell Matha effing yea

Just what the Pats need, another CB with off field issues.

Laughing

What am I even supposed to say to that? We shouldn't have drafted Dennard? Shouldn't have ever traded for Talib, let alone re-sign him? If a player has talent, can contribute to a weak spot on the roster, and can keep their off-field issues under control, what's the problem? Belichick has shown that he'll cut ties immediately if problems crop up.

Deadpulse on the sig
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhunt2402 wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
HOVA333 wrote:
NinjaZX6R wrote:
Quote:
Former LSU cornerback Tyrann Mathieu will visit with the Patriots on April 5, according to Jeff Howe of the Boston Herald.

Hell Matha effing yea

Just what the Pats need, another CB with off field issues.

Laughing

What am I even supposed to say to that?

I don't think there was a "supposed" answer.

Quote:
We shouldn't have drafted Dennard?

I didn't say not imply this

Quote:
Shouldn't have ever traded for Talib,

Didn't say this either

Quote:
let alone re-sign him?

I didn't say this, though I believe it - not entirely due to him being a total turd

Quote:
If a player has talent, can contribute to a weak spot on the roster, and can keep their off-field issues under control, what's the problem?

I never said there was a problem taking a guy with a troubled past if he says clean.

Quote:
Belichick has shown that he'll cut ties immediately if problems crop up.

This is a nice myth but it's not true. Willie Andrews was cut yes. Nick Kaczur was not cut after being arrested. Jermaine Cunningham, Brandon Bolden and Brandon Spikes remain employed despite failing drug tests. Adalius Thomas was not immediately cut after becoming (reportedly) a huge cancer in the locker room, Ty Law was not cut after being arrested.

Hayneworth was cut, whether or not that was due to his blowup with Pepper Johnson we will never know. Willie Andrews is really the only guy I can think of (maybe I'm forgetting someone) who was cut "immediately." Even Steve Martin was given a bit of leeway when he started being disruptive in the locker room.

I might be forgetting a guy somewhere along the line, but the idea that the Pats cut guys who get into trouble "immediately" is totally and demonstrably false.

You've been here long enough and we've had enough back and forths that you should know I buy into Belichick's "buy low" strategy when it comes to guys with troubled pasts. Whether it's Hernandez, Dillon, the drafting of Dennard, etc. I have no issues with it.

My only real complaint is when you would potentially have three consecutive guys on the depth chart who have legal issues. One might legitimately be sentenced to prison in 2 weeks and the other two have had a tough time staying clean (which is the source of my problem).

These kids are immature 20 year olds and I don't fault them for making dumb decisions in college, nor do I think a flunked drug test should preclude them from being a Patriot. Where Mathieu loses me is when he had so many problems that he was kicked off the team because he didn't learn his lesson the first or second time. To me, that transcends youthful immaturity. He clearly didn't learn from his mistakes and showed a blatant disregard to his responsibilities, his coaches and his teammates. That inability to take punishment seriously and learn is a much bigger problem than a failed drug test IMO.

That said, maybe the stint in rehab changed him. If the Pats want to take a flier on him in the mid/late rounds, I'd be fine with that (Despite plenty of reservations about his actual on-field ability). I just think it's dangerous to have a concentration of "high risk" (which Talib and Mathieu certainly are until they stay clean for a few more years) repeat offenders at the same position - a very important position.
PatriotsWin!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.amazon.com/Wheelmate-Laptop-Steering-Wheel-Desk/dp/B000IZGIA8/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Look at the customer pics and their reviews (some of the funniest stuff I've read)

Mack on the sig
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PatriotsWin! wrote:
http://www.amazon.com/Wheelmate-Laptop-Steering-Wheel-Desk/dp/B000IZGIA8/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Look at the customer pics and their reviews (some of the funniest stuff I've read)

Laughing Laughing Laughing

That's the best one I've seen thus far.
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else excited to see Jeff Green as a full time starter with Rondo, hopefully next season?

Sigs-Taking Requests
Sciz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I havenít talked to equipment staff yet. Iíll probably wear whatever is available. If 16 is available, so be it. Weíll see.

Amendola's old 16 belongs to Kamar Aiken. I hear 83 is available, though.
Troy Brown

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
Anyone else excited to see Jeff Green as a full time starter with Rondo, hopefully next season?

If it's at the four. I'll never be excited to see Pierce off the floor.

I think Rondo hurts Green, anyway. I heard Rondo was on the bench tonight, though. I wish I coulda seen that. Rondo and Green are awkward fits together. It'll take some getting used to for them. Green plays well when he's given the green light to handle the ball, but Rondo is a great player, he can adjust to Green's style which is more important than Green adjusting to Rondo.

ELRammy
Troy Brown

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
Quote:
I havenít talked to equipment staff yet. Iíll probably wear whatever is available. If 16 is available, so be it. Weíll see.

Amendola's old 16 belongs to Kamar Aiken. I hear 83 is available, though.

Branch called dibs

ELRammy
NinjaZX6R

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol at Romo's deal.
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troy Brown wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:

If it's at the four. I'll never be excited to see Pierce off the floor.

I think Rondo hurts Green, anyway. I heard Rondo was on the bench tonight, though. I wish I coulda seen that. Rondo and Green are awkward fits together. It'll take some getting used to for them. Green plays well when he's given the green light to handle the ball, but Rondo is a great player, he can adjust to Green's style which is more important than Green adjusting to Rondo.

They shared a laugh on the bench. As sad it will be for Pierce's career to end, I would love to see what Green can do at the 3 full time. If Pierce and Rondo could co-exist, I think Green can be an extremely similar fit.

Sigs-Taking Requests
rabbisson

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pulled an NBT last night. Went to Boston, got a hotel room, met with friends, got totally wasted, woke up super hungover.

I love hotels.

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://twitter.com/Patriots/statuses/318017019364663296
Tom Brady Tribute
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ If that's a sketch, that's amazing. I have a signed/framed pic of Hernendez. It would be cool to have both TEs sign a sketch like that.

Sig by Smack
AAP Chandler Jones
2.5 Sax, 17 tackles, 1 TD
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I_GET_SAX wrote:
^^ If that's a sketch, that's amazing. I have a signed/framed pic of Hernendez. It would be cool to have both TEs sign a sketch like that.

I have a signed Gronk jersey, I totally want the set too lol

Sigs-Taking Requests
ChazStandard

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I_GET_SAX wrote:

That would be great. Get it signed. Get it framed. Then just sit back and soak up the awesome.

Adopt-a-Pat 2014: Robert Gronkowski TE
Rec: 31 Yards: 409 TDs: 4

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 53 of 100

Jump to: